AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Manga?

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Manga?

So, I've been unable to watch anime lately, and have kind of felt like reading some manga. I don't normally do this, because I love animation and voice acting, but eh... why not. I don't really know whats out there as much as I do with anime.
    I'm pretty much fine with any genre. I guess if I had to choose something I like sad stories or anything with a complex plot but anything goes really. The only thing is that I'd prefer things that haven't been been made into anime, because to be honest I'd rather just watch it ._.
    So, any ideas?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: Manga?

I'd recommend Spiral if you don't mind some rather bazaar twists.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Some good ones that I recommend are
    -Tower of God: Really awesome with nice plot twists. Also in colour and freely available by the author. It's a manhwa though so read left to right.
    -Psyren: A post-apocalyptic story. I really liked the twist the author gave to the story to make it more complex.
    -Aphorism: Students have to survive each day against 'blights'. Relatively new but it's turning out to be pretty good. I like the spell system also.
    -Mx0: A magic school manga. I love the protagonist in this one!
    -Pretty Face: Same author as Mx0. A guy wakes up after a bus accident with his face reconstructed to look like his crush by a mad doctor. Really funny and cute romance.
    -A Fairytale for the Demon Lord: Good sad story, you really feel the despair felt by the main character. Nice twist also. This is a manhwa.
    -Koukou Debut: A girl is coached by a guy on how to be more attractive, on the condition that she doesn't fall in love with him. Cute romance.
    -Vagabond: Fictional story about Miyamoto Musashi. Really good
    Senjougahara Fascination

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

@Screwby Reading Psyren now, and if the twist I think you're referring to is correct then I don't think it makes it any more complex. Then I only just finished volume 8 last night. Oh, and no spoilers past that volume or I'll hunt you down.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    @Screwby Reading Psyren now, and if the twist I think you're referring to is correct then I don't think it makes it any more complex. Then I only just finished volume 8 last night. Oh, and no spoilers past that volume or I'll hunt you down.
    Hmmm I agree my use of the word complex was not the best. I'm think it would be better to say it adds a bit of depth. I forgot what happens on Volume 8 so I'm going to avoid talking too much about the story but I think the setting just makes it a bit different from other post-apocalyptic stories.
    Senjougahara Fascination

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information