AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: the game that gave me the chills

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Silent Hill

12 57.14%
  • Fatal Frame

7 33.33%
  • Resident Evil

3 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which game is the scariest for you?? >:]

Hybrid View

Senior Member Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2012 07:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default which game is the scariest for you?? >:]

Click image for larger version

Name:	silent-hill-poster.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	52109 Click image for larger version

Name:	Resident-evil-fear-words.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	52110 Click image for larger version

Name:	Fatal_Frame_Coverart.png
Views:	21
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	52111
    Silent Hill Resident Evil Fatal Frame

as for me, silent hill will always be the number one. the first time i saw my brother played it, i couldn't sleep for weeks. those weird-looking creatures got stuck in my head. i just love how creative team silent is or perhaps was? the new SH are totally different now and sadly...i never liked any of it. oh my..i got carried away. let me hear your opinions guys!

please feel free to include other games that you think are better than these three. thanks guys!
    Last edited by Loxaerion; 10-25-2011 at 06:25 AM.

Senior Member Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin has a reputation beyond repute Saracin's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-27-2013 03:37 PM
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Saracin PSN ID: Saracin651

Default Re: which game is the scariest for you?? >:]

I agree Silent Hill hasn't been the same in a while. It really hit its peak with Silent Hill 2. Fatal Frame is probably the scariest games I've played. They do a good job of keeping you on the edge of your seat, without any of the cheap stuff just popping up in front of you like Resident Evil would pull.

2 franchises that also come to mind are F.E.A.R. and Condemned, both from Monolith. They both do a good job, although I think Condemned is better since my belief is that messing with a person's head is scarier than just blood and guts. One other game I found to be a good bit of horror was Siren. Honestly I had to cheat my donkey off to beat it since the combat engine was really bad, but the story really messed with you and kept you confused for most of the game.

And the scariest game for me of all time is Clock Tower for the PSOne. While it may have been a point and click game, I don't think there's anyone who hasn't played it that doesn't remember how great the Scissorman was. Truly a classic, and while the sequels were good in their own way, this was the best for me.

Senior Member Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion has a reputation beyond repute Loxaerion's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

gee. i felt stupid when i read your list. how could i forget those three?? anyway, i look forward to watching the walkthrough of these games in youtube. i seriously dont have the guts to play any of it. HAHAHA. thank you for this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracin View Post
    I agree Silent Hill hasn't been the same in a while. It really hit its peak with Silent Hill 2. Fatal Frame is probably the scariest games I've played. They do a good job of keeping you on the edge of your seat, without any of the cheap stuff just popping up in front of you like Resident Evil would pull.

2 franchises that also come to mind are F.E.A.R. and Condemned, both from Monolith. They both do a good job, although I think Condemned is better since my belief is that messing with a person's head is scarier than just blood and guts. One other game I found to be a good bit of horror was Siren. Honestly I had to cheat my donkey off to beat it since the combat engine was really bad, but the story really messed with you and kept you confused for most of the game.

And the scariest game for me of all time is Clock Tower for the PSOne. While it may have been a point and click game, I don't think there's anyone who hasn't played it that doesn't remember how great the Scissorman was. Truly a classic, and while the sequels were good in their own way, this was the best for me.

Member kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar has a brilliant future kaspar's Avatar
    Gil
    Approved
    Gifts Paint Palette Systems NES Controller
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-12-2012 09:06 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: kaspar1313 Steam ID: kaspar_13

Silent Hill!!!

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Silent Hill for the wiin!!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaspar View Post
    Silent Hill!!!

There's nothing new Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000 has a reputation beyond repute Manhattan_Project_2000's Avatar
    Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2011 11:27 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Katamari Damacywiki.
    Ehhh, I dunno if I'll stick around. We'll see.

The List of Hate, My self-indulgent journal-thing.
    Last Post:
    Video Vomit 05/11/11

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

None of the above.

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Mary Kate and Ashley: Crush Course.

Senior Member The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Cinderella Decepticons Scorpio
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2016 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

OMG that does sound scary Ryu!!! but i don't really fear any video game <.< >.> i've watched my dad play all 3 F.E.A.R. games and sure there was startling part but yeah RE isn't that bad i like it i get to be serial killer without killing real ppl^-^ of course i still need 2 play silent hill......
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Senior Member jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards has a reputation beyond repute jamesedwards's Avatar
    Studly
    Gifts Pink Ribbon Radioactive Toast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2011 05:24 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jamesedwards259

I'm sorry, but minecraft is clearly the scariest game out there. Those creepers give me the chills. (trolling)

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The Nana Ryu View Post
    OMG that does sound scary Ryu!!! but i don't really fear any video game <.< >.> i've watched my dad play all 3 F.E.A.R. games and sure there was startling part but yeah RE isn't that bad i like it i get to be serial killer without killing real ppl^-^ of course i still need 2 play silent hill......
    Your dad plays F.E.A.R, thats awesome. My dads plays the most boring games, like boat simulators. *yawn*

Senior Member The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu has a reputation beyond repute The Nana Ryu's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Cinderella Decepticons Scorpio
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2016 01:25 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Jamesedwards i pity and feel sorry for you but hey you may learn to drive a boat!! ^-^ yeah i know so not spectacular...
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Senior Member TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami has a reputation beyond repute TomoyoSakagami's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-18-2014 10:13 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: BishounenTao PSN ID: BishieShu XFIRE ID: snx21 Steam ID: BishieShu

Now that you mentioned it in your post, I remember playing Fatal Frame 4 on the Wii.

