AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Spice and wolf

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Monkey Tuxedo Mask Rose Present
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-28-2014 06:10 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Aerophobia

Default Spice and wolf

I'm not exactly sure if this thread belongs here... but i just wanted to hear some others feedback on this show.. i just finished up the first season and found myself very entranced by this show. The way that they interact with each other, the way you can tell they care for each other they are just being like shy i guess i could say about it. Its really all quite interesting to me and i was wondering if anyone had any good reviews of it as well. i know im not saying much but im about to hit the sack and its kinda late, just figured id start this before i got off. Anyways, wondering if anyone else liked this anime and how much they liked it. for me, the way its going i feel like its one of my favorites of anything ive seen before...

Senior Member aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia has a reputation beyond repute aerophobia's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Default Re: Spice and wolf

forever alone i guess lol....
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 06:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default love it.

probably one the best animated stories. plus Holo is hot, sophisticated, and wise. you can definitely feel the tension between her and Lawrence. The second season will really going to push them to the edge.

4. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-15-2014 03:36 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Spice and Wolf is a pretty fun series to watch (and I'm not just saying that because Holo is a wolf and I love wolves).

The only "downside" to the series (and its only a downside depending on who you are) is that the show, while technically a fantasy, focuses a lot on trading, peddling and economics (its like political intrigue except with furs and apples). For some, this can be really boring (I personally like the witty back and forth that Lawrence and Holo have with other traders and themselves about the inner workings of trade) and until Lawrence and Holo get a bit more serious about their relationship (not going to tell you when that happens ), most of the first season is strictly about economics, with some human-wolf romance thrown in (there's some witty banter and hints of a relationship, but it takes a while).

If you're willing to wait and enjoy the ride, Spice and Wolf is a really good show (there is a lot that happens that connects Lawrence and Holo together). But if you want a show STRICTLY about romance, then this isn't it.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 11-28-2011 at 09:08 PM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

6. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

I actually like the economics/trading parts sometimes because of the back and forth as you said between spice and wolf. These are the kinds of animes that i love! A romance or action comedy. This show is definitely shaping itself out to be one of my all time favorites.
    and btw im like half way into season 2 now... im preferring to watch it with the english dub (i sometimes do for some weird reason) but im gonna be watching the third season as soon as i possibly can. i do believe its out already??? i hope... i think i read theres a third season... whatever, im lovin this show lol
    "“Loneliness is a disease that can lead to death. They might as well be the same thing.”---spice and wolf

“When you're surrounded by all these people, it can be lonelier than when you're by yourself. You can be in a huge crowd, but if you don't feel like you can trust anyone or talk to anybody, you feel like you're really alone.” -- Fiona Apple

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 06:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I think the best part of the this story is that a mortal human is teaching the ways of his peoples trades/economics to a deity that really has no use for it. But, she's willing to learn, not because it's necessary for her to do so, but because Lawrence is so excited by it and I believe that it's this what excites him that motivates her to want to learn more in the life of a merchant. Plus, the fact that Lawrence is willing to learn more about Holo's life and past as the Wise wolf and the other deities that she is intertwined with speaks volumes about him as well. Also, I love the way they tease each other...and the way they try to hide their feelings from each other at the same time.

I've only seen the first 3 episodes of the 2nd season at Animefest.
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

9. Thanks aerophobia thanked for this post
    Likes aerophobia liked this post
    Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by aerophobia View Post
    and btw im like half way into season 2 now... im preferring to watch it with the english dub (i sometimes do for some weird reason) but im gonna be watching the third season as soon as i possibly can. i do believe its out already??? i hope... i think i read theres a third season... whatever, im lovin this show lol
    Actually, there are only two seasons of Spice and Wolf: 12 in the first season (well, 12 that aired, anyway), 12 in the second season, with an OVA in each one, for a total of 26 episodes.

There's a bunch of stuff in the Spice and Wolf universe, such as the light novels that started it all, the manga, the video games, and whatever.

But there are only two seasons of the Spice and Wolf anime.
    This is my war face.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Actually, there are only two seasons of Spice and Wolf: 12 in the first season (well, 12 that aired, anyway), 12 in the second season, with an OVA in each one, for a total of 26 episodes.

There's a bunch of stuff in the Spice and Wolf universe, such as the light novels that started it all, the manga, the video games, and whatever.

But there are only two seasons of the Spice and Wolf anime.
    Thanks for telling me... i found that out a little earlier though
    guess ill have to find some of the manga and light novels i guess. i found tons of forums from years ago to as little as a month ago with people asking about a season 3.. it would be nice if they did. it seems popular enough but for whatever reason they arnt making a 3rd season i guess

Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by aerophobia View Post
    Thanks for telling me... i found that out a little earlier though
    guess ill have to find some of the manga and light novels i guess. i found tons of forums from years ago to as little as a month ago with people asking about a season 3.. it would be nice if they did. it seems popular enough but for whatever reason they arnt making a 3rd season i guess
    The manga is isn't very long, so the light novels are the way to go (of course, you can always read the manga if you are a big fan). Some things are fleshed out a little better in the novels.
    This is my war face.

