AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yo

Junior Member Mike Norton is a jewel in the rough Mike Norton is a jewel in the rough Mike Norton is a jewel in the rough Mike Norton's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2011 04:18 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Yo

Hey, just got back from Comicon in New York city, and loved it so much I figured I'd join some kind of e-community for otaku.

A little about me:
    I'm a writer, and I run my own online website. 99% of my stuff is free. My first book is actually a book about my life, that'll be available in BarnesAndNoble stores around the US (so I'm pretty proud about that! ^^

Since this is the introductions forum (I posted in haste, so please make amends for me to add my signature and all that). Hopefully, I can contribute a lot here. I plan on sticking around a while.

If you guys would like to read some of my work (which I'll definitely share in the literature section of this website), go to WriterWolven.com

A short link to my book is here, don't worry, it's totally free for all otaku.

http://www.writerwolven.com/journal/literature/ffr.php

Here's an official press release about it:

"- October 13 2011-

Fighting for Redemption: Hangambiiki by Mike Norton, a martial artist, veteran, and writer, is an autobiographical account of his tumultuous life, which, in a matter of 23 years, seems to have spanned a lifetime of experiences. His story chronicles his troubled childhood and his life-changing tour of duty in the United States Navy.

As a social outcast, Mike develops an imaginary friend named Nova, to whom he turns when he is faced with times of adversity that range from hospitalization for malnourishment and enduring beatings from children who did not accept his mixed heritage to a stepfather who rejected him for his differences. He recalls that he “went into the ghetto soft and proper,” but left with the “dream of becoming one of the greatest fighters the world had ever seen.”

Mike undergoes a true metamorphosis from an underweight high school freshman to a martial artist; competing in underground fight clubs and entering Navy SEAL training to become the ideal that Nova wants him to be. Through his story, readers are shown that Norton has truly accomplished his goal of becoming one of the greatest fighters the world has ever seen, fighting to overcome all of the odds that stood in his way. Norton fuses a unique combination of themes that range from child abuse and Japanese anime to military life, and, ultimately, personal growth.

Fighting for Redemption is motivated by Norton’s desire to ask for forgiveness for all of the mistakes of his life and to encourage people to think differently about the way we live our lives in everyday American culture, written with startling self-awareness and a gift for tapping into the human mind to help his readers understand the motivations of those around him. Norton’s life story will touch the hearts of his readers, and will keep them furiously turning pages from cover- to-cover as his truly intriguing tale unfolds."

If this seems like spam, I truly don't mean it to be. At all. I genuinely intend to contribute to the community with discussions about anime, manga, etc. As a matter of fact, I'm working on a web-manga right now! ^^;

Anyhow, this is me. This is what I'm about. I look forward to conversing with all of you.

ありがとうございます!!!

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

Default Re: Yo

Wow. Welcome to AF!

Interesting intro.

Enjoy.
    [Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

Senior Member .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~ has a reputation beyond repute .Miki~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts 151 - Mew 035 - Clefairy Strawberry
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 01:37 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That was pretty nifty =] I hope you enjoy your time on AF! See you around, and welcome!!!

You're like an angel from a picture book...

Member _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_'s Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2011 03:39 PM
    Threads

oh cool : )
    welcome ,ı am also new and already loved here so stay and have fun too ^^

Senior Member Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy has a reputation beyond repute Ms. Lucy's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Paint Palette
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2013 03:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wow!
    You're quite the fellow there.
    Hope your book does well at B&N.

Hallo und Wilkommen bei AF!
    (Hello and welcome to AF)
    I hope you gain many friends
    and have a wunderbar time here!
    (wonderful)
    Signature by Seung-li

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

Hey there Mike and welcome to the forum
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information