AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rippu Shinku – Hanasaku Iroha Insert Song

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Joho Togo Shinentai is on a distinguished road Joho Togo Shinentai's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-06-2011 11:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Rippu Shinku – Hanasaku Iroha Insert Song

Seems like I forgot to submit the kanji lyrics.

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/hanairo/lipsync.htm

じゃあね ぼくは向こう側へ
    じゃあね きみと向こう側へ
    手を繋いだら怖いものがなくなるわけじゃないけど
    行こう

胸を塞ぐカタチのない影を少しずつ
    きみのカタチへ近付けてく

あんな風に笑えたらな
    泣きやむたびに架かる橋は
    七色では表せないからさ いつもそうぼくは目が眩むけれど

じゃあね ぼくは向こう側へ 何千色の橋を越えて
    手を繋いだら怖いものがなくなるわけじゃないけど
    愛のコトバは喉の奥でまだ息を潜めてる
    小さく開けた口のカタチで伝わるかな
    伝わるといいな

たまに押し寄せる小波に足が濡れないように
    橋の上から手を引いてよ

ほんの少し変わりたいな
    だれかのためにならなくても
    ぼくがぼくを見失わないくらい
    ぼくだけにわかるくらいでいいから

じゃあね ぼくは向こう側へ 何千色の橋を越えて
    その先には今とおなじものしかないとしたって

これまでの日々が間違いじゃないと思えるから
    うまく言えないのなら歌ってしまおうよ

じゃあね ぼくは向こう側へ
    じゃあね きみと向こう側へ
    手を繋いだら怖いものがヒトツになる気がしたんだ
    愛のコトバは喉の奥でまだ息を潜めてる
    小さく開けた口のカタチで伝わるかな
    伝わるといいな

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default Re: Rippu Shinku – Hanasaku Iroha Insert Song

Sorry but due to your transliteration style of including macrons, we could not put up the kanji for this song once it has a translation (goes with all lyrics that have special characters in the transliteration).

...so that you know where you can find me

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I see what the problem is. The romaji lyrics and English translations are stored in UTF-8, but the kanji lyrics are stored in Shift_JIS.
    Then, is there any way to resubmit the lyrics? (romaji & kanji lyrics at the same time)
    Sorry for the extra work.

BTW, is there any reason that animelyrics.com cannot always use UTF-8 when storing lyrics? UTF-8 one of the widely-used Unicode encodings, and using that would solve special character problems.
    Shift_JIS has the infamous 5C (backslash) problem as well. (results in either an extra backslash after certain characters or loss of data)

I keep my original posts just in case.

Second original post:
    Seems like it is displayed as "jaa ne boku wa mukナ紅awa e" when editing. This is just the result of encoding mismatch.
    The lyrics are actually stored in UTF-8 but the encoding set by the browser is Shift_JIS.
    Change the web browser encoding from Shift_JIS to UTF-8 (this would display mukナ紅awa as mukōgawa, which is correct), and submit kanji lyrics. The lyrics are stored in UTF-8 anyway and this would do no harm.

Firefox: View → Character Encoding (→ More Encodings → Unicode) → choose Unicode (UTF-8)
    Chrome: Spanner Icon → Tools → Encoding → choose Unicode (UTF-8)

I hope this would work.

First original post:
    Then, when adding the kanji lyrics, replace ō to & #333; (there should be no space between & and #) and ū to & #363; (this can be done automatically by text editors and word processors) first, copy & paste kanji lyrics, and save everything. I'm pretty sure that would work.
    It seems like that is the way those characters are internally stored when the current encoding is not Unicode-based.
    (When you click [Submit an English translation for this song] for any lyrics, that's how those characters are displayed.)

Sorry for the extra work, but the major reasons I use macrons are not only that is the official way but also to
    1) distinguish long o from separate o-u (ex: ō (king) vs. ou (to chase)), and
    2) increase legibility (ex: yūutsu vs. yuuutsu / ōō vs. ooou (覆おう))
    even though I don't use them in song titles.
    Last edited by Joho Togo Shinentai; 12-06-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

We know the html codes, but it's slightly more complicated than that. Sometimes special characters won't be displayed properly even with the right codes... Anyway, I deleted the current the song and put up a brand-new one.

