AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some of my clay art

Junior Member LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2011 06:41 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Some of my clay art

Some of my clay artworks I made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	63790_431397650980_575665980_5707575_5801067_n.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	51888Click image for larger version

Name:	39612_430749045980_575665980_5694825_3932795_n.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	51887Click image for larger version

Name:	46992_430749090980_575665980_5694826_6364784_n.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	51886Click image for larger version

Name:	39538_430748715980_575665980_5694820_1575717_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	51885Click image for larger version

Name:	33465_430748765980_575665980_5694821_6225703_n.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	51884Click image for larger version

Name:	36060_431397500980_575665980_5707573_1325817_n.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	51883Click image for larger version

Name:	62951_431397445980_575665980_5707572_1199487_n.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	51882

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Some of my clay art

Lol, these are so great! xD

But I would recommend you, until next time, to "warm up" the clay some more with your hands and while working with it have more "wet" fingers / hands [but not to much!] - that way it doesn't get as much marks after for fingers and thsu gives the figures a more smoooooth surface. Also, take your time while painting them, I see some dots here and there that doesn't have any colour or where the colours have went in to one another. Take your time while working with clay, just like you should do with what ever art form you are working with. There is no rush at all! The only person desiding the time over it is yourself. So take your time and advance, that way working with clay will become more and more fun!

But again, such a amazing theme these ones have! They really put a smile on my face! Well done!
    I like your style! ~

Edit: also, great choice of colour on the tongue in the last picture. Did you blend that shade yourself? Really well done.
    Last edited by SuXrys; 10-20-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Junior Member LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres has a brilliant future LordAres's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Huh, sounds cool, wasn't really sure how to avoid those fingerprints all over the place. Never thought about just using water :P
    I don't believe I mixed for Boo's tongue color, but Boo was definitely one of the best ones I made after I tried baking other parts separately like the teeth and tongue so I can paint them a lot better and super glue them in.
    The Goomba was my first project and kind of went at it without doing any research and ended up making it out 3 lbs. of solid clay making it heavier then bullet bill.
    I do really appreciate the constructive criticism and will post my new project when I can get around to finishing it.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LordAres View Post
    Huh, sounds cool, wasn't really sure how to avoid those fingerprints all over the place. Never thought about just using water :P
    I don't believe I mixed for Boo's tongue color, but Boo was definitely one of the best ones I made after I tried baking other parts separately like the teeth and tongue so I can paint them a lot better and super glue them in.
    The Goomba was my first project and kind of went at it without doing any research and ended up making it out 3 lbs. of solid clay making it heavier then bullet bill.
    I do really appreciate the constructive criticism and will post my new project when I can get around to finishing it.
    ... Super glued? O_o Oh darling what are you saying? Why just not making the whole figure in one piece from the start? It isn't that hard to get around and paint even teeth, if you take your time with it. Besides, it does also looks better in a close up since you don't see any traces of glue then. Trying without the glue next time perhaps?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well been trying out different techniques. That was the first time I tried using glue and seemed to turn out pretty well. Working on making Bowser. A lot more complicated then anything I've ever made so we'll just have to see how it turns out, definitely going to take some time and going to work on avoiding fingerprints.
    Any ideas for bulking? Normally use tin foil but been wondering if there's something a little easier to work with that I can use.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Any ideas for bulking? Normally use tin foil but been wondering if there's something a little easier to work with that I can use.

Bulking? Im not sure what you mean right now.
    I don't know what the word bulking means (english isn't my mothertounge).

Care to explain what you mean, but in other words and in some easier english?
    Just for my sake?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Well I use tin foil in the center of my sculptures so I don't have to waste a lot of clay in the middle, saves me a lot of money on clay and makes the sculptures a lot lighter. But tin foil is a bit of a pain for shaping so just wondering if you know of anything better to use.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well I use tin foil in the center of my sculptures so I don't have to waste a lot of clay in the middle, saves me a lot of money on clay and makes the sculptures a lot lighter. But tin foil is a bit of a pain for shaping so just wondering if you know of anything better to use.

Ah.

Isn't it just possible that you have a hole into the figure at the figures bottom?
    I don't see how the tin foil is needed.

When I have been working with clay I have just had a 'hole' straight into it starting from it's bottom (so you don't see it when it's placed).
    That's all that I have been doing, but maybe I have been doing the wrong thing? x)

I havn't made any bigger figures, just small ones so....

<--- "kind of" like this.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Ah. Never made a sculpture like that, not even sure how to make one like that. Good news is Bowser is coming along decently, just gotta figure out how to keep his head from falling off.

Junior Member Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity has a reputation beyond repute Pure Lucidity's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Gifts Coffee Red
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-10-2012 12:40 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My son really loved your clay sculptures! He loved the the little bomb bomb the best!

Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Thanks! I really liked making Bob-Omb and love how he turned out, might plan on making a new one sometime and fix his balance a little better. I had to put his feet back a lot more then I really wanted to just to keep him from falling backwards.

Senior Member Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon_Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Cheerful
    Gifts 007 - Squirtle 258 - Mudkip Gabumon
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2024 12:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@LordAres : Very nice work! I especially like that you modeled the clay after Nintendo game characters and such...

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi has a reputation beyond repute Chigumi's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Aria Neko Jigsaw Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-24-2013 02:33 PM
    Somewhere between sparkle bunnies and pinkish kittens.
    Threads

The cactus one is so hilarious. Wow these are super.
    I don't know anything about clay, but I do know I suck at it.
    And I think you are doing a great job!
    Just a little too much of pokemon or something like that.
    Id love to see something that you entirely created :3

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information