AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coby the wolf comic book art- comments appreciated.

Junior Member Bysen is on a distinguished road Bysen's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-05-2011 05:00 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Coby the wolf comic book art- comments appreciated.

I'd like to thank the tutorials that helped me along to drawing this good, it took me about 2 hours to realise there is millions of ways to coloring pictures. Here is Coby the wolf comic panel 1 and two.

This is the first panel of my comic book. Please comment.
    I'd apreciate any feedback.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Here is an improvement of the art.

Junior Member Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Coffee Red
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2012 12:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Coby the wolf comic book art- comments appreciated.

I don't understand what's going on between the two panels.

Wolf says something about got all of them and the 2nd says you forgot your stuff I think.

Point A jumps to Point C or D but there is no transition.

There also is a spelling error for the word "Sur" I think it "Sure" ?? Or maybe Sur Is a name.

The comic is hard to follow because of this.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I edited it check again. These are only two slides. the new ones will be there around wednesday

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

New one I think this one is better

Comments

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

This is the completed one, well the text should still be entered, have to think this one over
    Last edited by FlashD; 11-03-2011 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Don't double post. Use the edit button instead.

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I don't understand them either. But it's hard to see the actual art too. It looks like you're painting on top of water but you're trying hard to not let the ripples move the paint from its position. Especially on the right panel.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Completed one. I promise sometimes it looks worse on other computers. This is actaully a very good drawing. plus the wolf isn't painted on the ripples at all. plus its a blue wall of a mad asylum. I believe

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

It was a comparison... The result looks like you're trying to paint on water but you can't contain water thus it makes it look like it's not very clean and focused. In my personal opinion I don't like it. I don't understand it and can barely make out what you're trying to draw which in turn makes the piece unsuccessful.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can tell that the image on the left, is at least to me a (dog?) sitting at a bar (I guess) smoking? Breathing fire? The panel on the right is the confusing one to me...I can't tell what's going on?
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well you might not like it. but I do. there are just a few people who would like the comic graphic novel. Plus some say its a mixture between marylin manson and picasso. you wouldn't know what's going on because your graphics card isn't good enough. I have a very high graphics card. So I'll say to me this looks perfect.

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bysen View Post
    Well you might not like it. but I do. there are just a few people who would like the comic graphic novel. Plus some say its a mixture between marylin manson and picasso. you wouldn't know what's going on because your graphics card isn't good enough. I have a very high graphics card. So I'll say to me this looks perfect.
    Honey you can't blame it on graphics cards. That's not how it works seeing as mine may actually be better than yours. But I suggest you not start drawing if you can't accept the fact that not all of your works are great. And the absolute worst thing you can do is to say your art is a mixture of two great artist when it's not. Not being mean or rude just telling you some facts. Also that comic isn't really a "comic" Two panels that do not follow comic format, nor have no story to it. I suggest you research what comics look like and learn about text placement and building up to main events etc. The red lines on the outside of the panel and the green highlight over the text needs to go. Your animal anatomy is horrid. I suggest you look at real pictures of what you're trying to draw.

-Art school student.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Oh ok, but you can't say your graphics card is better. Here is a new picture. I love the wolf's hand here, I'm trying to think of how to edit the face... But for now... here is a new one. I have a G force graphics card for 3D animation and graphics, also a 3GB RAM....

Version 2:

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Lets see my specs are

2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 dual-core processor ("Sandy Bridge") with 3 MB shared L3 cache
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384 MB of DDR3 SDRAM
    320 GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 RPM)
    4 GB RAM (1333 MHz DDR3; supports up to 8 GB)

--not to mention graphics cards has to do with PC games. Not images on the internet.

I do not understand the background. Looks like random green and white. The actual wolf is too dark. and has green hands :/ Seriously look up wolf anatomy. It looks like a horse head sweety and his "hands" are way out of proportion from wrist which is out of proportion from arms... Both hands are two entirely different shapes and sizes. You're going to have to work a little more at your tutorials you're reading or find new ones.
    Last edited by blueangel06661; 11-04-2011 at 01:40 PM.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

12. Likes solidarmor liked this post
    Senior Member solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor has a reputation beyond repute solidarmor's Avatar
    Apprehensive
    Gifts Art Tools Hedgehog Telescope
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2014 05:48 PM
    Between the dreaming, and the coming true
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bysen View Post
    I'm running a Evga GeForce GTx 560 Ti DS SC 1GB card...so it's NOT that.
    It's always in the last place you'd think of looking!

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

This is the chinaren monster, my look on how he'd look like, he is just without his pronounced nose. It's a character in a website. I'm sure It's just a way of saying sorry... yea anyway... Here is the monster. Thanks for commenting honestly

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

mine is a g force 4900

Gil
    Angelic
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Hey you can actually see this one! Much improvement ^___^ Se now that wasn't so bad now was it. Still has a few things off but I don't care since I can at least see it.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Dango News

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Canyou point me to tutorials that has someone speaking and showing around photoshop on only coloring, pen inking I can learn by myself.

animation
    Last edited by FlashD; 11-05-2011 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Don't double post, use the EDIT button or respect the two days delay.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information