AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Girls and their attention spans....

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Girls and their attention spans....

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    Plus, typically, when I go on dates with guys to the movies, my attention is...er, elsewhere (let's put it this way: my mind isn't on the movie, so don't bother asking me what's going on...and let's leave it at that [although I think I might have confirmed an issue dealing with the attention span of females...although for an entirely different reason]).
    I think you may have confirmed something else, too. The girl in question may be wondering why he is more focused on the movie than her. Her asking him what is going on may be her way of trying to get him to focus on her.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by marvel_phoenix View Post
    I think you may have confirmed something else, too. The girl in question may be wondering why he is more focused on the movie than her. Her asking him what is going on may be her way of trying to get him to focus on her.
    This is true. I mean, its one thing if I am getting a bunch of friends together to go see a movie. But if a guy invites me to see one, alone, actually "watching" the movie is not the focus of the date. Its about sitting together...in the dark.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting has a reputation beyond repute SwiftKill GunToting's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Red Ornament L Laptop Chilled Monkey Brains
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2011 02:40 PM
    Threads

If I were that girl I'd just watch it on my won time as watch it bit by bit and pause for a while when I want to.

I personally have that problem myself. It isn't even about liking to movie. Like, my favorite movie ever is Kick-donkey. I was discouraging myself from seeing it for the first time cuz it ran for nearly 2 hours. (Dont try to get me to watch something longer - - Godfather is out for me) I had to stop it a few times to pull myself away from the screen because I had a hard time concentrating. When it was finished, like i previously stated, it was one of my favorite movies ever!!!

So, uh, yeah.....if she doesnt want to see it she doesn't want to see it, if she does than its best to have her watch it bit by bit on her own time. That's my experiance, anyways.
    "Parents and guardians don't care if they're sending you to face bloodthirsty monsters, so long as you get a B in English." - The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod
    ~~~~I am a most traitorous of pirates, but do not let that discourage you; I tend to fight alongside ninjas~~~~

Junior Member Kallen Kozuki Bella is on a distinguished road Kallen Kozuki Bella's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-13-2011 05:18 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mt774 View Post
    Can you guys suggest any way that we can a keep a girls attention span fixed for same amount of time as your own?

I will explain an example: If i want to go and see a screening of The Godfather at one of those cinemas that re-screens old classic movies, how i can make the girl i am with sit through the film because Godfather is long movie? How i can make her concentrate and understand the movie so i don't have to keep explaining to her what is happening and what means. last time i had to constantly explain to this girl what was happening throughout a long movie; which i hate the most because i lose my own concentration . Who knows some suggestions?
    well, i hve a simple suggestion,, why dnt u tell her about the movie before entering like
    ex:babe(or ehatever her name is)the movie we're gonna watch is "godfather", itz kind interesting, yet u need ur full concentration in it"
    the she'll say"why?"
    u hve to answer"because itz kinda difficult to understand,,if u keep on asking question, u surely wouldn't understand it, so keep it in mind u will concentrare in it 100%"
    then after that,, explain al about.. it

hope that helps..

Senior Member Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2012 07:01 AM
    Threads

love the last line! haha. mt774, though i always wanted to watch the godfather, some if not, most of the girls would probably be bored with that kind of movie. it's not surprising though, since in my opinion, the godfather is mostly watched by males...
    Quote Originally Posted by solidarmor View Post
    Never do a favor, expecting a favor out of it. As I've said before girls are nutty, and what's good for the goose ain't usually good for the gander. First, you presume that your girl appreciates classic art such as The Godfather...obviously it's a movie beyond her comprehension. Don't take her to see it, and don't go bitching about it when you do, knowing full well how she is. I know you want to broaden her horizons in good movies, but it isn't working...so stick to the cheesey cinemas when with her, and take guy buddy to see the good ones.

Plus, she probably agrees to go with because in reality she doesn't care about the movie...she may just want to spend time with you.

Closed Thread

Thread Information