AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 85

Thread: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

  1. #51
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    4,864.78
    Gender
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 12:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    34
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Some people still think it means happy, while others [majority] do not.
    Some people still think the rebel flag means slavers, while others [majority] do not [ southern pride]
    if a definition is ever "iffy" the simple way to find out is to go with the majority.
    at least thats what i think.
    if 98% of people think the confederate flag is racist, then it racist.

    Same thing can be applied to symbols. Why? Because symbols are just a language using pictures/shapes. Like hieroglyphs for example. Language meanings ALWAYS change.. So can signs and symbols..
    i agree that symbols DO change.
    however once they change, the old meaning is dropped, and a new meaning is then put in place.
    so it's still only has one meaning.

    just like you said:"Just like Fag USED to mean happy.. NOW it means gay.."


    it still only has ONE meaning, it's simply changed.

    ---------- Post added at 12:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    No, they don't need to insult you to be correct, that's just how I roll
    and how very mature of you to roll that way...
    Last edited by Gauntlgrym; 12-13-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

  2. #52
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    17,239,003,485.70
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2014 08:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    227
    Posts
    6,749
    Blog Entries
    106
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12252
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    it still only has ONE meaning, it's simply changed.[COLOR="Silver"]

    There you go... The meaning of the rebel flag has simply changed... It doesn't mean slavery or racist.. Means southern pride. According to me and all of my redneck friends....



    [Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted


  3. #53
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    4,864.78
    Gender
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 12:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    34
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    There you go... The meaning of the rebel flag has simply changed... It doesn't mean slavery or racist.. Means southern pride. According to me and all of my redneck friends....

    that's cool. you can look at it however you want.
    although i think that the vast majority of america would disagree with you.
    from what i've seen, the people that think it means "southern pride" are few and far between.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

  4. #54
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    17,239,003,485.70
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2014 08:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    227
    Posts
    6,749
    Blog Entries
    106
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12252
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    that's cool. you can look at it however you want.
    although i think that the vast majority of america would disagree with you.
    from what i've seen, the people that think it means "southern pride" are few and far between.
    Then obviously you don't live anywhere near the south....... So your opinion on what we think and what goes for us is invalid.


    [Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted


  5. #55
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    4,864.78
    Gender
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 12:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    34
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Then obviously you don't live anywhere near the south....... So your opinion on what we think and what goes for us is invalid.
    I personally might not live in the south, but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of people look at it as racist.
    you even said "According to me and all of my redneck friends...."
    do you really think that we have more rednecks in american than non-rednecks??
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

  6. #56
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,472.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2014 03:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,028
    Rep Power
    2243
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    so if i drew a "variant" of a swastika, does that mean it's ok for me to wear then?? it's not racist at all??
    even though it's almost the exact same as the original??
    The original WHAT? That's my point. Do you even know how old that symbol is? The swastika is an ancient sun symbol. It has been used for centuries; its origins can be traced back to almost TWO MILLENIA AGO. It has been used across multiple cultures for various reasons. But then the Nazis took it and corrupted it. However, just because the Nazis used the swastika doesn't mean that centuries of symbolism is suddenly thrown out the window. Again, if someone said that the swastika is a racist symbol and nothing else, it means that they are the ones who are ignorant.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    i just wanted to add that i DO agree that symbols can change, and they CAN be interpreted different ways.
    i'm just saying that "change" implys that the old meaning has been dropped, and the interpretation of a few people doesn't matter.
    I know blueangel06661 must be tired of me bringing this up, but I'm going to have to do it again.

    What you said just hit a personal spot since its the same damn close-minded argument people use when they see a pentagram on my car or my door.

    What does this symbol mean?



    Is a Satanic symbol? A Pagan symbol? Both groups use it, so what does it mean? Pagans were using this symbol LONG before Satanists picked it up (hell, even Christians used it for a while), but since Satanists get the most attention, people generally associate the symbol with them. But what about us? Did our symbol change because of the actions of some other group COMPLETELY unrelated to us? No it did not (and I balk at the very notion). The original meaning didn't change just because Satanists are using it nor did it change because outsiders interpret the symbol differently.

    The same goes for the Confederate flag. As I explained to you, the variant was used during WWII to represent South Carolina (and then the South in general); there was no other meaning to flying the flag. THEN, a bunch of ignorant racists picked up the flag as their symbol to represent racist ideals held by the Confederacy (where they lived was irrelevant). The reason for flying the flag switched from showing Dixie pride to being a racist. However, just because a few bad people are using the flag to be racist (and are getting the most attention because of it) doesn't mean that the original meaning is suddenly dropped. Again, making a decision on a symbol without knowing its origin or history is simply ignorant.