I played it when it was pitched black and it was bloody scary, honesltly. I had alot of fun with it and the story was interesting so it's certainly worth a play.
    ざわ。。。ざわ
    MyAnimeList
    HummingBird
    Anilist

Senior Member FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango has a reputation beyond repute FluffyDango's Avatar
    Gil
    Gay
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-21-2017 02:41 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Haven`t played any of those, but I`ve played Silent Hill 4: The Room and it was pretty scary at that time.
    It`s so long and lots of puzzles with ghosts and monsters that makes scary noices :P I couldn`t even finish it, but that was becaus I was missing some kind of a key to get passed a door. I did not want to back track so I gave up :P

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

haha! yeah! SH4 has a lot of tricky puzzles. you have to go back to the other world, then back to your apartment, then back again to the hunted world...sometimes you'd even pick an item that will get your apartment more cursed. i remember my brother played it and he had a walkthrough beside him cause he said he doesn't want to get a headache trying to solve those puzzles..what i love more bout SH is even if you solved the puzzles and stuffs, you still have to wait for the ending. the good ending in SH4 is worth the effort though. you should try it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Haven`t played any of those, but I`ve played Silent Hill 4: The Room and it was pretty scary at that time.
    It`s so long and lots of puzzles with ghosts and monsters that makes scary noices :P I couldn`t even finish it, but that was becaus I was missing some kind of a key to get passed a door. I did not want to back track so I gave up :P

Senior Member Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Ice Ornament Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2012 06:31 PM
    Threads

Fatal Frame is more scary for me, since ghost games usually makes me imagine I'm being watched after I turn off the game.
    Silent Hill and Resident Evil never made me feel that way. They are fun, but not scary at all. Fatal Frame keeps me tense the whole time playing, I can only relax when it's paused heheh

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i know the feeling! especially when you're all alone at night in your bedroom...i never got the chance to watch the whole fatal frame but i kinda expect it to be really freaky especially for people who are afraid of ghosts like me. haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Videlreyes View Post
    Fatal Frame is more scary for me, since ghost games usually makes me imagine I'm being watched after I turn off the game.
    Silent Hill and Resident Evil never made me feel that way. They are fun, but not scary at all. Fatal Frame keeps me tense the whole time playing, I can only relax when it's paused heheh

Member symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2014 12:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fearroi PSN ID: Symphofear Steam ID: Symphofear

Quote Originally Posted by Loxaerion View Post
    i know the feeling! especially when you're all alone at night in your bedroom...i never got the chance to watch the whole fatal frame but i kinda expect it to be really freaky especially for people who are afraid of ghosts like me. haha
    LOL guess what? Actually i love to scare myself by playing such games alone at night! but everytime stop half way XD

Junior Member Xmo is on a distinguished road Xmo's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2011 07:54 AM
    Threads

Can I nominate Amnesia: The Dark Descent? I cried buckets.

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

SAME HERE!! hahaha. but i never even got the chance to last 10 minutes without pausing the game and looking everywhere (especially the windows. afraid that someone might already be watching me. haha)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fear Roi Kx View Post
    LOL guess what? Actually i love to scare myself by playing such games alone at night! but everytime stop half way XD

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

yes of course! i watched the walkthrough in youtube but i didn't finish it cause some of the links are missing. why did you cry? does it have a sad ending??
    Quote Originally Posted by Xmo View Post
    Can I nominate Amnesia: The Dark Descent? I cried buckets.

Junior Member Xmo is on a distinguished road Xmo's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-03-2011 07:54 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Loxaerion View Post
    [/COLOR]yes of course! i watched the walkthrough in youtube but i didn't finish it cause some of the links are missing. why did you cry? does it have a sad ending??
    I cried buckets because I was way too scared to continue or in some cases I was so afraid after running away that I was tearing up. It is a hilarious game though,
    >

Member symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear is a jewel in the rough symphofear's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-08-2014 12:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: fearroi PSN ID: Symphofear Steam ID: Symphofear

I guess for me is still F.E.A.R, all 1,2 and 3! But I heard dead space was also crazily scary, didnt had chance to play it =X

Senior Member Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes has a reputation beyond repute Videlreyes's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Rainbow Ribbon Ice Ornament Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-17-2012 06:31 PM
    Threads

Oh yeah! Dead Space is scary too, with its creepy music and monsters getting up and attacking when I thought they were dead..

Senior Member LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo has a reputation beyond repute LittleMomo's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Gifts Manekineko Kill Bill Katana 133 - Eevee
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-15-2014 09:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Fatal Frame games (especially 4) have been scary and funny for some reason. Silent Hill 2 was freaky, anything else above that was a bit blah. F.E.A.R 2 (I love FEAR and FEAR 3 but 2 was better) freaked me out and yet my sister watches me play and laughs. Bioshock got me also (*hint* I powered up *turn around*) when playing in the dark. I guess there's no love to the Grudge Haunted House simulation game either for the wii lol. That game was very scary.
    Careful, I don't take you lightly.
    Sig set made by Daken

Gil
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

i looked up at the the grudge hunted house simulation game in google. daaamn. dont wanna even try to look at it in youtube. looks reaaally scaary!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMomo View Post
    Fatal Frame games (especially 4) have been scary and funny for some reason. Silent Hill 2 was freaky, anything else above that was a bit blah. F.E.A.R 2 (I love FEAR and FEAR 3 but 2 was better) freaked me out and yet my sister watches me play and laughs. Bioshock got me also (*hint* I powered up *turn around*) when playing in the dark. I guess there's no love to the Grudge Haunted House simulation game either for the wii lol. That game was very scary.
    Last edited by Loxaerion; 11-11-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Senior Member sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1 has a reputation beyond repute sweetdaddydee1's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Systems PS3 Ferrari 456 GT2 Laptop
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

resident evil.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information