AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which do you think would live better in an apartment?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hamsters

3 33.33%
  • Guinea Pigs

6 66.67%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hamsters, lol xD

Hybrid View

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Hamsters, lol xD

So, I'm going to be moving to a place soon, and the landlord graciously said that he will allow hamsters and guinea pigs, much to my liking.

But I've wondered, which do you guys think would be better for an apartment? A (very cute) hamster or the guinea pigs of the larger variety (my dad calls guinea pigs half a cat, lol)?

I personally think they're both cute, but I wonder which one would be better. I looked a bit, but they say both of them are good.

Now, I don't now if any of you have ever owned one or the other (or both), but I just want your opinion, lol.

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Hamsters, lol xD

I've seen both and I personally think guinea pigs are the cutest things ever. <3
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I love them so much xD~~

Hamsters are cute, too, but they look like a good squeeze might kill them

Senior Member Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio has a reputation beyond repute Xeyuzio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-12-2014 08:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by alisaallthat View Post
    I love them so much xD~~

Hamsters are cute, too, but they look like a good squeeze might kill them
    I would be scared to own anything that small to be honest, it can get lost in the house and mess with wires and things, of course this only happens if your irresponsible. Anyways you should definitely get a guinea pig, they're just so adorable. <3
    人類は調和したのか?
    VY2V3 = Me | Kagamine Len Act 1 = You

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VocaTAU View Post
    I would be scared to own anything that small to be honest, it can get lost in the house and mess with wires and things, of course this only happens if your irresponsible. Anyways you should definitely get a guinea pig, they're just so adorable. <3

I hope you mean getting two guinea pigs if that is what she's thinking about?
    http://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Shingo XXII View Post
    Well i had Guinea Pigs and they were cute. Never had hamsters though.
    And I have had too many of them! haha! ^^

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I am a hamster person. Have had nine of them in my entire life.

Get whatever you feel for but remember that you always have to have two guinea pigs if you are going to get one. They must be two since they are pack animals. Hamsters are loners, if you don't have the dwarf ones, then you must get two aswell. But if we are talking about the standard animals then it's one hamster, or two guinea pigs (but its' a little cute how they are talking to eachother). Think carefully about what you have time for taking care of. Then also hamsters are better on enjoying themself over the day, a guinea pig needs much more care and petting then a hamster, so if you are thinking of getting guinea pigs do you think you have the time for two of them? A hamster also drinks less water and needs less food. The space they need to live in (hamsters) are also smaller then what the guinea pigs need. Since the guinea pig is bigger then the hamster they need their cage to be cleaned more often then the hamsters aswell.

So guinea pig if you are home often, hamster if you arn't as simplifying it all.

Even if Guinea Pigs demands more care and love then a hamster it can be worthwhile since they like people more then hamsters do.
    When you come to them they can "speak" to you because they are happy to see you.

Guinea Pigs also live longer then hamsters.

So in generall take the animal you know you can and will be able to take care of.
    Hamsters are easier to take care of, demands less caring, takes up less space and you only need one (also can only have one if it's not the dwarf hamster).
    Guinea Pigs require MUCH caring (if you dont have time, dont get one!), demands more in general, but likes people more then hamsters do, but you'll have to get two of them because they do not feel good being alone. They need another guinea pig to live with.

My little sister has two guinea pigs at the moment and sadly she can't take care of them proberly. She pets them sometimes when "she feels like it" and doesn't clean their cage as often as she needs to. So do not get a pet if you are not certain that you will be able to take care of it!
    But if you feel that you can then go for it, whatever you'll choose they will bring you much love and happiness.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

Well i had Guinea Pigs and they were cute. Never had hamsters though.
    Man that is whack!

Token Black Guy

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I was thinking of getting two of each hamster/guinea pig (the same gender, of course. Well, I'm no expert at telling them apart, but lol). I think I'm gonna go for the guinea pigs, especially after the story my dad told me about his hamster, lol.

Apparently, he was playing with it and it shot out of his room, into the kitchen, and went straight under the oven. Of course, I think the poor thing got roasted or something, but dad bought one of those little cage traps, put some food in it, and the very next day, that hamster was in it xD

I wonder if guinea pigs can use those little exercise wheels that hamsters use xD Lol I just had a funny thought: What if you put a leash on the guinea pig and walked it like a dog? The ones at my pet store were pretty huge (100 bucks though xD). That idea makes me go, "So cute~~!" xD

Of course, hamsters also make me squeal, lol. I do have a lot of time on my hands, so I can take of both, but I really don't want to leave them by themselves. I don't want them to get lonely. Hamsters and their little plastic balls are so cute, lol, but they seem to make mischeif if you keep your eye off them for a second. Though that's from my dad's experience, and he usually is a lot better with dogs.
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 09-29-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was thinking of getting two of each hamster/guinea pig (the same gender, of course. Well, I'm no expert at telling them apart, but lol). I think I'm gonna go for the guinea pigs, especially after the story my dad told me about his hamster, lol.

I wonder if guinea pigs can use those little exercise wheels that hamsters use xD Lol I just had a funny thought: What if you put a leash on the guinea pig and walked it like a dog? The ones at my pet store were pretty huge (100 bucks though xD). That idea makes me go, "So cute~~!" xD

If you are getting hamsters that are non dwarf hamsters then you can ABSOLUTLY NOT have them in the same cage, then you have to have them in separete ones or else there is a chance that they will bite and kill eachother. And you do not want that. Guinea pigs or dwarf hamster are the only ones that can be in the same cage, regular gold hamsters can not. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...3194057AAs49nc

No, guinea pigs can not use those wheels, do not get one for them. http://www.guineapigcorner.com/wheels

My sister has leashes for her guinea pigs and they work just fine. She usually have them on the guinea pigs when she is out with them in the garden, so they won't be able to run away (even if I doubt those two ever would get that idea in their head in the first place... those lazy bastards! xD).