    Plus, if we went by the majority opinion, the Confederate flag would be a Dixieland symbol hands down. If you've been to the South, that flag is everywhere and is generally flown by people who are doing rather innocuous things such as eating an entire cow, muddin', catching catfish with their hands, and drinking Jack straight from the bottle. Mention that the flag is racist and they'll probably look at you as if you've grown another head.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 12-13-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  7. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
  8. #57
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 01:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post

    and how very mature of you to roll that way...

  9. Thanks wolfgirl90 thanked for this post
  10. #58
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    727,512.42
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 03:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alternia
    Age
    22
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    3,007
    Blog Entries
    91
    AW Wallpapers
    3
    Rep Power
    4419

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    How I'd simply put it: have nothing nice to say or to show, don't do it at all. At least show some respect to all and be careful towards others.
    Even issues such as putting out the flag, handle with care. Some will ignore, some will be fine, some will not like it. It doesn't bother me entirely when I see the flag. I dunno, if you ask me I wouldn't have it in possession. o_o Wherever a person is from, be kind and respectful no matter what.

  11. #59
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    4,864.78
    Gender
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 12:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    34
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    The original WHAT? That's my point. Do you even know how old that symbol is? The swastika is an ancient sun symbol. It has been used for centuries; its origins can be traced back to almost TWO MILLENIA AGO. It has been used across multiple cultures for various reasons. But then the Nazis took it and corrupted it. However, just because the Nazis used the swastika doesn't mean that centuries of symbolism is suddenly thrown out the window. Again, if someone said that the swastika is a racist symbol and nothing else, it means that they are the ones who are ignorant.
    the meaning has changed. it doesn't matter what it meant two millenia ago, thats my point.
    what matters is how the majority of people see it today.

    lets take giving someone the finger for example.
    even if a 1000 years ago it meant something like "how ya doing buddy, nice to see ya."
    it doesn't matter, because it no longer means that.

    same goes for your symbol.

    ok look, simple question for ya.
    if everyone in america says "the middle finger means f-word you", then do you actually think that just because a few people don't agree, it suddenly has multiple meanings??

    The same goes for the Confederate flag. As I explained to you, the variant was used during WWII to represent South Carolina
    and as i explained to you, i don't believe that the fact that it's a "variant" matters much. especially to your typical black person.
    do you think that if i put on a variant KKK outfit ( let's just say that is has smiley faces all over it) makes it less offensive?? no. why? because it still a damn kkk outfit.

    Plus, if we went by the majority opinion, the Confederate flag would be a Dixieland symbol hands down.
    i REALLY doubt that. we will just have to agree to disagree.

    Last edited by Gauntlgrym; 12-13-2011 at 03:02 PM.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

  12. #60
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 01:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    the meaning has changed. it doesn't matter what it meant two millenia ago, thats my point.
    what matters is how the majority of people see it today.
    Except that we've already established that symbols can hold multiple meanings, and that how people interpret a symbol and what it is intended to mean are not always the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    lets take giving someone the finger for example.
    even if a 1000 years ago it meant something like "how ya doing buddy, nice to see ya."
    it doesn't matter, because it no longer means that.

    same goes for your symbol.

    ok look, simple question for ya.
    if everyone in america says "the middle finger means f-word you", then do you actually think that just because a few people don't agree, it suddenly has multiple meanings??
    Except that the finger originates in Ancient Greece, and has evolved from that. It was not stolen or corrupted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    and as i explained to you, i don't believe that the fact that it's a "variant" matters much. especially to your typical black person.
    do you think that if i put on a variant KKK outfit ( let's just say that is has smiley faces all over it) makes it less offensive?? no. why? because it still a damn kkk outfit.
    You mean the outfit they stole from Spanish Priests?

  13. #61
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,472.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2014 03:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,028
    Rep Power
    2243
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    the meaning has changed. it doesn't matter what it meant two millenia ago, thats my point.
    what matters is how the majority of people see it today.

    same goes for your symbol.
    Wow. Really? So the outside "majority" gets to decide what a symbol means to a group, even if that group was one who originally used the symbol in the first place? That sounds profoundly ignorant. The day that the majority gets to decide what religious symbols must mean to OTHER PEOPLE is probably the day I shoot myself in the foot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    if everyone in america says "the middle finger means f-word you", then do you actually think that just because a few people don't agree, it suddenly has multiple meanings??
    Simple question back to you: if a culture adopts a symbol or gesture, does the old meaning just suddenly disappear?

    In America, the gesture has one meaning. However, the gesture doesn't carry the same weight in other places. That's what it means to us, but not to everybody (in some cultures its more common to point with the middle finger than the index finger).

