AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Courting: Direct or Indirect?

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Courting: Direct or Indirect?

Quote Originally Posted by Hideki Motosuwa. View Post
    Lol, it just means you're doing something really weird, or too much out of the ordinary. Mainly, I think it's just guys who try and attempt something they simply cannot do to impress a girl. It's okay to brag, but only about things you're capable of.
    Aha, I see.
    Thank you for the lesson! ;D

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Member Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2011 11:12 PM
    Threads

on black friday i randomly asked a girl for her phone number that i had been standing next to while her mom and dad was there was nerve wrecking lol but i felt great afterwards i know i would have felt down if she had rejected me however, I also find it easier to date people that i clearly establish im interested in at the begining of the relationship rather then dating people I had started being friends with, im a shy introvert so its hard for me to ask girls out lol

3. Likes solidarmor liked this post
    Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post Re: Courting: Direct or Indirect?

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Aha, I see.
    Thank you for the lesson! ;D
    No problem
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazama1990 View Post
    on black friday i randomly asked a girl for her phone number that i had been standing next to while her mom and dad was there was nerve wrecking lol but i felt great afterwards i know i would have felt down if she had rejected me however, I also find it easier to date people that i clearly establish im interested in at the begining of the relationship rather then dating people I had started being friends with, im a shy introvert so its hard for me to ask girls out lol
    Ah, that's rather brave of you to ask a girl for her number, considering your introvert and shy. I know the feeling. Good for you man.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

The heck? Did you just meet this girl right there and then? Or did you already know her previously?

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That takes some moxy to do that with her folks right there. I present Kazama: Winner of the "You DA Man Award".
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post

Yeah... but still. If a girl clearly doesn't understand the "hint" then it's better to be straightforward then thinking afterwards if she would've liked it or not. And yeah... I don't do coffee either. But if someone doesn't like it, and they actually do consider to atleast chat with you some more, then Im quite sure that they will say something like "oh no I don't drink coffee! (laughter) But how about x?" or something something.
    Oh, I usually make another suggestion. But most guys I've encountered have tried the same trick over and over again, and it annoys me a little and the only reason it does is because these guys are usually people that I have encountered on a regular basis. There are some things people may not know about me (my laced arm warmers and my Tripp pants don't really point to Disney movies but I'm a huge fan of them) but there are other things people should figure out.

I've never been seen with a coffee cup, so why ask about coffee (a situation compounded by the fact that I drink tea in public all the time)? I have a sticker on my laptop (that I ALWAYS carry to class) that says "Team Shut-the-hell-up", so why would you ask me to go to a Twilight movie?

From the way you explain things, it sounds messy XD It seems, the guy who likes you, will lose either way.
    Yeah, I'm...complicated. I don't know. Years of people playing tricks on me have made me a bit wary of relationships outside my inner circle, which is why most of my relationships involved people I already knew and hung out with, versus random people asking me for coffee.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    I've never been seen with a coffee cup, so why ask about coffee (a situation compounded by the fact that I drink tea in public all the time)? I have a sticker on my laptop (that I ALWAYS carry to class) that says "Team Shut-the-hell-up", so why would you ask me to go to a Twilight movie?
    Yeah, these things use to confuse me too. But I started to notice a few things and it all started to make sense.

1. (Elementary) I realized that I wasn't the center of the universe. I gotta tell you that was a mind = blown moment right there. I mean why else would the sun rotate around me? Why else do things get small when they're far away?

2. (Middle) I realized that most people are oblivious to most of the things I do... unless they are bad things. Elie always had trouble remembering when I lent him 5 bucks, but that time I tripped him in PE? He never seemed to forget it.

3. (High) I realized that even the people who know me best still seem to forget the most basic things. I don't want mayo in my sandwich. Mom, you don't have to make a sandwich, but if you do hold the mayo. Mom, what are you doing? "Spreading mayo on your sandwich", she says. What did I just say? "Oops."

So, somehow it all makes sense now. To think that it all is pretty much just a logical consequence of what I learned in elementary.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I still don't see why people hate the friend zone? Here gather around little children I'm going to tell a story.

Back in 7th grade I REALLLLY Liked this kid in my class who just moved here. Well actually at first I hated them, but he grew on me. The first few months we were not really "friends" Just distant class mates. ALL of the girls were into him and of course I could've cared less. Until one afternoon I was 3 way chatting with some of my friends. [oh the glory 3way phone call days] And they would NOT quit talking about him. Well that night I had a dream about him for the first time. "uh oh" and there was no going back after that.... Well at some point I got sick... So at home I was creepin' on his myspace and he had his phone number on it so I grew some female balls and started texting him [creeper] and we actually became somewhat friends so by time I got better we started sitting next to each other in class. And in the remainder of my middle school years the whole school pretty much caught on that I liked this kid and I had no problems admitting it to him himself but of course every now and then I'd get the "why don't you just ask him out? You guys are literally hip buddies" Because for some reason we always ended up next to each other without even trying lmao. I always told whoever asked "No.. If I were to date him, the minute we broke up that's our friendship down the drain.." I knew I had the choice of my dream of dating them with all the benefits & perks for about a month or so [come on even as a middle schooler I knew it wouldn't last] or I could enjoy the friendship for a much longer time. People always looked at me like I was crazy. And occasionally classmates would try to keep us appart. That got annoying. Anyhow long story short, they moved in the summer between middle school and high school. I remained his friend throughout high school even though they lived 6hrs away compared to everyone else just because I stuck myself in the friend zone on my own. It was worth it.

