AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gaaras gourd symbol [Naruto]

Junior Member XenoMachina is on a distinguished road XenoMachina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2014 05:46 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Gaaras gourd symbol [Naruto]

im getting a tatoo soon.
    im ether getting the sand crest symbol, the sealing symbol on gaaras forehead or possibly now the symbol on the gourd.

but i dont really know to much about the symbol or what it really means or is meant for

so i figured id post a thread so i can figure out what it means. because i really want this one more then ether of the ones i posted but i dont want to get it unless i can understand what it means.[gaara is my favorite, and relate in a lot of ways]

2. Likes Cherry Boom liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 07:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Gaaras gourd symbol [Naruto]

@XenoMachina Are you absolutely sure that you will like that symbol on your body even when you are 45, or 67 years old? (Just judging from what you just wrote it doesn't seem to me that you have thought this threw yet. Instead of rushing to get a tatoo just because you like a certain character - really sit down and think this threw. It's hard to regret a tatoo, so just be absolutely sure before you do anything. I write this because I have a friend of mine that now regrets her tatoo's.).

Where do you plan to place it btw? :-)

Attachment 60100 The kanji symbol that Gaara has on his forehead means love.
    He putted it on his head to

remember that he didn't need love, since he lost the only person he thought loved him.
    So I don't think you can actually say it's a "sealing" symbol. It's just a symbol that he put on his head by free will to remember. Kind off.

And when you say gourd symbol do you mean this?

Attachment 60099

I couldn't find anything about the meaning on the internet. But I suppose that it doesn't mean anything special, it's just a sealing symbol - just like the one that Naruto has on his stomach (lol, I sure hope I spelled that last word right). It's just a symbol that is there to "do its job" - to keep what needs to be controlled controlled (in this case Gaara's sand). The only things I know are the meaning of his name and that symbol on his head, but I have never heard about that the gourd symbol actually means something. And I couldn't find anything now either after trying to find something about it on the internet, people are just thinking it's another sealing symbol (without any special meaning). But if someone knows more about it then Im sure they will let you know.
    Last edited by SuXrys; 04-03-2012 at 03:26 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

4. Thanks Cherry Boom thanked for this post
    Likes Cherry Boom liked this post
    Senior Member Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom has a reputation beyond repute Cherry Boom's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Gifts Ariel EVE Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2014 11:21 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Gaaras gourd symbol [Naruto]

i was just browsing by when i saw this thread and i just wanted to thank you because i didn't know the meaning of Gaara's symbol but now i do thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information