AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 51 to 58 of 58

Thread: So

  1. #51
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    1,963.92
    Gender
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Age
    26
    Threads
    65
    Posts
    4,755
    Rep Power
    2447
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: GameGeeks

    Default Re: So

    Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post

    Nops! Sorry, but I have to deny your request.
    Besides, I don't even live in Switzerland if that was what you were thinking.
    Well, WHAT GOOD ARE YOU THEN!?! Anyone in Switzerland that has a spare room?

  2. #52
    google.translate for the win! SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    72,031.95
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream 025 - Pikachu Dart
    Mentioned
    1318 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-23-2014 02:37 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Age
    25
    Threads
    91
    Posts
    6,495
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    3007

    Default Re: So

    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    Well, WHAT GOOD ARE YOU THEN!?!
    Well... we have bay

    and





    and a pirate party



    also ~
    http://aph.starry-sky.com/ea.html? [almost the last comic]
    http://www.thelocal.se/6076/20070112/





    Conculsion:
    We swedes arn't vikings anymore... nowadays we are pirates! Aaaaaaaaarrg!




    [and everyone loves pirates, havn't you seen the hype around Pirates of the Caribbean?]
    Sol, vind och vatten är det bästa som jag vet
    men det är på dig jag tänker i hemlighet
    Sol, vind och vatten, höga berg och djupa hav
    Det, är mina drömmar vävda av

    Full song, click, and text and translation to the song above, click.
    One of my absolute favorite summer songs.



  3. Likes aerophobia liked this post
  4. #53
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,456.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,027
    Rep Power
    2242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: So

    @GameGeeks

    1. I honestly don't give a damn HOW the mindset developed or why. It still doesn't make any sense. If I want to tell you my interests, I can just tell you. If you want to know more about an album, show, or movie, you can look up clips, trailers, and samples. In this digital age, you can look up information almost anywhere with almost anything. Why we need to exchange ENTIRE movies and albums to get a point across still escapes me.

    I can tell you how much I like Code Geass without making all 50 episodes of it available to you.

    2. Again, if it involves making media digitally available FOR PURCHASE, I don't disagree with you. However, labels don't have to kowtow to a bunch of pirates.

    3. Which is great. However, most of the pirate argument seems to stem from a lot of "maybes". Maybe a show will be more famous. Maybe the artist will get more exposure and become rich. All the while media is being stolen. Until I see consistent results, my opinion isn't going to change.

    4. Ooookay. However, considering the fact that people will still receive royalties even after transferring their copyrights, that STILL means that people are stealing from them if they are distributing something without permission. Once again, it seems as if people are focusing on corporations, while ignoring not only the artists but the connection between the two.

     
    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    But I digress and that is probably another discussion entirely.
    Indeed. The engineer thing is a case of "work for hire". But that's a little different so moving on...


    Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    To me it's the community which is comprised of the opinion of the majority of the individuals.
    And I don't necessarily disagree with that. However, if we are going to change a "wrong" into a "right", there better be some very good justification for it, other than the fact that most people said it was so (again, in the end, it could just mean that a whole lot of people are making excuses for doing bad things). At the moment, I don't see any real justification behind stealing media.

    Quote Originally Posted by Meteorkeeper View Post
    Downloading anime kind of goes by a slightly different set of rules then most other media as long as the anime isn’t licensed in your country then they cant fine you for downloading it but once it is licensed then it would be wise to just buy it.
    Wrong. Wrong. A thousand times wrong. I already went over it so I'm not going over it again.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 12-05-2011 at 03:37 PM.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  5. Thanks Meteorkeeper thanked for this post
  6. #54
    Senior Member Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper has a reputation beyond repute Meteorkeeper's Avatar
    Gil
    817.72
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts American Flag Ribbon Coke Kill Bill Katana
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 11:12 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nashua NH
    Age
    28
    Threads
    15
    Posts
    1,370
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    1085
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Meteorkeeper

    Default Re: So

    Hmm you may be right about that I will look into this then.
    Sigh it seems you are right oh well you learn something new every day. (and unlearn something lol)

    Heres what I found:
    http://depts.washington.edu/uwcopy/C...Copyright_Law/

    http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ38a.pdf
    The proud owner of the FIRST EVER self-perpetual neko gyroscope!