But of course after graduating hs many years from our original encounter in middle school they sparked a quite interesting deal that would've brought me out of that friendzone.... Buuuuut I have a boyfriend.... :]

Sometimes it's worth it to wait out the friendzone if you know what you're doing.. Is pretty much the summary of what I was trying to say.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post Re: Courting: Direct or Indirect?

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    So at home I was creepin' on his myspace and he had his phone number on it so I grew some female balls and started texting him [creeper] and we actually became somewhat friends so by time I got better we started sitting next to each other in class.
    Off topic here, but I find young people reckless if they don't set their profile to private and end up making their phone numbers available on their profiles.

On topic: cool story. But I still think the friend zone sucks XD

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Sometimes it's worth it to wait out the friendzone if you know what you're doing.. Is pretty much the summary of what I was trying to say.
    Nobody is saying that just being friends is inherently a bad thing. Just that its bad when you've attempted to make the leap to the next level and get shot down back to the friend zone. Let's pull up that picture again:

Look at that big leap Mario is making. If he makes it to the other side, great for him; its an amazing accomplishment. If he misses and fails, he's going to have a long fall back to where he started from (IF he makes it back).

As you mentioned in your story, you had a choice: you could remain friends (just friends) or take a chance at a relationship. As you pointed out, if you had decided to engage in a relationship, you were going to take a chance at losing your overall friendship if the relationship went sour.

THAT is what we are talking about. The friend zone isn't bad by itself, but it becomes a bad place to be when you were ready to go to that next level, and you thought that the other person wanted to go there as well, only to be shot down with the "let's just be friends" line. As I posted before, not only is it maddening to merely be friends with somebody that you were attracted to (and who you thought felt the same way), but the rejection also causes questions to pop up, questions that could ultimately impact the friendship as a whole.
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 11-30-2011 at 12:58 PM.
    This is my war face.

12. Likes Derrick Remon liked this post
    Someone took my sweet roll! Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon has a reputation beyond repute Derrick Remon's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Jet 255 - Torchic 255 - Torchic
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2013 04:05 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post

Nobody is saying that just being friends is inherently a bad thing. Just that its bad when you've attempted to make the leap to the next level and get shot down back to the friend zone. Let's pull up that picture again:

Look at that big leap Mario is making. If he makes it to the other side, great for him; its an amazing accomplishment. If he misses and fails, he's going to have a long fall back to where he started from (IF he makes it back).

As you mentioned in your story, you had a choice: you could remain friends (just friends) or take a chance at a relationship. As you pointed out, if you had decided to engage in a relationship, you were going to take a chance at losing your overall friendship if the relationship went sour.

THAT is what we are talking about. The friend zone isn't bad by itself, but it becomes a bad place to be when you were ready to go to that next level, and you thought that the other person wanted to go there as well, only to be shot down with the "let's just be friends" line. As I posted before, not only is it maddening to merely be friends with somebody that you were attracted to (and who you thought felt the same way), but the rejection also causes questions to pop up, questions that could ultimately impact the friendship as a whole.
    This deserves mention.

Very well played.

┈┈┈┈┈╭┻━━┻╮┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┃▆┈┈▆┃┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╭╋━━━━╋╮┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈┃┃┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈╰┫┈┈┈┈┣╯┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈╰┓┏┓┏╯┈┈┈┈┈
    ┈┈┈┈┈┈╰╯╰╯┈┈┈┈┈┈

Member Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990 has a brilliant future Kazama1990's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-05-2011 11:12 PM
    Threads

No problem

Ah, that's rather brave of you to ask a girl for her number, considering your introvert and shy. I know the feeling. Good for you man.
    Ah thanks Hideki, yah its mostly thanks to how chaotic everything one and that I was in a strange mood lol

Quote Originally Posted by Capitán View Post
    The heck? Did you just meet this girl right there and then? Or did you already know her previously?
    Yah I had just met her, she was wearing an evenecence shirt while listening to music we were on opposite sites of a booth so we didnt even get a chance to make small talk but I noticed her glancing at me every once in a while lol was funny when our eyes would meet for a few seconds and we would both look away but yah after the fighting through crowds to get what I was after i went over to her side and told her id like to get her number so we could chat and get to know each other nd she said yah, we are still texting back and forth though now that I have lost the randomness factor i find myself at a loss with what to do we have seen a movie so yah guess time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by solidarmor View Post
    That takes some moxy to do that with her folks right there. I present Kazama: Winner of the "You DA Man Award".
    Sweet thanks Ill put it right between my prized kingdom hearts wallscroll and my gaara wallscroll

Senior Member tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari has a reputation beyond repute tesaamari's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Gifts Book Be Mine Heart
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-28-2015 05:11 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

giving hints may just lead to confusion.
    i think a guy should tell the girl if he wants/loves her.
    but of course he must make sure of his feelings first.
    well it's just my opinion

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

There is no "sure fire" way of doing this. You have feelings for someone, so you take that leap...but, you may end up like Icarus falling back to earth for a hard landing.

Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by solidarmor View Post
    There is no "sure fire" way of doing this. You have feelings for someone, so you take that leap...but, you may end up like Icarus falling back to earth for a hard landing.
    Or have someone go Kano on you and rip your heart out of your chest.

This is my war face.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Junior Member breesteak is infamous around these parts breesteak is infamous around these parts breesteak is infamous around these parts breesteak is infamous around these parts breesteak is infamous around these parts breesteak is infamous around these parts breesteak is infamous around these parts breesteak's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-20-2011 11:48 AM
    Threads

Well, I tend to like it when a woman's (I'm a lesbian) direct with me. I tend to not get subtle hints, so yeah. My Lover is real straightforward so I'm glad for that, she doesn't mess around and got straight to the point. c:

Closed Thread

Thread Information