13. Likes aerophobia liked this post
    Member zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000 has a reputation beyond repute zupinu2000's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-14-2012 11:45 PM
    Threads

watching the 2nd season will make you want to get a 3rd season...i can't find more on manga or anime QQ, it really feels like it's not over >.<

PS: i'd want a gf like horo Q_Q
    Last edited by zupinu2000; 12-08-2011 at 12:24 AM.

Junior Member Qaterina is on a distinguished road Qaterina's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-27-2012 08:23 PM
    Threads

Funimation owns the rights to Spice and Wolf video production and distribution in the United States. Kadokawa Pictures USA went out of business in 2008-2009, which explains the delayed video production of an additional season 3. There is a public relations manager that I am sure would love to hear from us. The link is: http://www.funimation.com/news/press...pictures/17197

Let's make it known we would like to see current production of additional seasons of our favorite series and 2 translated books per year is not acceptable. Be nice if you contact them, they will respond with enough voices.

Take care and be well.

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 11:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

spice and wolf is by far my favorite anime ever. i've never seen another one where the environments felt so real. where the characters were so dynamic and deep. and where a story about a traveling merchant who's really just and average guy could be so exciting! the music enhances every emotion and the plans they come up with are complicated enough to even make me have to listen to it twice! and holy crap Holo is just the friggin cutest thing ever!
    and now i wish damnation upon the producers to only be lifted by the release of a third season! boogie boogie boo!

btw if you wanna watch SaW season II english dubbed,

http://www.animepalm.com/spice-and-w...nglish-dubbed/

there ya go! i found that "Player 5" worked best for me (you'll see what i mean when you get to the page).

Cheers!
    Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Member Random User is on a distinguished road Random User's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Cake
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2012 07:58 PM
    Threads

I've just started watching this series. Pretty awesome so far.

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 10:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

one of my fav animesss!

Sig ^ made by @Kaleohano *hugs*

Junior Member saunawarrior is on a distinguished road saunawarrior's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 04:38 PM
    Threads

I wish for 3rd season too... after watching the last episode of the 2nd season I just stared at the screen and felt like there is no way that was the last episode of spice and wolf they are Ing to make

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Going*

Senior Member plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff has a reputation beyond repute plumpuff's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2012 01:24 PM
    Threads

I love Spice & Wolf, and I wish the anime would finish the story...

I have all 17 of the novels; the anime was nowhere near even the middle of the story. It even just gets so much better!

Junior Member saunawarrior is on a distinguished road saunawarrior's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-21-2012 04:38 PM
    Threads

Agony of waiting increased by over nine thousand ;_____;

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 12:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

I watched the first episode, it was ok but somthing just seamed of. Ill try it out again..

Junior Member Gigsaw is on a distinguished road Gigsaw's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 06:13 PM
    Threads

I'm on episode 7 so far and I like it!!

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I watched the rest of the first season, it realy was worth it and now one of my favorites. I am also glad to hear there is a second season. Im not to woried that there Isn't a third, i will just read the manga. But yeh what a hreat anime! I love the relationship between lawrance and holo, realy engaging. I realy like how holo is intelligent and independent, unlike alot of girls in anime were there just kinda dumb. :P

Senior Member LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo has a reputation beyond repute LivioRazlo's Avatar
    Gil
    Stressed
    Gifts Gurren Drill Bioshock Eve 2 Nachos
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-04-2012 04:28 PM
    Threads

I placed this anime in my top 10. It really is such a good one. The interaction between holo and Craft is the best sort of character interaction I have ever seen, both in real acting and in anime. The author of those light novels truly is a genius and the anime producers really did the books justice. Im really impressed with Holo as a character- her intelligence and flirtations are supurb. Being an old romantic, I found their

expression of love at the end of the series very touching

Really great work, cannot wait for the next series!

26. Likes Explorer Oak liked this post
    Senior Member AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost has a reputation beyond repute AnimeFrost's Avatar
    Gil
    Cold
    Gifts Gir Penguin Death Note
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2014 01:52 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: AnimeFrost

So many good comments MUST WATCH THIS ANIME!!!! then i shall give my feedback

Sword Art Online
    <3 Kirito and Asuna <3
    Quote: "Its easier to be yourself then to be something your not"

Senior Member Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano has a reputation beyond repute Kaleohano's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheeky
    Gifts Dodge Viper GTS Hyundai Coupe Yellow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    409 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 11:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Bad_Prelude

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeFrost View Post
    So many good comments MUST WATCH THIS ANIME!!!! then i shall give my feedback

Kaleohano derailing threads everywhere he go
    Sit back some time and simply ask yourself, [Link]->"Do you even lift, bro?"<-[Link]

Gil
    Chatty
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I have watched the first season 3x now and i'm trying to finish the second season online. The manga is verry good as well! Holo is such a cutie pie! Ooh i can't stand it! X3

Devourer of Realms Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman has a reputation beyond repute Munchman's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Present The one Ring Bobba Fett
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-30-2014 05:31 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Mclovin

While i do like the anime a lot , i prefer it for the whole economic and trading thing. Dont get me wrong, Holo is pretty , and occasionally nice , but at some times she is just too bossy.
    “The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it. because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. stone crumbles. wood rots. people, well, they die. but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on.” - Chuck Palahniuk

New Blog!
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?286738-Munchman
    A Completely Mediocre and Overdone Blog
    Now with 22% more entries!
    Make that 22.3735242%!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information