AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Leaving

Cute Member Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Heart Camera Dslr Venus Crystal Henshin Pen
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 04:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Leaving

You know, I've had a lot of AF members come to me saying how "dead" AF is now and how it's not as fun or something. My reaction to it was "really? OuO" Lol, I always have fun coming here and I think it's good that we're a smaller community than other forums because the a lot of active members get to know each other. I remember some members saying they loved how it was last year. Pssft, stop living in the past. :P

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Masta K View Post
    That's not what I mean, NF gets 500 members every day and this forum gets berely 20.

If someone were to look for an Anime Forum and they search "anime forum". I think AF would appear instead of NF yet NF is 10x more populated than AF.
    That's exactly how I found AF. I wasn't even looking particularly for an anime-based forum though I knew people who liked anime were fun to talk too and it was a chance to use a lot of my emoticons. *^* \^0^/

..lol. But yeah. :3
    Last edited by Uta-chan~; 09-29-2011 at 05:25 PM.
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    |Kaitou$|Daken :'D|Neuko's Pokemon Trainer|
    |AF onii-chan: Jump_for_Luck||dark_butterfly's mommy|
    |Elphaba's Penguin|Proud daughter of Aleyna and Anuket|
    ~ ♥ ~

2. Likes Xeyuzio liked this post
    Dislikes Hanamaru Kunikida disliked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marvel_phoenix View Post
    Maybe the Twitter is partially to blame for the necrosis?
    Urgh.. don't talk about twitter, I have never understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uta<3 View Post
    Hey, this thread is getting a lot of posts~~~ *-*
    Hahah! Are seeing that aswell, but isn't that great? ^^
    Then a certain someone *cough cough @Chef Masta K cough* wont have anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideki Motosuwa. View Post
    Okay, this forum site isn't totally rude. However, you have to admit there are times when people are rude to each other.

Perhaps so. Let's see... well, there was this guy named Akira whom gave me problems back in 2008, another guy with a wrestler for his avatar always quoted me with something negative to say. And we all know the resident jerk here named lil' McDoom. His whole existence here seems to be getting a reaction out of other members by posting nonsensical responses. I know they're just jokes sometimes, but that stuff can get repetitive and annoying.

So there are a few examples. However, two thirds of my examples are of people who gave me a hard time in the past. Today's Misc posters do seem a bit nicer.
    I know who lilMcDom is but I really don't think his comments are that "much". So that people are leaving, judging from the posts I have seen by him, I really don't understand. Some posts are little over the top, but most of them I don't think is so harmfull. Why not ignore them if you think they are too much?

Last edited by SuXrys; 09-29-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

That's not what I mean, NF gets 500 members every day and this forum gets berely 20.

If someone were to look for an Anime Forum and they search "anime forum". I think AF would appear instead of NF yet NF is 10x more populated than AF.
    AF does appear first than NF, I don't even see NF on the first page of Google. I think the problem with the difference between AF and NF is more people who watch anime in the US usually watch Naruto, no one ever bothers to go further than that. o_O;
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post Re: Leaving

Quote Originally Posted by VocaTAU View Post
    What does Twitter have to do with an anime forum?
    Well, when people decide they no longer want to be here, and consider Twitter more appealing, then they will leave.

I knew a guy who left AF just so he can spend more time on Gaia.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    I know who lilMcDom is but I really don't think his comments are that "much". So that people are leaving, judging from the posts I have seen by him, I really don't understand. Some posts are little over the top, but most of them I don't think is so harmfull. Why not ignore them if you think they are too much?
    I'm still here, aren't I? Anyways, I do ignore a lot of his posts. I'm just giving you an example of someone who is rude. It's not like I'm going to leave the forums just because he has a problem with Asians.
    Last edited by Hideki Motosuwa.; 09-29-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

AF does appear first than NF, I don't even see NF on the first page of Google. I think the problem with the difference between AF and NF is more people who watch anime in the US usually watch Naruto, no one ever bothers to go further than that. o_O;
    NF has people all over the world, just like here, just saying. Also, people like One Piece more there as well, a lot of them...

Like if I want to talk about anime in general; I would search for "ANIME FORUM" instead of "Naruto Forum".

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You know, I've had a lot of AF members come to me saying how "dead" AF is now and how it's not as fun or something. My reaction to it was "really? OuO" Lol, I always have fun coming here and I think it's good that we're a smaller community than other forums because the a lot of active members get to know each other. I remember some members saying they loved how it was last year. Pssft, stop living in the past. :P

EDIT:

That's exactly how I found AF. I wasn't even looking particularly for an anime-based forum though I knew people who liked anime were fun to talk too and it was a chance to use a lot of my emoticons. *^* \^0^/

..lol. But yeah. :3
    I would rep you if I could...

@Chef Masta K not to mention the fact that NF not only has things for Naruto but also for Bleach and One Piece. Might as well change the name to that forum to OAF ie Overrated Anime Forum.