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    and as i explained to you, i don't believe that the fact that it's a "variant" matters much. especially to your typical black person. do you think that if i put on a variant KKK outfit ( let's just say that is has smiley faces all over it) makes it less offensive?? no. why? because it still a damn kkk outfit
    Let's reverse it again: if you had made a white robe with smiley faces on it to symbolize happiness but the KKK stole it from you and changed it to represent racism, does your meaning of the white robe change because of them, even if other people only focus on the KKK?

    I say this because this isn't too far from what actually happened. The KKK stole that outfit from Spanish Nazarenes (right down to the pointy white hat). That outfit existed LOOOONG before the appearance of the KKK. Knowledge of the history behind outfit should prevail over an ignorant group who stole it from other people.

    Again, the KKK shouldn't dictate what that outfit means anymore than outsiders should. Knowledge is power and wallowing around in ignorance is something that shouldn't be done in an age where information is at our fingertips.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    i REALLY doubt that. we will just have to agree to disagree.
    Take a trip down to my hometown of Richmond. Or go ANYWHERE in Alabama or Georgia. Just sayin'.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  14. #62
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 01:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Take a trip down to my hometown of Richmond. Or go ANYWHERE in Alabama or Georgia.
    I never really understood why Virginia was considered a southern state. It lies in the middle of the country. I get that it shares an agricultural something or other with the other southern states, but it bugs me that it's a southern state and that it lies in the middle. If Virginia is south, and south of it is deep south, why are other deep south states just called the south west?

  15. #63
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,472.57
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2014 03:36 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,028
    Rep Power
    2243
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    I never really understood why Virginia was considered a southern state. It lies in the middle of the country. I get that it shares an agricultural something or other with the other southern states, but it bugs me that it's a southern state and that it lies in the middle. If Virginia is south, and south of it is deep south, why are other deep south states just called the south west?
    Let's pull out a map, shall we?



    As you can see, Virginia is part of "the South". "The South" is cut off at Maryland (the "Mason-Dixon Line"). The "Deep South" consists of the southernmost Southern states: Louisiana, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas (although the last two are generally not counted).

    I mentioned Richmond, Va not because of the fact that its in the South, but because it is the former capital of the Confederacy. There are Confederate flags flying everywhere here for multiple reasons (only a very, very, very small number of people here fly the flag to represent racism).
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 12-13-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  16. #64
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 01:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    I was more questioning why it's part of the south, when it is quite clearly residing in the middle of the country upon the east coast.

  17. #65
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    3,334.46
    Gender
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2013 09:56 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Age
    27
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    4,791
    AL Lyrics
    1033
    Rep Power
    12260

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    I never really understood why Virginia was considered a southern state. It lies in the middle of the country. I get that it shares an agricultural something or other with the other southern states, but it bugs me that it's a southern state and that it lies in the middle. If Virginia is south, and south of it is deep south, why are other deep south states just called the south west?
    Virginia is definitely a Southern state, as in it was part of the Confederate or closely associated with the Confederate. The term "Southern" here refers more to the former Confederate states than those that are geographically in the southern half of the US; (e.g. Arizona is definitely in the southern half of the US, but it's never considered a "Southern" state.)

    I don't like the US Census classification of regions, either. Maryland is classified as a "Southern" state, but except the fact that we used to be a slave state, we share a lot more ideological values with the Northern states. We haven't voted Republican in 20 years.

  18. #66
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    822,418.10
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 01:08 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Age
    26
    Threads
    56
    Posts
    4,425
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1386
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    I was more questioning why it's part of the south, when it is quite clearly residing in the middle of the country upon the east coast.
    Well it's part of the South, because that's the side it fought on in the Civil War, and that fact that it's south of the Mason-Dixon line.

    As for the "Deep" South. Louisiana to South Carolina. Tennessee and North Carolina are cool enough to be in the club, just not members. Kentucky, West Virginia, and Virginia are close to being like Tennessee and North Carolina, but some of us like them better. Florida, Arkansas, Texas, and Oklahoma....Yea screw them.



    KEY NOTE!!!
    This is only a joke, I'm not serious about it. I'm not trying to start a convo on what's truly Southern, Deep Southern, Dirty Southern, Deep Fried Southern, or anything else. If you're from one of the states, and you're upset....BooWoo, cry me a river, and get on with your life, and keep in mind. It's only in jest.
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 12-13-2011 at 05:20 PM.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.


  19. #67
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 01:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Well it's part of the South, because that's the side it fought on in the Civil War, and that fact that it's south of the Mason-Dixon line.
    This answers my question.

