AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First time cosplayer! Glump??

Junior Member PandorasPanda is on a distinguished road PandorasPanda's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2011 08:40 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default First time cosplayer! Glump??

Hello everyone!

I'm going to Otakon 2011 and it's my first convention EVER!! And I've never Cosplayed before, so I was wondering if it would count as cosplay if I went in a kigurumi? I mean it's Japanese and all, but I don't really have anything else. (It's a panda btw) Also... I've heard this word almost EVERYWHERE! And I need to know what it means!! It's a "Glump"? I think that's how you spell it....

Thanks guys!!

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: First time cosplayer! Glump??

Im sure it's okey. There're even people who doesn't dress up at all so I can't even imagine how it even could be be "not okey" for you to wear that. So you will most defently be dressed up as something. But im not sure about that cosplaying part... Not sure what the "rules" says. But hey, you will atleast look darn cute in it!

Thihi ~ <3

Hey thinking about it! Can't you just add some details to that "panda outfit" of yours and go as Po from Kung Fu Panda? Then you can just play that "kung fu fighting!" song on your mobile phone or so while making some "kung fu moves". Maybe that's something you could do?

Still, even if you don't, don't worry to much of how you do or doesn't look. For the first it's your first time going to an event like that and second.. you know, just focus on having fun. That's the most important part! Have fun going there.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

3. Thanks PandorasPanda thanked for this post
    Junior Member craftofboredom is on a distinguished road craftofboredom's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2011 02:39 PM
    Threads

Hello!x I don't think it matters what you go as! I just went to my first Comic Con this weekend and I was really nervous about wearing a maid outfit! As soon as I got there, I didn't feel odd in the slightest because you find a bit of everything! there was even a bear!!! And he was giving FREE HUGS!x Honestly, just go and wear what you feel like wearing!x And plus, Panda's are cute!x

Junior Member Hari Kari is on a distinguished road Hari Kari's Avatar
    Gil
    Festive
    Gifts Hot Chocolate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2012 04:49 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by craftofboredom View Post
    Hello!x I don't think it matters what you go as! I just went to my first Comic Con this weekend and I was really nervous about wearing a maid outfit! As soon as I got there, I didn't feel odd in the slightest because you find a bit of everything! there was even a bear!!! And he was giving FREE HUGS!x Honestly, just go and wear what you feel like wearing!x And plus, Panda's are cute!x
    I definitely agree with craftofboredom. I dressed up as pikachu for my first cosplay convention, that was the cheapest I could afford for that time lol and it didn't really look as "fancy" as the other cosplayers but it didn't matter to me, I still enjoyed it

Member Miss_Strawberry has a spectacular aura about Miss_Strawberry has a spectacular aura about Miss_Strawberry's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Decepticons
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-27-2012 11:29 AM
    Threads

I was scared to go to my first convention, and it was a tiny one at that! Once I found everyone there I wasent so scared anymore. That was six years ago. Cosplaying can range from anything that you find in your closet that you throw togeather to look like a character, or a panda. From simple to the complicated. Cosplaying has absolutly no limits. Ive seen humanized My little Ponies to complicated Gundam suits. As long as you are happy with it, that is all that matters. There are no rules when it comes down to it.

Now your meaning glomp? That my friend is when someone runs upto you and tackle hugs you. I personally dont like it if I am in costume. I take pride in my work and dont want people wrecking what Ive made. Though I dont mind it so much when I am not in costume. Then people can glomp me to thier hearts delight. Now personally have I ever glomped someone? Not at an anime convention or anything of those sorts but I have a friend in school just to be silly.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information