@Hideki Motosuwa. Aren't tabs made so people can multi-task? o_O
    人類は調和したのか?

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Chef Masta K not to mention the fact that NF not only has things for Naruto but also for Bleach and One Piece. Might as well change the name to that forum to OAF ie Overrated Anime Forum.

What's so good about popularity in a forum of 20 people?

Cute Member Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Does this mean I get member of the year? :'D
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    ~ ♥ ~

10. Likes Syaoran liked this post
    Dislikes Hanamaru Kunikida disliked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

It's a cycle, and it can be either vicious or benign.
    For NF, more people are inclined to join and participate as soon as they see all the activity.
    For AF, less people are inclined to join or participate as soon as the y see the lack of activity.

And we all know cycles are hard to break...

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. >_<;
    人類は調和したのか?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. >_<;
    You said you would rep Uta for saying she likes a dead forum because you can be the popular kid easier; but the title is meaningless in a forum of just 20 people.

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Does this mean I get member of the year? :'D
    That gives an interesting idea to me, maybe the mods can have like a Member of the Month thing to encourage people to post, specifically one for every forum. xD

@animeyay Lets make it look like we have a lot of activity. O_O
    人類は調和したのか?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    It's a cycle, and it can be either vicious or benign.
    For NF, more people are inclined to join and participate as soon as they see all the activity.
    For AF, less people are inclined to join or participate as soon as the y see the lack of activity.

And we all know cycles are hard to break...
    In another forum I had 32,000 posts in total (I had two accounts, now banned) and I joined 2004, a lot of members have about the same or ever more.

The top members have less than 20k posts here, they been members longer, and saddest thing of all. it's only a few.

I think AF wasn't an active forum to begin with.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think AF wasn't an active forum to begin with.
    And I haven't been a member for that long, so I really don't know what AF was like in the past.
    Every cycle has to begin somewhere though...

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Lol @ the cat xD

But I think one day, that Naruto forum will go through an activity drought, and people will come here and see how cool it is here! It'll happen one day, that's for sure. As they say...

Whatever goes up, must come down.

It ain't gonna happen to Anime Forum, though.

Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

You said you would rep Uta for saying she likes a dead forum because you can be the popular kid easier; but the title is meaningless in a forum of just 20 people.
    人類は調和したのか?

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lol, I always have fun coming here and I think it's good that we're a smaller community than other forums because the a lot of active members get to know each other. I remember some members saying they loved how it was last year. Pssft, stop living in the past. :P
    A.K.A Being the popular kid.

20. Dislikes Uta-chan~ disliked this post
    Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

*A* That's not what I meant. Not to be popular, but just to know each other over the forum. I like going to the bottom and checking who's online X3
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    ~ ♥ ~

22. Dislikes Hanamaru Kunikida disliked this post
    Nice Boat Captain Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa. has a reputation beyond repute Hideki Motosuwa.'s Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Strawberry Nunchaku Blue Saber
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-09-2021 05:03 AM
    The Hellish Death Realms where demons dwell (a.k.a. Planet Earth)
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Post Re: Leaving

Pretty much.
    That's what I'd like to know...

Oh, Hi-deeki, imagine... your kind not eating raw fish! ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE38SKRT4ak

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

What does Twitter have to do with an anime forum?
    To start off with, more and more people are accessing the internet on their phones (like I am right now, via PDANet), and a web forum/message board like what AF runs on is very klunky and awkward to mess with on a hand-set, mobile app or not. 2. People do more txting then they do talking on their phones, which makes Twitter so appealing to many of those types of people -- Twitter is just another version of txting back and forth. 3. People are getting more and more lazy. They don't want to hunt through and find a thread they commented on to see if someone responded. With Twitter, it notifies them almost instantaneously if someone replied to them. (I know AF gives you that option, but many times I don't even get a notice until the next day, but that could partially be because of my internet.)
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Chef Masta K Just cause I disliked one of your posts, you dislike all of mine now? Loosen up, kiddo. XD
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    ~ ♥ ~

26. Dislikes Hanamaru Kunikida disliked this post
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I've been thinking a few times of leaving AF, but my buddies are the reason why I'm staying put. :c I'm just a workaholic now. lolz

28. Likes Elphaba liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hideki Motosuwa. View Post
    Pretty much.

That's what I'd like to know...
    The internet is not what it used to be before. ;__; I miss the old days of glory. ._.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    I've been thinking a few times of leaving AF, but my buddies are the reason why I'm staying put. :c I'm just a workaholic now. lolz
    Same here basically...xD

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

@Chef Masta K Just cause I disliked one of your posts, you dislike all of mine now? Loosen up, kiddo. XD
    Stop trying to be cool.

Gil
    Happy
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Chef Masta K I'm not trying to be cool. *this post will be disliked*
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    ~ ♥ ~

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Chef Masta K I'm not trying to be cool. *this post will be disliked*
    Nope.

But calling someone "kiddo" who clearly is older, trying to put yourself above them certainly is.

Closed Thread

Thread Information