As for the UTF-8 question, I'm sure @Kaitou Ace has his reasons.
    Last edited by animeyay; 12-06-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Well actually I am afraid I don't. Not really anyway. When I was coding AL, php was giving me all sorts of trouble with the character encodings, most of which would just destroy whatever was being submitted. When after a couple of days of arguing with it, I finally got it working, this was the arrangement it agreed to destroy the least amount of content under.

It is something I keep meaning to go back to, and try to make neater, but its also liable to explode a few times, and I am wary of messing with something that is working for the most part ^_^;

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

It seems like animelyrics.com is a mixture of UTF-8 and Shift_JIS.

1. Most animelyrics.com pages are in UTF-8, but the search function is in Shift_JIS.
    2. Shift_JIS is used when submitting new lyrics.
    3. After submitting, romaji lyrics and English translations are converted into UTF-8, but kanji lyrics are stored in Shift_JIS.
    4. When submitting kanji lyrics after romaji lyrics and English translations are submitted, the submitting page is in Shift_JIS, resulting in mojibake on romaji lyrics and English translations which are stored in UTF-8.

Using Shift_JIS is problematic because:
    1. it supports insufficient amount of characters.
    1) Some names have diacritics (ex: Kδmpfer) which are not present in Shift_JIS – the search function is in Shift_JIS and makes Kδmpfer unsearchable.
    2) Even kanji lyrics sometimes require characters that are not supported by Shift_JIS. One of the K-ON songs has a "maru-hi" character in its lyrics which is not present in Shift_JIS but present in Unicode (㊙ U+3299).
    2. it has the infamous 5C (backslash) problem. (see Shift_JIS#2バイト目が5C等になりうることによる問題 (in Japanese))
    When a character contains the byte 5C, the 5C byte either disappears (構わない → 高墲ネい) or generates an extra backslash after it (構わない → 構\わない).
    animelyrics.com uses the latter convention, and this is why some of the kanji lyrics have backslashes after some characters.

If possible, it is better to unify the character encoding into UTF-8. Using two or more encodings would only be problematic and result in mojibake.
    (I think converting Shift_JIS into Unicode can be done using this text document: Shift_JIS to Unicode table)

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

So yea...technical difficulty-ish lol. For now, we'll just have to bear with the current system.

Also, Joho Togo Shinentai, Hinamawari-san submitted a translation to this song before you did, just to let you know, in case you were confused about what happened there. ^^;

Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2015 09:14 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    Also, Joho Togo Shinentai, Hinamawari-san submitted a translation to this song before you did, just to let you know, in case you were confused about what happened there. ^^;
    Oops, I didn't realize that Joho Togo Shinentai was going to put up a translation for the song. I don't mind having my translation taken down

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Hinamawari View Post
    Oops, I didn't realize that Joho Togo Shinentai was going to put up a translation for the song. I don't mind having my translation taken down
    Let me explain about that attempt.
    I made that attempt right after I learned that kanji lyrics cannot be added.
    (I personally think kanji lyrics are more important than romaji lyrics.)

To add kanji lyrics myself, I found out the modification link of Rippu Shinku.
    (I clicked [Submit an English translation for this song] from another lyrics, changed the number after the id= (from the URL), and I entered the edit mode for Rippu Shinku.)
    After that, I copied & pasted romaji, English, & kanji so that Rippu Shinku have all three of them because kanji could not be added separately at that time.

So, that English translation is from Hinamawari and s/he gets credit for that, as it is now.
    (I generally don't submit translations because it is much harder than transliteration.)
    I was just attempting to add kanji and had no intention of plagiarizing.

Since animeyay deleted the old one and posted a new one with all three of them, please disregard that attempt of mine. (It seems animeyay already did so.)
    It is fine as it is now.
    Last edited by Joho Togo Shinentai; 12-06-2011 at 11:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information