AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Technical Problems With Aw.com Website

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2009 08:17 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

When I was reading back in the chatroom of the stuff I missed when I was at work, I noticed that someone said that after doing a virus scan they got a reading that said that AW was giving them a virus. Can someone verify this for me? Maybe with a screen shot of what your prog says? If pmak is reading this, do you know what's up?

Thanks much!

Pink is the new Pooky
    Party it up in Wallpapers
    | join the AF Gaia guild!
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

musing of a mod : Illuminated Spirits : Theme: uber_pink

Senior Member acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori has much to be proud of acamori's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2005 06:34 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i've heard several complaints on the chat about it, it's usually a trojan that i've heard people say. when i get on AW.com i'm getting a bunch of the "trust content from..." dialouges trying to install stuff. i'm not sure what happens when you click yes, because i'm not going to. other than that, nothing happens to me, not sure where the virus is coming from.
    Sanity is a stereotype I wish not to be associated with, the same applies to normality.
    my MiniTokyo Gallery if you want bigger walls.

Is A Girl ;)
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug has a reputation beyond repute LavaBug's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-14-2014 10:22 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

according to my resistent scanner (AntiVir Personal edition 6 freeware)
    it´s a trojan called SecndThought C4...(I coudl not find out what it does...)

I could reproduce it a few more times but it´s rather seldom
    seems to me it has to do with that "your computer could be infected" banner

here the screenshot
    (i know i´supposed to upload pics to the forums but i just dont know how...)
    click me

would be cool if someone else could verify that....

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan has a reputation beyond repute MistressPookyChan's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Thanks for the screen shot. If anyone else wants to try it, please get a screen shot of yours as well. The more info we have the better.

Pink is the new Pooky
    "Spilt coffee has a sad remembrance of old"- from a plastic bag seen on the train

Senior Member Candy-chan is on a distinguished road Candy-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2004 05:28 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

this iswhat i get

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2006 03:09 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i get the same thing as candy ... it wants that i trust them to download something ... if people click yes it could download an virus or trojan ... possible
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Courier'><span id=\"618b7602591fe96996a4039c24957108\">Bokomon ARMY</span></span></span></span><SCRIPT language="JavaScript">animate('618b7602591fe96996a 4039c24957108', 'Blue');</SCRIPT>

Junior Member Tuxedo Jack Tuxedo Jack's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2004 10:47 AM
    Threads

That was me who e-mailed you about that.

Anyways, I wrote up a description of what it&#39;s trying to install.

Here it is, straight from spywareinfo.com:

Okay, after a through scanning by AVG, HJT, and a crowbar, the .xpi file does the following:

- Installs bridge.dll _without_ the DPF file, so you can&#39;t use Add/Remove to get rid of it
    - Installs bi.dll
    - Installs %SystemRoot%&#092;a.exe, which is a variant of PSW.Briss.A (AVG)
    - Installs PSW.Bispy.B (AVG)

This appears to be a simple hijacker with a nasty twist - password stealers. If you think you&#39;re infected by this, please use Trend Micro&#39;s Housecall (it&#39;s in my signature) or a comparable virus cleaner to remove them from your machine.

If you&#39;re in doubt, please post an HJT log in the forums.
    These hijacks only affect Internet Explorer. However, the rats at Flingstone have come up with a .xpi file to infect people who use Mozilla/Firefox. A plugin called "Free Access Plugin" is kinda phoney, y&#39;know?

I know advertising makes up a lot of your revenue. Just how much does AWP cost, bandwidth-wise? I may be able to find you a cheaper host, one that won&#39;t make you depend on scumsuckers like Flingstone, Cydoor, and ABetterInternet to survive.

By the way, this screenshot is what you get when the bit pops up in a Mozilla program.

And no, I&#39;m running Windows 2000 Professional.

