Okay, so I just did a bunch of research and finally purchased my MP3 player that I wanted.
I was after something that had expandable memory and that played music for the most part. I wasn't interested in if it could play video or not as watching small screens irritate my eyes. I was wanting something not too expensive and not too cheap. If I'd wanted something more expensive I'd probably had gone for the iPod or the Zune.
I ended up getting the Sansa Clip+ 8GB which can take up to 16GB SD cards.
- I love the expandable memory on this thing. It can take up to 16 GB SD cards and, if I need to, I could just switch out cards a bunch, however, I've yet to even completely fill the 8GB on my MP3 player and I have 700+ songs already on there. The fact that I can switch out expandable memory almost gives me an infinite amount of space to put songs on for my MP3 player.
- The battery also lasts a really long time. I've hardly made a dent in the battery's life.
- It has really good sound and I can still hear it pretty well, even when the volume isn't up that high, which I like.
- This MP3 player is really straight forward to use and it's easy to understand and get it working.
Would I buy it again?
- Not really sure if this is considered bad or no--but it's irritating--the Sansa Clip+ doesn't seem to have a random option for the songs so it plays them in which ever order it seems to assign to the songs when using the 'play all songs' option.
- The other bad thing about it is that the 'Home' button already got scratched up pretty soon after I got it. :/
- Also, it doesn't seem to like .flac files and would lock up if one had been put on the MP3 player, so, for anyone out there looking to get one of these, be warned about that.
Okay, you maybe don't need to have this on yours, but it could be helpful. Would you purchase your MP3 player again if given the chance?
I would, or I may consider one with a small screen so that I could watch little animations while the songs played. I enjoy my MP3 player and it gets the job done. It does what I want it to do.
Your MP3 Player?
So, what about you? Did you take time to pick out your MP3 player and, if so, what kind of criteria did you use when purchasing it? What did you want your MP3 player to do? Also--what's the good and bad of your MP3 player? If there's nothing bad that you can think of, say that. Does it have expandable memory?
If you used to have an MP3 player, and want to let us know about the good and bad about that one, please feel free to post about that as well.
This may turn into a good reference thread for anyone else considering purchasing an MP3 player. :3
Also, if you use something else as an MP3 player tell me why, what benefits does it offer why is it good or bad? Let us know!
No Flaming MP3 players:
Also, because this is a thread about the MP3 players that we have or had please know that this is not a flaming thread! Don't say things like 'OMG this MP3 player (one you've never owned) sucks!' or 'Why do you have that brand, it's a stupid brand'.
I'm looking for well thought out responses about MP3 players and why they're good and bad, not just 'This MP3 player is bad because it's sucks/is stupid'. :/ This is meant to help people find out about MP3 players and their pros and cons. Might help if someone is considering purchasing one as well.
So tell me about your MP3 player! :]