AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month November Phase 3 Results

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month November Phase 3 Results

So uh, yeah. Another tie between two of our judges >.>

Seung-li vs. Marudashi

Judge 1:
    Both entries have very nice appealing colors. Seung's has that classic-classy sig feel. The effects are well placed, but I feel like it could've been blended a little bit more. The girl stands out a lot , and the text is a little bland for such a colorful sig. The typography itself is good, but the colors could've been better. Overall, I'd say this is a pretty solid entry. About 4/5, for minor stuffs

Maru's sig is, like Seung's, very colorful and vibrant. I like the concept , but I think it could've been pulled off a tad better. As it is, it's about even with Seung's, but the one thing bothering me is the size and the text placement. The text is pretty far off and the sig itself is pretty wide. It does give off that asian feel though, and that's what this whole sig seems to be about. So I'd have to give it a 4/5 as well.

In the end I'll go with Seung's entry though, because the effects look a bit better placed and the text looks better.

Judge 2:
    My vote will go to sig number two. Reasons behind this being that i feel that it fits better with the stock. it also seems to blend a lot better to my eyes since it seems like the image belongs in there. The colors match and both the font and stock appeal to me more than the first sig. It just seems to make use of what the stock has more than the other one. It seems a bit more simplistic but it is a nice kind of simplistic. It is a tough decision and it may have come down to style preference but this is what i see. So in short Vote goes to sig #2.

Judge 3:
    Gah, this is such a tough one, I love them both ;_;. Seung's has that beautiful lighting and Maru's has that awesome simplistic feel, and both seem to follow the theme pretty well. This is gonna have to go down to the specifics...

With Seung's, I'm automatically drawn to the person, which is good. There's some great effects that really accent the focal point. Unfortunately, after looking at all this greatness, I look to the left and just see a few C4Ds blended into the background. I would have loved to see the effects you used on the right continued on the left, but just toned down and blended in a bit more. The font on the text is awesome, but the words seem to be a bit squished.

With Maru's, I'm also immediately drawn to the main focus. The mosaic tile effect around your focus really helps bring it out too. I feel like it's almost too simple though. As much as I love that effect, I feel like maybe a little more could be done. The text is amazing though.

Aw man, do I have to pick one? D: Well, I guess I'm going to go with Marudashi. As much as I love Seung's, Maru does a good job of making sure that all of the sig has something to improve the quality.

And with that, our winner is @MaruDashi ! Congrats! I'll get Garzhvog to make you a badge, and you can PM Kaitou Ace about your gashapon prize :3

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Default Re: Battle of the Month November Phase 3 Results

Holy crap. I thought for sure I was going to lose when I saw Seung's new entry. Great battle, you were really tough competition!!

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month November Phase 3 Results

Yay!! Maru won I'm real happy for you and congratulations. Hehe it was so fun and just an honor of doing botm with her. ^_^

I must add, simplicity is always most beautiful anyways. Good good judges, very fair and very reasonable.
    Last edited by Meenah; 12-17-2011 at 12:48 PM.

4. Thanks Zenister, blueangel06661 thanked for this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information