In reference to the SWI post, here&#39;s the thread on it:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/in...howtopic=40247

Senior Member souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii has much to be proud of souichi tsujii's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Haruhi Suzumiya   Tsuruya
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2015 03:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Here&#39;s what I get.

CANDY POWER!!! Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel has much to be proud of Sweet_Angel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-16-2007 06:38 AM
    Threads

I get the same thing.

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

yes this is what I get too. And plus it doesn&#39;t go away easily.

Junior Member Tuxedo Jack Tuxedo Jack's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2004 10:47 AM
    Threads

No, it doesn&#39;t.

To remove it, you require the following:

- HijackThis 1.97.7 (from http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt)
    - Knowledge of what are legitimate files in Windows and what aren&#39;t
    - Reboots into Safe Mode
    - A good antivirus scanner (preferably Grisoft&#39;s AVG or NOD32)

If you&#39;ve got it, put up a HijackThis log at the SpywareInfo forums and we&#39;ll clean your computer for you.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 12:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Is this something?
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Yea that pops up all the time, however, sometimes my virus-scan picks up a trojan right when I enter AW...I&#39;llt ry to get a screenshot next time it pops up with the virus message.

Junior Member Spartibus Spartibus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-27-2004 01:31 PM
    Threads

crzy

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Ok, so it looks like the pop-ups won&#39;t do anything to you unless you agree to download something. So when you get a pop-up from anywhere, never press the "yes" button and don&#39;t agree to download anything. In other words, be cautious&#33;

Pink is the new Pooky

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2004 05:25 AM
    Threads

Its a good idea just to disable it in your options. FireFox/Mozilla help with problems like this.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-10-2006 03:09 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

i cant disable it since i use that function often ...
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Courier'><span id=\"618b7602591fe96996a4039c24957108\">Bokomon ARMY</span></span></span></span><SCRIPT language="JavaScript">animate('618b7602591fe96996a 4039c24957108', 'Blue');</SCRIPT>

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-15-2004 05:25 AM
    Threads

Then, that leads to what MistressPookyChan said.

Senior Member wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic has a reputation beyond repute wizz-o-matic's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Aria Neko
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-22-2014 04:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: wizzadoo

Hehe, agree Mozilla FireFox is realy great

Serie~Blue Eternity EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue has a reputation beyond repute EternalBlue's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-08-2009 09:31 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I finally got a screenshot of that pesky virus I was getting from AW.com. (and no I did not hit the "yes" button, cause that&#39;s pretty stupid)

Junior Member AnimeMatrix AnimeMatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2004 01:01 PM
    Threads

I&#39;m continously getting redirected to another website every time when I go to an certian section of your website so say I wanted to go and have a look at Outlaw Star Wallpapers I get this Window box saying "You must click yes to view this site" I click ok and I get redirected to another site&#33;
    http://bar.mywebsearch.com/bartools.html?p...er=ZRxdm185&w=r
    its starting to piss me off&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :angry: :angry: :angry: is there any way on how to get rid of it or atleast Stop it from making me get redirected?

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

hmm you&#39;re right..it must that bug... I think Pooky is working on it when ever she has the time to.

Junior Member AnimeMatrix AnimeMatrix's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-14-2004 01:01 PM
    Threads

well it better be a quick fix... cuz some people are gonna go nuts over it...

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I have tried contacting pmak (the owner of animewallpapers) to tell him about the problem but I don&#39;t know if he has read my messages to him or not. I cannot fix it myself, so I need to have pmak do it. I will keep ya&#39;ll updated as to what is going on.

Pink is the new Pooky

☃ Snowmen! ☃
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Getting major pop-ups? Got a virus after visiting the site?

Please post technical concerns and issues in this thread&#33; This will make it easier for the AW.com admin to check out the problems.

This thread is not for talking about the wallpapers themselves, only technical issues with the site. Thanks&#33;&#33;

**all previous discussions about viruses will be moved to this thread**

Pink is the new Pooky

Closed Thread

Thread Information