  20. #68
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    17,239,003,485.70
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2014 08:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    227
    Posts
    6,749
    Blog Entries
    106
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12252
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    I'm deep south and proud of it..

    Grew up huntin', 4-wheelin', fishin' the whole nine yards... ^___^ Ain't gunn lie!!!!

    But now I'm just an anime nerd on a computer :| boy have things changed.


    [Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted


  21. #69
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    4,864.78
    Gender
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 12:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    34
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Wow. Really? So the outside "majority" gets to decide what a symbol means to a group, even if that group was one who originally used the symbol in the first place? That sounds profoundly ignorant. The day that the majority gets to decide what religious symbols must mean to OTHER PEOPLE is probably the day I shoot myself in the foot.
    i think i just figured out the problem here.
    you (and some others) are looking at stuff from a "theory" standpoint.
    i'm looking at how it works in the real world.
    i 100% understand what you are saying. however it doesn't work that way IRL.

    for example: if i make a rainbow colored kkk robe with smiley faces on it, and say it stands for happiness, then black people shouldn't get mad at me for wearing it (IN THEORY).
    however, take that robe to the ghetto, and see how many black people over there care about your "theory".

    ever heard the term "history is written by the winners"?
    well, the majority of the population decides what symbols mean.


    Simple question back to you: if a culture adopts a symbol or gesture, does the old meaning just suddenly disappear?
    pretty much......

    In America, the gesture has one meaning. However, the gesture doesn't carry the same weight in other places. That's what it means to us, but not to everybody (in some cultures its more common to point with the middle finger than the index finger).
    as i stated earlier, we are talking about america atm. i do understand that from nation to nation meanings change. i've been talking about how america as a nation looks at stuff.

    Let's reverse it again: if you had made a white robe with smiley faces on it to symbolize happiness but the KKK stole it from you and changed it to represent racism, does your meaning of the white robe change because of them, even if other people only focus on the KKK?
    if myself and a few others are the ONLY ones that think the robe symbolizes happiness.......then yes, what we think is obsolete.
    what a few oddballs think matters little to the general population.

    I say this because this isn't too far from what actually happened. The KKK stole that outfit from Spanish Nazarenes (right down to the pointy white hat). That outfit existed LOOOONG before the appearance of the KKK. Knowledge of the history behind outfit should prevail over an ignorant group who stole it from other people.
    when the ignorant group is the mass majority of america, then it does prevail. thats the way it works IRL.
    if 330 million people believe one thing, and only 10 million people believe another.......the 330 end up being right.
    that's how the world works, to think otherwise is what's truly ignorant.

    Again, the KKK shouldn't dictate what that outfit means anymore than outsiders should. Knowledge is power and wallowing around in ignorance is something that shouldn't be done in an age where information is at our fingertips.
    i agree with you, really i do.......but what you are saying is idealistic. it works with logic, and in theory.........but its not the way the world works.
    it's kinda how (in theory) communism would work great. apply it to the real world, and suddenly things fall apart.

    @Aeschylus
    "Except that we've already established that symbols can hold multiple meanings, and that how people interpret a symbol and what it is intended to mean are not always the same.

    true, very true.
    however what a small group of people "think" a symbol means doesn't matter. the general public decides in the real world.
    that's the point i'm tryying to make!
    Last edited by Gauntlgrym; 12-13-2011 at 07:27 PM.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

  22. #70
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    822,418.10
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 01:08 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Age
    26
    Threads
    56
    Posts
    4,425
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1386
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Obviously you don't see "how it works in the real world".

    http://hebrewtattoo.net/wp-content/g...-black-kkk.jpg

    And yes, black people do get a big laugh out of ^.

    Also I know several people who've joined the Klan, because they could, and they are black. (and one is gay).
    Hell about 5-10 years ago, there was a chapter in Mississippi that lost their chapter, due to the fact that there wasn't 1 single white, protestant, male. But there was plenty of Blacks, Gays, Catholics, Jews, Asians, a Hispanic or two. Pretty much everything the KKK hates, all in one chapter.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.


  23. #71
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    4,864.78
    Gender
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-28-2012 12:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    34
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Obviously you don't see "how it works in the real world".

    http://hebrewtattoo.net/wp-content/g...-black-kkk.jpg

    And yes, black people do get a big laugh out of ^.

