AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nazo no Kanojo X

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Nazo no Kanojo X

One of my favorite manga of all time, Nazo no Kanojo X(Mysterious Girlfriend X in English), by Ueshiba Riichi, is about drool. Yep. Drool.

Akira Tsubaki, in a daze of passion, happens to taste the drool of Mikoto Urabe, asleep on her desk in school. This leads to a mysterious "illness" that can only be temporarily offset by more of her drool.

That semi-paranormal element aside, the story follows their simple and developing relationship. NnKX separates itself from similar such series by focusing on the relationship itself; cutting out excessive drama, and keeping to a small cast of characters including Tsubaki's sister, and Ueno and Oka, friends of Tsubaki and Urabe, respectively, who are also in a relationship. The bond between the characters is noted for being realistic in both its nature and its progression, and slightly Natusume Ono-ish in style.

The series began in 2004 and is published monthly; a one-shot which inspired the full series had been published several months before the series began.

Primary characters:

Akira Tsubaki:

Mikoto Urabe:

"The color fades along the intervals I follow."

2. Likes CookiesK3 liked this post
    Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 01:43 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Nazo no Kanojo X

Man I love this manga. The characters are interesting and the art is very detailed.

The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

News came out today that the series will be receiving an anime in 2012; no date was given, but it'll likely be a summer series, maybe a spring series.

I believe huzzahs are in order.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Going to give this a bump since the anime is airing now.

The voice actor for Urabe isn't monotone enough...she seems sort of...off. At least the art direction is pretty good; they're mostly sticking to Ureshii's style.

AF's Resident Color Taster Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead has a reputation beyond repute Sr Machinehead's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Chameleon Cookie Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 10:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Sr Machinehead PSN ID: Sr_machinehead Steam ID: DocMK

Though I haven't actually read the manga I watched the first episode of the series last night. seems good especially with the art style but it's gonna take a while for me to get used to the drool. I'll probably continue following it regardless since I don't drop shows though.

Set made by me
    "Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

A while back, I read the first 7 volumes from the manga, and yes, it's not easily what one would think. It's actually a reasonably realistic and mature, as well as fun and gradually very addictive series.
    I trust we understand that "mature" means "thoughtful and constructive", not "smutty and delinquent".

The point in the series is not really fetishizing drool or a "creepy" girl, but like Gjallarhorn said, it focuses on the central relationship (and other relationships) in a somewhat realistic and more interesting way than the average relationship between teenagers you'd see in anime and manga these days. The characters gradually deepen their relationship and explore sexuality, and I can say it has a better example of friendship (Oka) than the typical "POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" series. It also handles the coming pinches in a light-hearted and refreshing (yet very addictive) way; it's not an angst-and-melodrama series. And despite some cliche tropes, everything brings something to the table here.

Overall, if you can get over a couple superficial things, it's the kind of series that contemplates things and is pretty awesome and addictive, so don't miss it. I highly recommend reading the manga; there are some things I can criticize (I might talk about them in a later post), but it's still easily one of my favorite relationship mangas, despite still being somewhat short and in-progress.

I didn't watch the anime episode yet, but I'm gonna break my rule of not touching 13-episode seasons until they're over and watch the first episode when I come back home tomorrow or something... at least because they're saying that the sound is great, and there seems to be a new face performing Urabe's voice, which piqued both my curiosity and anxiety. In any case, I reeeaaaally hope they make it as good as the manga for the season.

Manga page on MAL:
    http://myanimelist.net/manga/1926/Nazo_no_Kanojo_X

Anime adaption page on MAL:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/12467/Nazo_no_Kanojo_X
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 04-08-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Senior Member Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man has a reputation beyond repute Uncanny X-Man's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2012 02:27 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Lassekorup

Watched the first episode, was a little creeped out at first, but it was, you know, so bizarre that I just wanted to see what the heck else happens to this guy and this girl in the future, and I thought that I gotta read the manga, so that's what I'm doing now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information