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hamsters really like solitude, don't they?

And yes, I won't torture a cute guinea pig with the wheel, lol. Guinea pigs sound much more friendly and sweeter (lol l@ azyness xD), so the scale is really tipping towards them. The little pet store had these tubes which apparently was where they played (they must be bored xD) and there was one sleeping in one of them XD it was so cute looking, lol.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Hamsters really like solitude, don't they?

And yes, I won't torture a cute guinea pig with the wheel, lol. Guinea pigs sound much more friendly and sweeter (lol l@ azyness xD), so the scale is really tipping towards them. The little pet store had these tubes which apparently was where they played (they must be bored xD) and there was one sleeping in one of them XD it was so cute looking, lol.

Guinea Pigs are cute. But I can't help but feeling that they look a little stupid if you look at them directly at their face in their front. They look "stupid cute" or something like that. xD What type of Guinea Pigs do you think you'll get? Long hair or short haired?

Aaaaaw so no hamster for you then?

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I love the glasses xDDDDDD

Lol "stupid cute." I think I'll get the short-haired (lol it's a little less work) guinea pigs. I still love hamsters, so one day I might get one of them dwarf hamsters, because they sound nice and cute.

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Lol "stupid cute." I think I'll get the short-haired (lol it's a little less work) guinea pigs. I still love hamsters, so one day I might get one of them dwarf hamsters, because they sound nice and cute.
    Yeah maybe. But they demand more care then the gold hamsters. They are much harder to get tame exc.
    If you are not used to animals then I wouldn't recommend getting a dwarf hamster the first thing you'll do. ^^
    Then a gold hamster is a much better choice.

My mother had a really tame gold hamster when she still was a kid. It used to follow her around the house and when she was in the kitchen it went to the larder and sat outside, looking at mom and begged her for some snacks. Just like a dog! lol!

Guinea Pigs really do look great in glasses... don't they? ^^
    <---- found anohter picture

Remember... if you'll get a hamster, then you can this song for them!

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Dwarf hamsters need regular handling to keep them from going "feral" on you. They can also be way more bitey than your typical gold hamster. If there are going to be small children around, do not let them handle a dwarf hamster.
    My Bubblegum Crisis fan-site --> The Bubblegum Crisis Sanctum (a work in progress)

and my humble blog --> The Writing Desk

--> My AF album

Pet Shop Story and Dragon Story ids: webowers, wbowers

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

That gold hamster your mom had sounds so cute and fun~

And lol hamster song xD~ I used to think that gold hamsters where the only type up until I was 16, lol. Then one day we went to the pet store and I seen a whole bunch of hamsters xDD

Guinea pigs are great looking in glasses, rofl

Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That gold hamster your mom had sounds so cute and fun~

Yeah.. sadly it died one day when it walked after my mom in the house but she didn't notice it and closed one door ... it broke a leg and didn't make it. My mother has missed that hamster since that day, I understand that since such tame hamsters are rare and ... im really an animal person aswell.

The one who doesn't love animals shall be punished! lol

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Aw, poor hamster. I feel sorry for your mom, too. It just sounds so cute, having a hamster follow you around like a puppy xD

And I think my cuteness meter burst from the Bat-hamster XD

They should have named it Doom4 or something DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM! has a reputation beyond repute DOOM!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts Binoculars Kawaiislice Medkit
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-08-2023 04:46 AM
    Threads

Hey, boy. You liek hamsters?

It's never safe to turn off your computer - Silent Strike

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Hedgehogs...

More easier than either of the two... Not rodents so even more awesome and super cute.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Hedgehogs are really cute looking xD

I'd have to dye one pink, name it Amy, and then train her to fall in love with anything blue or with the word "Sonic"

Moderator ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~ has a reputation beyond repute ~*Red*~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-17-2017 07:39 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: the_wolfie

I think guinea pigs would be the best pet to have in an apartment.
    Wolfie Dango ~*Red*~

Twin sister: Angella_Kagamine

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I'm so falling for guinea pigs, lol. At least my husband likes them, too xD

I can't wait until we move, lol. I'm already thinking of names for the guinea pigs xDDDD. I suck at guy names, lol.

Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2016 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Hedgehogs are cute. :3 Anyway, I'm not really a hamster or guinea pig person. If its me, I would pick neither and live with no pet if I was given that choice.

Senior Member Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie has a reputation beyond repute Trippy Hippie's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-09-2013 06:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I'm only saying guinea pigs because I currently have a hamster, and it constantly bites the bars at night which makes it impossible to sleep, and same with the wheel. They also smell funky. Guinea pigs are quiet and clean. But dont get a white one , or long haired one.

Member MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana is infamous around these parts MusashiKatana's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts 006 - Charizard Wizzard M1911
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2011 12:21 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Guinea pigs are bigger. I lean towards bigger animals when it comes to reptiles and critters.

I'd only get a Guinea Pig if I could train it. Otherwise I'd want an Iguana or Bearded Dragon
    Last edited by MusashiKatana; 11-20-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information