    Also I know several people who've joined the Klan, because they could, and they are black. (and one is gay).
    Hell about 5-10 years ago, there was a chapter in Mississippi that lost their chapter, due to the fact that there wasn't 1 single white, protestant, male. But there was plenty of Blacks, Gays, Catholics, Jews, Asians, a Hispanic or two. Pretty much everything the KKK hates, all in one chapter.
    as i have said multiple times already....
    just because a "few" people think one way, doesn't mean it's accepted by the general population.

    this picture shows 4 people, and you say you know "several".......is this supposed to convince me that the rest of america sees it the way 4+several people do???
    a few oddballs matter little in the grand scheme of things.
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

  24. #72
    Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    822,418.10
    Gender
    Gifts Cookie Paperclip Hattori Hanzo Steel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-17-2014 01:08 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Just down from the House of Crosses in Alabama.
    Age
    26
    Threads
    56
    Posts
    4,425
    Blog Entries
    42
    Rep Power
    1386
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    True, I show only a few. But I also live in a place were a Black person saying the "N-word" will get his face beaten inwards just for saying it. -Has personally seen this in a Waffle House.- And the same old folks that are kicking these young boys butts all over the place for saying the "N-word" don't care about a damn flag.

    Now granted, there's some that do, but they're the few and far between. Especially in the state of Alabama. (Montgomery is so much a better capital of the C.S.A. than Richmond.)

    So why don't you do the research like subject of the thread did, and I mean more than just digging up a few things on Wikipedia to make your point. Also keep in mind, that he's a Southern boy in the South. I'm not sure where you're from, but from what I've seen the only folks having an issue here aren't Southern.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.


  25. #73
    The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    17,239,003,485.70
    Gender
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    370 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2014 08:11 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    22
    Threads
    227
    Posts
    6,749
    Blog Entries
    106
    AW Wallpapers
    32
    Rep Power
    12252
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    @Gauntlgrym How do you know that you're not one of the few that thinks that way... Idk.. Stop telling [us] the south... what we think... Because [you] non southian... have no idea and are just sprouting nonsense like it involves you when it doesn't now run along now.. The only people who has a say in what the flag means is the one that wields it. They can say whatever it means to them...... If they are racist, let them be racist mofos.. if they are redneck pride let them be redneck.. Redneck =/= racist btw. Most of it is sterotypes. I know PLENTY of african american rednecks who sport the rebel flag because it's just part of the package.

    The MAIN reason people say that the flag means something different then what the people who FLY the flag say it means, is because they are stereotypical twits with their panties in a wad. Not all rednecks are ignorant and to them the flag is not a symbol that they hate blacks and that they support slavery. It is THE flag of the south and they are proud of it. THE END.

    May be the only time I defend my south nation...
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 12-13-2011 at 08:36 PM.


    [Click on the image above to visit an Etsy art shop run in part by myself and fellow art mod Serated]

    今日...明日...永遠に...

    Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr
    >>>View AF's First Banner Contest RESULTS<<<
    Thanks to those who participated & voted


  26. Thanks DeathBlade/13.666 thanked for this post
    Likes DeathBlade/13.666 liked this post
  27. #74
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 01:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    @Aeschylus
    "Except that we've already established that symbols can hold multiple meanings, and that how people interpret a symbol and what it is intended to mean are not always the same.

    true, very true.
    however what a small group of people "think" a symbol means doesn't matter. the general public decides in the real world.
    that's the point i'm tryying to make!
    Except that three people thinking a a figure eight is a symbol for anal sex is not what we're talking about. This is absolutely not a tiny sect of people, get that through your thick skull. Your point is invalidated as soon as one considers the amount of people who see the Confederate flag as a symbol for southern pride, obviously not a small sect based upon how the situation has been handled. Jesus Christ, this concept is not difficult.

    And stop that "general populace" bullhockey. The "general populace" is a subjective term that you're using to diminish a unknown amount of people. You have absolutley no idea how many people see the Confederate Flag as a symbol for southern pride, other than there are less of them than those who have a different interpretation for it, and that's only as far as you've seen.

  28. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
  29. #75
    Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    56,861.98
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-24-2014 08:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    25
    Threads
    98
    Posts
    3,797
    Blog Entries
    34
    Rep Power
    2667

    Default Re: Black Student Hangs Confederate Flag in Room

    @Gauntlgrym ; You just want to say Southerners are stupid and racist, because that's how you've been educated throughout your life and it makes you feel better about yourself. Does it really bother you that much that Southerners don't want to live by your ridiculous political correctness protocols?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. April is Confederate History Month...Apparently
    By wolfgirl90 in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 04:47 PM
  2. Anti Flag
    By Twin X in forum Bands
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
  3. The gay flag
    By ichigosama72 in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 10-15-2007, 05:10 PM
  4. Flag Burning
    By Middy in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 11:21 PM
  5. Flag Burning
    By Middy in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2006, 12:15 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts