AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Boy Wants To Be A Girl Scout And Rejected

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Re: Boy Wants To Be A Girl Scout And Rejected

I do understand where you are coming from and I probably should have elaborated a little bit more. Of course there is nothing wrong with a girls hanging out with boys and visa versa, but me using the Sandlot 1 and 2 as a reference was to show how the luster of the 1 film was the ability for men to relate to a film because of their childhood experiences with their other guy friends. Then we see with the 2nd film introducing a cast of 3 girls with the boys which diluted that luster that the first film was able to give to the audience. Now, I get it, and I am not revolving my philosophy around films. This was just supposed to be a small anecdote for comedic purposes. Anyway, I think you can see where I am getting at. The boy scouts offers that quality where it is a group of boys that can be together and share experiences with each other that are unique and special than sharing it with the opposite sex. Like wise for the girl scouts.

For your point about boys being friends with girls and girls being friends with boys, that is totally fine and normal, but as for organizations, sports teams, and etc. I believe it should be gender exclusive so that those two genders are able to build off of the same sex to grow and cultivate unique experiences that are different from different sex interactions.

2. Thanks blueangel06661 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You still don't get it @International 4-8818 . It doesn't matter if a girl or two absolutely destroys the fun of a group of boys. The comfort of one girl trumps the happiness of ten boys, so they have to let her in.
    It's like "Titanic" which outsold both Sandlots. Women and children go first, men die, and we all feel warm and fuzzy about it.

teed's Puppy International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818 has a reputation beyond repute International 4-8818's Avatar
    Gil
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2020 05:11 PM
    Threads

Wio, you beat be trollinz

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by International 4-8818 View Post
    Anyway, now if you have seen the Sandlot then you must know the terrible sequel the Sandlot 2. They wanted to make the film more "PC" for this crappy era that we are in and brought a girl to cast in the film. It changed the whole dynamic of the film and the film was a flop.
    Well, it flopped because it was a crappy, unfocused, direct-to-DVD sequel to a then 12 year old movie. Adding the girl didn't help, but it wasn't the only reason why that movie flopped (save for The Sandlot, David Evans just kinda sucks at making movies).

For your point about boys being friends with girls and girls being friends with boys, that is totally fine and normal, but as for organizations, sports teams, and etc. I believe it should be gender exclusive so that those two genders are able to build off of the same sex to grow and cultivate unique experiences that are different from different sex interactions.
    I agree with that in a way. Some kids can benefit from being around other of the same sex. There some experiences one can have that only happen in same sex groups. However, while some kids can feed of the energy of kids of the same sex, others don't.

And of course, in BOTH the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts, gender exclusivity hasn't existed for many, many years now.

Not sure how many times I need to bring this up, but the Boy Scouts have the Venturing program, which is co-ed. Girls (and boys for that matter) in the Venturing program don't wear the same uniform as Boy Scouts but they wear a patch that shows their connection to the Boy Scouts. And women can be adult leaders in the Boy Scouts for all of their programs. So boys can hang out other boys, but can be lead by a woman. The same thing happens in the Girl Scouts. Men are allowed to be adult leaders.

We also have highly successful youth programs, such as Camp Fire USA and 4-H, that are entirely co-ed.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

6. Likes GameGeeks liked this post
    Member ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat has a reputation beyond repute ghostthegreat's Avatar
    Gil
    Bookworm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-06-2013 01:27 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: ghostthegreat

We might be headed to a time where boy scouts and girl scouts just merge into scouts to avoid issues like this. Not like it would matter much, they seem to do pretty much the same exact things.
    I need a new signature and I didn't know what to put, so I decided to throw this in.

Also check out my blog at http://danielkamin.wordpress.com

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Wio, you beat be trollinz
    I'm not. Our society would ruin the fun of ten boys just for the sake of political correctness.

Senior Member sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne has a reputation beyond repute sakuraAnne's Avatar
    Gil
    Angry
    Gifts Taurus Cake Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 10:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Silly boy..

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    And of course, in BOTH the Boy Scouts and the Girl Scouts, gender exclusivity hasn't existed for many, many years now.

Not sure how many times I need to bring this up, but the Boy Scouts have the Venturing program, which is co-ed. Girls (and boys for that matter) in the Venturing program don't wear the same uniform as Boy Scouts but they wear a patch that shows their connection to the Boy Scouts. And women can be adult leaders in the Boy Scouts for all of their programs. So boys can hang out other boys, but can be lead by a woman. The same thing happens in the Girl Scouts. Men are allowed to be adult leaders.

We also have highly successful youth programs, such as Camp Fire USA and 4-H, that are entirely co-ed.
    Venturing is a off shoot if anything. When people say scouting they don't mean a quasi-job training for Police/Fire/EMT/etc. Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts are both gender exclusive, including the Venture program is a technicality at best.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostthegreat View Post
    We might be headed to a time where boy scouts and girl scouts just merge into scouts to avoid issues like this. Not like it would matter much, they seem to do pretty much the same exact things.
    Girl Scouts sell good, but slightly marked up cookies. Boy Scouts sell incredibly marked up popcorn of entirely unexciting quality. The differences are irreconcilable.
    Last edited by Manhattan_Project_2000; 11-02-2011 at 09:59 PM.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan_Project_2000 View Post
    Venturing is a off shoot if anything. When people say scouting they don't mean a quasi-job training for Police/Fire/EMT/etc. Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts are both gender exclusive, including the Venture program is a technicality at best.
    *sigh* Venturing is not an "off shoot". It is a program within the BSA, the same way that the Cub Scouts is a program within the BSA. And I'm not sure where the "quasi-job training" thing is coming from since some of the skills that are taught in Venturing are same ones taught in higher level Boy Scout training.

And while the Boy Scouts (including the Cub Scouts) are gender exclusive for the most part (as I mentioned, Venturing is part of the Boy Scouts), the leaders can still be of either gender.
    This is my war face.

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    *sigh* Venturing is not an "off shoot". It is a program within the BSA, the same way that the Cub Scouts is a program within the BSA.
    When people say scouting, they mean Cub/Boy Scouts. Venturing is pretty obscure, and nowhere near as popular.

To use an analogy, I say that Department of Treasury members don't carry guns, but you point out the Secret Services is apart of the DoT. The problem is almost no one means the Secret Service when they are talking about the DoT.

And I'm not sure where the "quasi-job training" thing is coming from since some of the skills that are taught in Venturing are same ones taught in higher level Boy Scout training.
    Almost all Venture groups are centered around a profession. The one related to my Boy Scout troop was Police oriented, and focused on that. They give you training in whatever profession they are associated with. They also go on camping trips, but that's not their day-to-day focus and is really the only similarity (unless you want to go by mission statement stuff like "molding young people into fine upstanding adults").

And while the Boy Scouts (including the Cub Scouts) are gender exclusive for the most part (as I mentioned, Venturing is part of the Boy Scouts), the leaders can still be of either gender.
    Female Boy Scout leaders are exceedingly rare, and female Cub Scout leaders are pretty common. However, I'm not even sure why you are mentioning this as it is just another technicality, an 8 year old girl can not get into the BSA's Cub Scouts and a 12 year old girl can not get into the BSA's Boy Scouts.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

When people say scouting, they mean Cub/Boy Scouts. Venturing is pretty obscure, and nowhere near as popular.

To use an analogy, I say that Department of Treasury members don't carry guns, but you point out the Secret Services is apart of the DoT. The problem is almost no one means the Secret Service when they are talking about the DoT.
    Two problems with that analogy. First of all, the United States Secret Service is not part of the the Department of the Treasury (and its acronym is not DoT) and hasn't been for several years now; its part of the Department of Homeland Security. Second, if someone WERE to generalize the Department of the Treasury (before the restructuring) by saying that NONE of their members carry guns, but didn't know that US Secret Service was part of that department at the time, their statement would be wrong. They may not have been thinking about the US Secret Service at the time, but that doesn't stop that fact that they used to be under the same organization. The generalization was still wrong, despite how they associate the US Secret Service.

By that same token, if someone were to say that there are absolutely NO girls in the BSA, they would be wrong, because the co-ed Venturing program is part of the BSA. They may not have been thinking about the program when someone else says "scouting" (which would be rather awkward; "scouting" is EXTREMELY broad), but it still falls under the BSA. Hell, if someone were to say that BSA doesn't do anything with boats and sailing (that they exclusively camp in the woods), they would STILL be wrong because the BSA has Sea Scouting.

Almost all Venture groups are centered around a profession.
    No they are not. They can be sponsored by an organization or profession, but not every group focuses on any one profession. The fact that your local Venturing group "focuses" on police activities most likely means that they get support from the local police; it certainly doesn't mean that "almost all Venture groups are centered around a profession" (fallacy, much?). What the group does is dependent on the decisions of the members and the youth and adult leaders. They will choose a specialty to focus on (e.g. camping, community service), but this specialty isn't always a profession.

Female Boy Scout leaders are exceedingly rare, and female Cub Scout leaders are pretty common. However, I'm not even sure why you are mentioning this as it is just another technicality, an 8 year old girl can not get into the BSA's Cub Scouts and a 12 year old girl can not get into the BSA's Boy Scouts.
    I keep mentioning it because some people keep insisting that the BSA and the Girl Scouts are ENTIRELY for one gender; this isn't true, and hasn't been for years. Venturing and the presence of female leaders in the BSA may be a "technicality" but it breaks the generalization. Again, to say that the BSA is ONLY for boys is still wrong.

Here's may main point: I'm not saying that the BSA or the Girl Scouts should be letting in kids of the opposite sex join their organization all willy nilly, but if the Girl Scouts want to be inclusive and allow transgender boys to join, that's their decision as a private organization. To say that either organization SHOULD be catering to ONLY one gender is a little late (since neither organization has been truly gender exclusive for many years).
    This is my war face.

Closed Thread

Thread Information