AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

Default Re: My Little Pony Friendship is Magic

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Technically Power Puff girls Z is an anime and so is the Supernatural: The Animation, by virtue of being made in Japan. The original Power Puff Girls was made in America along with Megas XLR. Btw I'm pretty sure most of the Disney stuff was made in America. Now the others you've listed are anime yes, but originally based on American things. Thus when talking about the animation it's Japanese Anime, but talking about the franchise in general it's American.
    Not that it matters, because none of the animation for MLP is done in Japan at all.

However, there are a few series that sends its animation to places like Japan for its animation. Mostly they spread out the animation to several different studios to get the animation done faster. Just like with MLP:FIM. Canada works on one episode while two other studios in the Philippines two make two more episodes.

I think Avatar:TLA was half animated in Japan. Still doesnt make it Japanese. Its just the animation department outsourcing some of its work to speed up the process.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Not that it matters, because none of the animation for MLP is done in Japan at all.

However, there are a few series that sends its animation to places like Japan for its animation. Mostly they spread out the animation to several different studios to get the animation done faster. Just like with MLP:FIM. Canada works on one episode while two other studios in the Philippines two make two more episodes.

I think Avatar:TLA was half animated in Japan. Still doesnt make it Japanese. Its just the animation department outsourcing some of its work to speed up the process.
    lol Honestly I just do a little research to find the main producers, writers, and distributors in cases like that. Most of the time though if I wiki the show in question it'll tell me "American Animation/Cartoon" or have a country of origin listed in it. But there are cases of multiple countries creating shows, and I just try to use sound judgement when Japan in included in that.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

I'd say the hardest show to decide if anime or not would be Oban Star racers.

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    Well it falls into the multinational category with one of the nations being Japan. "Ōban Star-Racers (オーバン・スターレーサーズ, Ōban Sutā Rēsāzu?) is a French/Japanese anime created by Savin Yeatman-Eiffel of Sav! The World Productions. Originally produced as a short movie titled Molly Star Racer, a television series was developed in cooperation with Jetix Europe, with animation production by HAL Film Maker and Pumpkin 3D. It aired in more than 100 countries including Japan. In the US the series aired on ABC Family and Jetix/Toon Disney between June and December 2006" via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Cban_Star-Racers

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
    True. How many people realized when they watched it and heard the Professor from Zoid's voice knew it was made in France?

Here's a simple way to solve this argument. Go up to a person who speaks Japanese. Show them "My Little Pony" and ask them what this is and have them answer in their native language. What word would they use?
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    True. How many people realized when they watched it and heard the Professor from Zoid's voice knew it was made in France?

Here's a simple way to solve this argument. Go up to a person who speaks Japanese. Show them "My Little Pony" and ask them what this is and have them answer in their native language. What word would they use?
    Why does that matter?

Is my little pony on my anime list? I couldn't find it nor does anything reputable list it as anime.
    Last edited by Anime Forum; 06-17-2013 at 05:09 PM.
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    Why does that matter?.

You're right. Anything that immediately disproves your argument by existing doesn't count. I apologize. What was I thinking?

You do know that site doesn't contain all anime ever made, right?
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-17-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Probably "Pony"

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    Probably "Pony"
    Actually here's the translation

Japanese word for pony:

"kouma, kouma"

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Actually here's the translation
    You know its popular for the Japanese to say things in English, right? In fact, many English words have replaced traditional Japanese words. So I stand by them saying "Pony" since Im sure its still known as My Little Pony there

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I know. In Japan English is a requirement... I guess after you blow up someone's country with a nuke they feel the need to communicate. American schools suck...

Last edited by Clayton_n; 06-17-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I know. In Japan English is a requirement... I guess after you blow up someone's country with a nuke they feel the need to communicate. American schools suck...

Kinda off topic, but English is required in many schools in Europe, Asia, and other continents.

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're right. Anything that immediately disproves your argument by existing doesn't count. I apologize. What was I thinking?

You do know that site doesn't contain all anime ever made, right?
    It all boils down to you being wrong. You aren't reputable, but the multiple websites that don't list MLP as anime are way more reputable. Sorry, but MLP is NOT anime, but still a great show.

BTW, your point is weak. How popular is MLP? It has haters, but MLP would be listed on MAL if it was anime. No doubt.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Behold, the MLP Wikia, created by *fans*

Meaning- this is a collective fan group who have contributed to this. IE, the bulk of the fanbase agrees this is fact.

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic is an animated series based on Hasbro's popular My Little Pony franchise. The show premiered on October 10, 2010 on Hasbro's The Hub channel, and has continued on to its third season. This incarnation of the franchise is referred to as the fourth generation, or G4, of My Little Pony. The show was developed for television by Lauren Faust, who is known for her work on two of Cartoon Network's popular and critically-acclaimed franchises, The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
    Note how it isnt a "popular anime" no, its an animated series.

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_...dship_is_Magic

NOW TO THE BIG TOPIC-

Has anyone seen Equestria Girls?

-----Post Added 06-19-2013 07:06 PM -----

Bumping

+
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

So seems mothers are getting all up and arms again over nothing. Its Derpy all over again
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 07-13-2013 at 11:26 AM.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Junior Member kirito272 is on a distinguished road kirito272's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-22-2013 01:21 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

mine is applejack and Twilight Sparkle
    applejack because of her voice
    Twilight Sparkle because she just awesome

Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Why is Twilight Sparkle so popular? I wasn't a fan of her TBH.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Anime Forum View Post
    Why is Twilight Sparkle so popular? I wasn't a fan of her TBH.
    Because it reminds everyone of Edward from Twilight. :B

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Really? She reminds me more of Light from Deathnote. Which would make her Light, Fluttershy Misa Amane (supermodel with a death glare), Celestia would be L (Cel)... hmm this works.

-----Post Added 06-26-2013 04:05 PM -----

The movie is out

Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 07-13-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Saw the movie. Kinda liked it all in all. Not as bad as people were worried it was going to be.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Just like the show, huh?

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Senior Member Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cake Lie Soul Eater Logo Little Big Planet Sackboy Kratos
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2013 11:42 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Oh...my...god.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I watched the movie. I thought the animation was really bad. There were many errors and over-all it was a poorly done animated film. I don't know why it was so poorly done despite the fact it was a theatrical released movie... You'd then think they'd make up for it with the plot. NOPE.jpg. Generic plot, if you watched the trailer you basically have the whole movie down.

As for the comic. I've seen bits and pieces of pages floating around I haven't actually read all of them though. I owned a version but I gave it away to a friend before opening it.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Senior Member Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune has a reputation beyond repute Tenrou Nogitsune's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Cake Lie Soul Eater Logo Little Big Planet Sackboy Kratos
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-23-2013 11:42 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Crash View Post
    I watched the movie. I thought the animation was really bad. There were many errors and over-all it was a poorly done animated film. I don't know why it was so poorly done despite the fact it was a theatrical released movie... You'd then think they'd make up for it with the plot. NOPE.jpg. Generic plot, if you watched the trailer you basically have the whole movie down.

As for the comic. I've seen bits and pieces of pages floating around I haven't actually read all of them though. I owned a version but I gave it away to a friend before opening it.
    Welp, if you say so, then I guess it is a bad movie. No need for me to see it.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Closed Thread

Thread Information