AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: First Wall Ever

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-13-2004 10:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Well here it is. Tell me what you think. It's my first wall ive made.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 01:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

It is my opinion that the background and the character don't match. It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, but they don't seem to go together. Maybe it's the green? Also, you may want to drop the opacity on the foreground character because it detracts from the other. So far, so good, just tweak it.
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Senior Member RequiMem RequiMem's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2004 02:02 AM
    Threads

For a first wallpaper, this is very nice. I see a lot of first wallpapers that are too cluttered. This one however is more in line with what I'd expect to see as a wallpaper.

As far as the background goes, play around with the colors a bit. I agree with Xian Pu here.

Sometimes having two of the same character on a wallpaper can be a bit odd. Other times it seems to work. I've had one that worked once because I did use a bit of transparency, but transparency isn't always the best solution. In this image, I'm not sure whether it works or not. Again, just play around with it more.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>March 2004 MS Paint Only Competition Winner</span>

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 08:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

for a first wallpaper..it looks what I call a wallpaper lol..I mean my first wallpaper was like a collage..so anyways the bg is good, maybe change the colour of it to compliment the character..something more fitting lol..I don&#39;t know try a shade of blue.. or use the colours that are on her pick a shade..play around with it..add filters by accident..lol..also pick a focus image and fade the rest.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

ok hows this i made the bg a bit bluer lowered the opacity of one of them but not sure if its any better this way. also i am very surprised no one has noticed that the larger image is cut off a bit because the scan didnt have all of her hair in it so its kinda cut off i thought everyone would see it.

Silenced By Censorship Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu is a glorious beacon of light Xian Pu's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-17-2009 01:04 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Much better. As for the hair thing, I wouldn&#39;t know about it because I&#39;ve never seen the anime. In other words, if you cut the hair off, you did a damn good job of hiding it. *gives you dap* Word up G. Keep tweaking. ^_^
    I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather... not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.

Now this, this I fly with pride.

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks ill keep tweakin it see if i can get it better.

Senior Member escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon is a splendid one to behold escaflownemoon's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-25-2009 08:58 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

actually, I did notice the cut off hair but I forgot to mention it because it wasn&#39;t a big issue lol..yup the wallpaper looks much better. Keep on playing around with to see what else you can come up with.

Closed Thread

Thread Information