AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do You Believe In Revenge or Karma?

Senior Member Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Typewriter Dolphin Systems PS3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-01-2014 08:48 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do You Believe In Revenge or Karma?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Sena View Post
    Who can say "karma," as you call it, may one day in the future bite back on Obama and the murderous SEALs that did their diry work, along with the rebels that did their thing on Kadafi?

"Murderous SEALs" .. I take that very offensively being a Marine. I can't believe you just said that. Seal Team 6, did their job, they killed a man who laid countless people to rest. I applaud, Seal Team 6. May they rest in peace.

I'm curious, what would you do if had, Gaddafi or Osama captured? Would you hold a trial, read him his rights, give him a bed and food to eat? Cause I'm almost 100% sure they wouldn't show our POW's that kindness. They would execute them and move on.

Also, anyone who questioned Osama's fate, needs their head examined. He is just another person who received 'Karma'. Universal justice.

2. Dislikes Robin Sena disliked this post
    4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    "Murderous SEALs" .. I take that very offensively being a Marine. I can't believe you just said that. Seal Team 6, did their job, they killed a man who laid countless people to rest. I applaud, Seal Team 6. May they rest in peace.
    They did so without permission on the sovereign soil of a country the US is not at war with. This is pretty much the textbook definition of murder, namely "unlawful killing".

I'm curious, what would you do if had, Gaddafi or Osama captured? Would you hold a trial, read him his rights, give him a bed and food to eat? Cause I'm almost 100% sure they wouldn't show our POW's that kindness. They would execute them and move on.
    Prisoners of war should be treated according to the Geneva convention (which, among other things, means you can't gun down surrendering enemies). Failing to do so is a war crime. War criminals are tried in the war crimes tribunal in Hague. Even if the enemy does not respect the Geneva convention, there is no reason to stoop to their level. In fact, doing so is surrendering any sort of moral high-ground you may have in the conflict, turning you into yet another uncivilized brute.

Also, anyone who questioned Osama's fate, needs their head examined. He is just another person who received 'Karma'. Universal justice.
    He was assassinated without trial. That is not karma. That is not justice. That is barbarism, and a grave breach of the Geneva convention, which guarantees war criminals the right to a trial.

It's important to realize that you can't stop savagery by stooping to the savage's level. Even if the savage dies, this means you shoulder his blood stained cloak, and now it's you that is the barbarian. Savagery can only be defeated with civilized behavior. This includes staying your sword and granting the criminals due process.
    Last edited by Eris; 10-22-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

4. Thanks Robin Sena thanked for this post
    Likes Robin Sena liked this post
    Senior Member Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It's natural to want revenge, but in the end, it really only makes things a lot worse. So, can't say I believe in Karma, either.

6. Thanks Robin Sena thanked for this post
    Likes Robin Sena liked this post
    STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2016 11:55 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    They did so without permission on the sovereign soil of a country the US is not at war with. This is pretty much the textbook definition of murder, namely "unlawful killing".

Prisoners of war should be treated according to the Geneva convention (which, among other things, means you can't gun down surrendering enemies). Failing to do so is a war crime. War criminals are tried in the war crimes tribunal in Hague. Even if the enemy does not respect the Geneva convention, there is no reason to stoop to their level. In fact, doing so is surrendering any sort of moral high-ground you may have in the conflict, turning you into yet another uncivilized brute.

He was assassinated without trial. That is not karma. That is not justice. That is barbarism, and a grave breach of the Geneva convention, which guarantees war criminals the right to a trial.

It's important to realize that you can't stop savagery by stooping to the savage's level. Even if the savage dies, this means you shoulder his blood stained cloak, and now it's you that is the barbarian. Savagery can only be defeated with civilized behavior. This includes staying your sword and granting the criminals due process.
    My sentiments exactly. Kudos for what you said, Eris. It's also how wars get started and it continues the cycle.
    Last edited by Robin Sena; 10-22-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    320 years have passed since the coven sank into the dark

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Here's something from my blog:
    http://www.animeforum.com/blog.php?1...y-Special-Blog

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    - I do belive in both revenge and in karma.

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

I do. I went outside in the unkown world, I did things as I pleased and got backstabbed.
    Though there are some things that happen to me in a negative way that I can't explain.
    Sometimes I tend to think I'm ''just'' unlucky, though I hope I can change it to something positive.
    Karma... yes. I will give you an example.
    I wanted someone badly... just to be with someone: I get jerks.
    I don't look for someone and live carefully: I find this amazing guy who is sincere with me.
    That thought me a lot. Be sincere to others, they will be sincere also.

Senior Member Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium has a reputation beyond repute Equilibrium's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Under the United Nations Charter we are prohibitted from using force insde Pakistan without their consent.. Here is the catch.. The host country is both capable and willing to deal with problems itself. The U.S. was justified in concluding that Pakistan was unwilling or unable to stop the threat posed by Osama bin Laden, and that Pakistan's consent was not necessary.

Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions, if someone is "hors de combat," or "outside the fight," then targeting even military objectives is a war crime. In other words, "Under the laws of war, you are allowed to target enemy fighters unless they are clearly surrendering or are disabled by injury.

He showed no sign of surrendering they said.

Osama and Al Qaeda are stateless combatants, in that they are claimed by no nation-state nor so they claim to be part of any. As such it is difficult to really apply legal concepts such as those in the Geneva Convention.

Under international law, bin Laden is an enemy combatant. Shooting bin Laden is legal because it was not an "assassination" of a political leader but the killing of a military commander at best as part of an operation i.e. in a military combat. And, in a military combat, an enemy can be lawfully killed even if he is unarmed.
    Last edited by Equilibrium; 10-23-2011 at 04:33 PM.

11. Dislikes Robin Sena disliked this post
    STN-J Witch Hunter Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena has a reputation beyond repute Robin Sena's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

So much for The Geneva Convention.

Seriously though, did Jesus seek revenge on Herodias and Herod as well as the axman when John The Baptist lost his head? Did Jesus seek revenge on the Romans when they first scouraged, then crucified him? He could've done all that, but no--he said, "Father, forgive them, for they not know what they're doing." Nor was there such a belief on karma at hand for that matter. As such, I would not kill people. Nor would I harm them. I would rather lay down my life than take another's. You know, Jesus could have killed everyone who was after Him. He could have ousted the Romans and taken over the world. He could have lived forever imposing the Truth on everyone. That's what a lot of the Jews wanted. That's what the devil tempted Him with. Instead He died. What's with that? Well, if that's what Christ chose to do, that's what I'll do. Instead of turning to revenge and karma.
    Last edited by Robin Sena; 10-22-2011 at 07:24 PM.

I may have been born in The United States, but running through my veins is 70,000% UK blood.

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yes, I believe in Kharma, and I believe in Dharma ("points" being added up from your previous life and used to help decide your situation when born into the next) as well. I try to live by two philosophical rules. 1.) "E'er mind the Rule of Three, for what you do comes back to thee;" and 2.) "If it harm none, do what you will." Basically, treat others how you would like to be treated, and if it has no effect on your life, leave be -- read: as long as the people involved are consenting adults, then I don't really concern myself with it.

Revenge is different. That would have to depend upon the situation. For example: A man kills another man for the pure sport of it. The dead man did nothing wrong except to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The killer then brags about killing the other man, purely as a means to make a name for himself. I think that the killer should then be put down on the spot. After all, we do similar to dogs and other animals that attack and even kill people and other animals for no real obvious reason other than they felt like it.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Under the United Nations Charter we are prohibitted from using force insde Pakistan without their consent.. UNLESS.. The host country is both capable and willing to deal with problems itself. The U.S. was justified in concluding that Pakistan was unwilling or unable to stop the threat posed by Osama bin Laden, and that Pakistan's consent was not necessary.

Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions, if someone is "hors de combat," or "outside the fight," then targeting even military objectives is a war crime. In other words, "Under the laws of war, you are allowed to target enemy fighters unless they are clearly surrendering or are disabled by injury.

He showed no sign of surrendering they said.

Osama and Al Qaeda are stateless combatants, in that they are claimed by no nation-state nor so they claim to be part of any. As such it is difficult to really apply legal concepts such as those in the Geneva Convention.

Under international law, bin Laden is an enemy combatant. Shooting bin Laden is legal because it was not an "assassination" of a political leader but the killing of a military commander at best as part of an operation i.e. in a military combat. And, in a military combat, an enemy can be lawfully killed even if he is unarmed.
    And who can say, on the subject of karma, that karma may one day get back at Osama and the said SEALs, in the distant future?

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

And who can say, on the subject of karma, that karma may one day get back at Osama and the said SEALs, in the distant future?
    Well, the Seal's who entered the compound and killed, Osama, have allegedly been killed in a plane accident. But that could just be a cover up to protect them from retaliation.

As for, Obama.. I can't really say he deserves any kind of, Karma. He is just doing what he thinks is best for our country.

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

As for, Obama.. I can't really say he deserves any kind of, Karma. He is just doing what he thinks is best for our country.
    Some people could really argue with you about that one.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marvel_phoenix View Post
    Some people could really argue with you about that one.
    Meh, I'm talking about killing, Osama. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

(COPPA) Users Awaiting Moderation Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't believe in karma as a supernatural force as I am not a Budist by religion. I believe SOMETIMES something will happen to get a person back in the end but that usually comes from a person being cocky and getting bolder in what they do bad until someone finally catches them and the law dishes out the prescribed punishment. Alternatively it can come from a person making someone else ticked off and then they get revenge on the offending party. However I do not practice revenge myself as I believe getting revenge to be a sin. The only revenge that SHOULD happen is that which is dished out by God (in the Bible there's a verse which states "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the Lord") , but that's not "karma" as it isn't on an "action by action" basis. God punishes those who don't believe in Christ by sending them to hell, and by saving those who do believe in Christ by letting them get into Heaven. He doesn't in modern times exact revenge for each sin that a person commits (if he did, as he did in the Old Testament, then that would be a form of "karma" though I prefer to not use that word as it is specifically relating to the Budist religion).

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, the Seal's who entered the compound and killed, Osama, have allegedly been killed in a plane accident. But that could just be a cover up to protect them from retaliation.

As for, Obama.. I can't really say he deserves any kind of, Karma. He is just doing what he thinks is best for the nation.
    I heard from the news the ones that died weren't the ones that went to Pakistan.
    Last edited by Robin Sena; 10-23-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Gil
    Cloud_9
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I heard from the news the ones that died weren't the ones that went to Pakistan.

Again, it could be a cover up for their own protection. Not to mention, Seal Team 6, is made up of more then.. I think 80 or so members. So it's really hard to say, without knowing the names of the, Seals who killed, Osama.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44043847...d-afghanistan/

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That makes sense; the irony is all that can't protect them from car crashes, cancer, food poisoning, robbery related muders, drugs, suicide, domestic murder or accident, nor plane crashes, and to top ot off, getting killed in action in a future mission--another example of karma.

Pity they don't get to have ticker tape parades, let alone the talk show circuit.
    Last edited by Robin Sena; 10-23-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

i kinda believe in both.
    exacting revenge/punishment on someone that deserves it...... is good karma
    "If you talk to God, you are praying. If God talks to you, you have schizophrenia."

Junior Member animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315 has much to be proud of animangachik315's Avatar
    Gil
    Blah
    Gifts K-on Pick Heart Headphones
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-26-2012 12:11 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: DemonButler666

karma.

thank you momo!!!!!haha and thank you illu!
    check out this song!!!
    http://www.im.tv/vlog/personal/361488/7193622
    its by theses hotties!!

Member _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_ has a reputation beyond repute _morphine_'s Avatar
    Gil
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2011 03:39 PM
    Threads

believe in karma and coffee : p
    seriously Karma is best

Senior Member Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia has a reputation beyond repute Hypatia's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2019 09:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Revenge usually causing more trouble and does not help with anything.
    I believe that everything you do comes back to you. So basically I'm for Karma

Closed Thread

Thread Information