  7. #55
    Morphine. Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira has a reputation beyond repute Kanjoudakai_Ira's Avatar
    Gil
    26,937.30
    Gender
    My Mood
    Busy
    Gifts Paint Palette Gun Camera Dslr
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-04-2012 09:22 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Age
    21
    Threads
    35
    Posts
    967
    Blog Entries
    55
    Rep Power
    2622

    Default Re: So

    Okay so I've pretty much read people's posts around here. And I got a question... if downloading is so illegal, how come there are millions of downloading torrents? :-?
    Oh, I get it... torrents are like drug dealers. They're not allowed to exist, but they do. Lol. I don't know what to say about downloading, but I am strongly convinced that if it truly was so illegal it would be on a very high percentage, banned. Maybe it is illegal, but it's... I don't know, tolerated.
    Well I don't know how it is for you there, but here in Romania no one gives a crap if you download or not. Also, I only download because I do not find any anime or manga here, barely find any music at all, and it's friggin' expensive and most of the people can't even afford that kinda stuff.
    No Mercy,
    No Remorse.


    ||Thank you MaruDashi for the great set!||

  8. #56
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    37,456.78
    Gender
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, United States
    Age
    24
    Threads
    47
    Posts
    2,027
    Rep Power
    2242
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

    Default Re: So

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanjoudakai_Ira View Post
    Okay so I've pretty much read people's posts around here. And I got a question... if downloading is so illegal, how come there are millions of downloading torrents? :-?
    I'm glad you made the comparison between torrents and another crimes because that's basically what's going on.

    When it comes to downloading media, the laws are rather difficult to enforce, mostly due to the fact that its hard to keep track of such a thing. People could just track your EVERY MOVEMENT on the Internet but not only is that not feasible but it also undermines certain basic freedoms.

    Of course, the fact that there are torrents everywhere doesn't mean that they are any less illegal. Hell, there are a lot of things that are illegal that people do anyway, and torrents are no exception (I can ask the same question about speeding, drug dealing, bank robberies, and virtually any crime anywhere). People use torrents for two reasons: 1) because they want to spread things around and/or to receive things for free and 2) because they think they won't get caught. Of course, that's not to say that someone has never been caught uploading anime illegally. Because people totally have.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kanjoudakai_Ira View Post
    Well I don't know how it is for you there, but here in Romania no one gives a crap if you download or not. Also, I only download because I do not find any anime or manga here, barely find any music at all, and it's friggin' expensive and most of the people can't even afford that kinda stuff.
    Again, its only "tolerated" among certain people that you know. On a legal standpoint, Romania doesn't tolerate it anymore than the United States or most other countries. You can be fined and arrested and, just for good measure, they'll take all the crap you used to upload/download the media with...or just plain destroy it.

     
    Just in case you need to brush up on your copyright laws: Romanian Copyright Law

    Section 3, Chapter II is the most important part. It describes what copyright holders can do if they catch you and what the punishment can be.
    This is my war face.

    This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

  9. Thanks Derrick Remon thanked for this post
    Likes Derrick Remon liked this post
  10. #57
    Someone took my sweet roll! Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon's Avatar
    Gil
    21,293.41
    Gender
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Gifts Jet 255 - Torchic 255 - Torchic
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2013 04:05 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    24
    Threads
    43
    Posts
    1,078
    Rep Power
    778

    Default Re: So

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    I'm glad you made the comparison between torrents and another crimes because that's basically what's going on.

    When it comes to downloading media, the laws are rather difficult to enforce, mostly due to the fact that its hard to keep track of such a thing. People could just track your EVERY MOVEMENT on the Internet but not only is that not feasible but it also undermines certain basic freedoms.

    Of course, the fact that there are torrents everywhere doesn't mean that they are any less illegal. Hell, there are a lot of things that are illegal that people do anyway, and torrents are no exception (I can ask the same question about speeding, drug dealing, bank robberies, and virtually any crime anywhere). People use torrents for two reasons: 1) because they want to spread things around and/or to receive things for free and 2) because they think they won't get caught. Of course, that's not to say that someone has never been caught uploading anime illegally. Because people totally have.



    Again, its only "tolerated" among certain people that you know. On a legal standpoint, Romania doesn't tolerate it anymore than the United States or most other countries. You can be fined and arrested and, just for good measure, they'll take all the crap you used to upload/download the media with...or just plain destroy it.

     
    Just in case you need to brush up on your copyright laws: Romanian Copyright Law

    Section 3, Chapter II is the most important part. It describes what copyright holders can do if they catch you and what the punishment can be.
    You have gotten your point across. There is no need to keep restating. Let it end.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	qn69zc.jpg.gif
Views:	4
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	54956


    ┈┈┈┈┈╭┻━━┻╮┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┃▆┈┈▆┃┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╭╋━━━━╋╮┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╰┫┈┈┈┈┣╯┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈╰┓┏┓┏╯┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈╰╯╰╯┈┈┈┈┈┈


  11. #58
    Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    604.14
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-11-2014 10:12 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    OH
    Threads
    14
    Posts
    293
    Rep Power
    124
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Aerophobia

    Default Re: So

    i thought this thread would be dead within like 2 days.... shows how smart i am
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

    “When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts