AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with Particles

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Mario Chain Chomp Venus Star Wand Top
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-30-2013 07:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Help with Particles

こんにちはみなさん!

Lol, I don't really know how to speak Japanese, but I know some. But anyway, I need a little bit of help with the particles (like wa, de, to, etc. etc).

I'm a little confused, but I'll use a mangled Japanese sentence (by yours truly) to see my point. Here's one sentence: 海をまいる (I don't know if I used the right word for visit, but anyway). What's the different than if you wrote 海はまいる or 海がまいる?

Two other particles that confuse me are に and で. For example if I wanted to say カレイな森で would that mean I am at or in the pretty forest? Another thing that confused me is that under the definitions of で, it doesn't include "with," but it a lot of translated song titles and sentences, で means with. I've been using して for with, so which one is better (or more understandable) to use?

Oh, and does は always mean is? Because some titles of songs (like 愛はエナジー) list the wa as the word is, and sometimes titles with wa in it are listed as something completely different.

ありがとうございます!

EDIT: After reading some of the related posts I understand a teensy bit more, but I still need some help. Oh and a question: What is a good word to use for if? Like: If you sacrificed your prayer to the stars, blah blah blah? I've been using ば (as in ささげれば), but I'm not too sure. And another thing (lol, sorry): Is there any difference at all between words that end with ta, te, and the like? To clear confusion: Is せかいを守る the same as せかいを守れる/せかいを守られる and せかいを守れた/せかいを守れて?

ありがとうございます (また)
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 09-28-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Re: Help with Particles

For particles you might as well give a read of this page. After you have read through that page, if you still have questions, then feel free to ask. =)

One thing I just have to point out now: do NOT try to get a word-to-word correspondence between Japanese and English. wa is a Japanese particle, whereas the world "to be" is an English verb, so they obviously are not equivalent. Particles themselves do not carry meanings.

This page goes into Japanese conditional sentences; there are 4 ways to say "if" in Japanese.

The -ta and -(ra)reru forms correspond to the perfective form, potential form, and passive form. Again, it's gonna take me forever to explain, so why don't you try some googling first? But if you're merely curious: 守る = to protect, 守れる = to be able to protect, 守られる = to be protected.

Anyway, if you really really just want a lengthy and boring explanation from me (or any other members), then we will gladly deliver. Just give us a holler.

nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero has a reputation beyond repute nanashipiero's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Lol, I'll read up xD.

But I can always take a long explantion if it's about something I like doing, so if you (or anyone else) ever feels up to writing one, that's perfectly fine!

But for right now,

ありがとう~~
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 09-29-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

xD Ahah, I have a question. When you stick -iru at the end of a wod, does that mean that you are doing what the word says? For example: 眠っている. Does that mean you (or someone else) is sleeping? Another question, (xD) is there a way to say something is in the past? Like: I was born, I fell down, I painted, etc., etc. Like I said, lol, I wouldn't mind a long post xD. Sorry if I'm if nagging you guys a little. Another thing: What do しない, しちゃう, する, して/した (?) stand for? (The (?) is because I don't know whether して and した are related)

I like reading sites, but I always find it easier to have someone with first-hand knowledge explain it to sites, but I always find it easier to have someone with first-hand knowledge explain it to me XD (Because Me = ばか, lol)

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The て-form of a verb + いる = present progressive tense or simple present tense.
    In casual or quick speech, い is often omitted.

眠る。 = I will sleep.
    眠って(い)る。 = I am sleeping.

ご飯を食べる。 = I will eat.
    ご飯を食べて(い)る。 = I am eating.

Of course, the いる can be negated into いない. (Again, い may be omitted.)
    In this case, it means something has not been completed.

あの映画を見ない。 = I will not watch that movie.
    あの映画を見て(い)ない。 = I have not watched that movie.

The subject will be determined by context; it could be "I", "you", "he/she/it", "we", or "they".
    Simply sticking a いる after the て-form does not alter the subject.

For past tense, you use the perfective form of the verb.
    To get the perfective form, use the て-form, but change the て to た.

眠る。 = I will sleep.
    眠った。 = I slept.

ご飯を食べる。 = I will eat.
    ご飯を食べた。 = I ate.

Now, using the example verbs you gave:

生まれる = to be born (te-form = 生まれて)
    生まれた。 = I was born.

転ぶ = to fall (te-form = 転んで)
    転んだ。 = I fell.

塗る = to paint (te-form = 塗って)
    塗った。 = I painted.

しない, しちゃう, する, して/した are all forms of the verb する = "to do".

する = I do.
    しない = I will not do.
    しちゃう = I will end up doing.
    して = te-form of する
    した = I did (perfective form of する)
    Last edited by animeyay; 09-29-2011 at 07:21 PM. Reason: brainfart lol

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ahhhh, I see!

ありがとう!!

A lot of lightbulbs just went off at once, lol

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ahahah xDD, time for another question *shocked gasps*

What does って mean, if anything? Like in the word 思って. Is it the same as て/た?

*thinking*

しましょう/ましょう means let's do (whatever), right? Like 歌いましょう and 紹介しましょう. Oh, and sorry if this is a dumb question, lol, but ちゃう still means the same as しちゃう, right? Like 見ちゃう、思えちゃう. What about the word ちゃ? Is that another version of ちゃう?

And I'm pretty sure about this, but たく means to want to do the verb before it, right xD? Like 忘れたく means I want to forget (I hope) while 忘れたくない means I don't want to forget, right? Oh, and does たら mean anything at the end of sentences? Like 踊ったら.

And (once again, sorry) another thing: How come you can use two negative, well I don't what to call them so I'll call them particles. To clear confusion, is there any difference at all between 続かない and 続けない or 勝たない and 勝てない? Oh, and the like -o means to do with someone, right? Like あそぼう means "Let's play," right? Sorry if I'm kinda annoying you guys a little bit. But once I learn something, I don't forget it (Lol I think that would be 忘れない).

ありがとおー

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Some verbs' te-form require an additional small tsu for their te/ta form, namely consonant-stem verbs whose dictionary form ends in u, tsu, or ru. And yes, their perfective form (past tense) would also require the small tsu:
    思(おも)う --> 思(おも)って --> 思(おも)った
    待(ま)つ --> 待(ま)って --> 待(ま)った
    眠(ねむ)る --> 眠(ねむ)って --> 眠(ねむ)った

Verbs that end in ku or gu require an additional i for their te/ta form; gu verbs use de/da instead of te/ta:
    泣(な)く --> 泣(な)いて --> 泣(な)いた
    泳(およ)ぐ --> 泳(およ)いで --> 泳(およ)いだ

Verbs that end in su require an additional shi for their te/ta form:
    話(はな)す --> 話(はな)して --> 話(はな)した

Verbs that end in nu, bu, or mu require an additional n for their te/ta form; however, they all use de/da instead of te/ta:
    死(し)ぬ --> 死(し)んで --> 死(し)んだ
    遊(あそ)ぶ --> 遊(あそ)んで --> 遊(あそ)んだ
    読(よ)む --> 読(よ)んで --> 読(よ)んだ

Vowel-stem verbs all end in ru, and they don't need any additional kana for their te/ta form:
    食(た)べる --> 食(た)べて --> 食(た)べた
    見(み)る --> 見(み)て --> 見(み)た

*You probably have noticed that some verbs that end in ru are consonant-stem verbs and would require an additional small tsu, while others are vowel-stem. There's no easy way out here. You have to memorize which ones are consonant-stem verbs and which ones are vowel-stem...

ましょう is the volitional form of ます, so yes, it means "let's" do something or "allow me/us".
    歌(うた)いましょう。 = Let's sing.
    紹介(しょうかい)しましょう。 = Let me introduce.
    遊(あそ)びましょう。 = Let's play.

ます, as you probably already know, is the distal/formal form. For direct/casual form, you use the -ou ending (which you also mentioned in your post).
    歌(うた)おう。 = Let's sing.
    紹介(しょうかい)しよう。 = Let me introduce.
    遊(あそ)ぼう。 = Let's play.

ちゃう is actually a contraction of て・しまう. Yes, it always means "end up doing" something or "carry something to completion". If a verb uses de instead of te for its te-form, で・しまう contracts into じゃう.
    する --> して・しまう --> しちゃう
    見(み)る --> 見(み)て・しまう --> 見(み)ちゃう
    泳(およ)ぐ --> 泳(およ)いで・しまう --> 泳(およ)いじゃう
    死(し)ぬ --> 死(し)んで・しまう --> 死(し)んじゃう

たい means "want", and its negative form is たくない. It's attached to the -masu form of verbs:

忘(わす)れる = I will forget.
    忘(わす)れたい = I want to forget.
    忘(わす)れたくない = I don't want to forget.

踊(おど)る = I will dance.
    踊(おど)りたい = I want to dance.
    踊(おど)りたくない = I don't want to dance.

たら is a conditional form ("if", "once", etc...); it's pretty much ta form + ra.

踊(おど)る = I will dance.
    踊(おど)った = I danced.
    踊(おど)ったら = Once/If I have danced...

忘(わす)れる = I will forget.
    忘(わす)れた = I forgot.
    忘(わす)れたら = Once/If I have forgotten...

続(つづ)く is an intransitive verb (meaning, the action is happening by itself without an external force.) On other other hand, 続(つづ)ける is a transitive verb, so it takes direct objects and the action is almost always happening at an external force. Japanese has many pairs of such verbs. Okay, examples would be easier:

映画(えいが)が続(つづ)く。 = The movie will continue.
    映画(えいが)を続(つづ)ける。 = I will continue the movie.

To make them negative:
    映画(えいが)が続(つづ)かない。 = The movie will not continue.
    映画(えいが)を続(つづ)けない。 = I will not continue the movie.

However, 勝たない vs. 勝てない is a different story. 勝てる is the potential form ("to be able to") of 勝つ:
    勝つ。 = I will win.
    勝てる。 = I can win.

And when you negate them:
    勝たない。 = I will not win.
    勝てない。 = I cannot win.

The transitive/intransitive verbs and potential form might be too much for you right now lol, but you should at least know now that the two forms of negative as mentioned by you are different~

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

ありがとう (What is this, the 100th time I've said that xD?)

This is helping me a whole bunch, yay~

Looking back on some songs that I wrote, I laugh at how sucky they are, lol. But now, I'm on the road to being able to somewhat confuse a Japanese person with my Japanese skills, xD

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

So now, it's time to bust out my newly learned Japanese skills with a remade exceprt from one of my remade characters song I wrote, 星色祷り (ほしいろいのり).

Note: The only reason there are a lot of kanji is because of IME, lol. Most of it I can't actually write xDD.

Anyway:

数々星の庭【その】で、思い出が心を零れて
    煌めく広い星空を眺めるさえ 総てはいい・・・

私の耳を欹てれば、あなたの囁きが聴こえれる?
    私の心が痛めば 私の傷が癒した、お陰で

月の輝きと太陽の温みも 私が守られる
    秘密のお城が呼んでいる
    私が忘れるなら、嘆きなかれ
    いつか 戻るのに、この星色望【ねが】いを捧げて・・・

The little brackets, 【】, are for furigana.

And here are the English lyrics, to tell how much of it I actually got right, xD:

In the garden of many stars, memories spill from my heart
    As long I'm looking at the vast, glittering starry sky, everything's all right...

If I strain my ears, will I be able to hear your whisper?
    If my heart is in pain, my wounds all heal, thanks to you

The moon's radiance and the sun's warmth protect me
    The secret of that castle is calling to me
    If I forget, you must not grive
    Someday, so that I can come back, you must devote this star-colored wish...

Lol, I know it doesn't make too much sense, but it's a bit of a test song xD
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 10-02-2011 at 04:51 PM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

数々星の庭【その】で、思い出が心から零れて
    煌めく広い星空を眺めていたら 何もかも大丈夫さ・・・

耳を澄ませば、あなたの囁きが聴こえる?
    この痛んだ心を あなたが癒してくれるのね

月の輝きと太陽のぬくもり 私は守られている
    あのお城の秘密私を呼んでいる
    私が忘れてしまっても決して嘆かないでね
    いつか 私が戻れるように、この星色望【ねが】いを捧げて・・・

I tried not to change too much of the words/structures you used.
    Uh, I don't need to attach an explanation, do I? (no time anyway, 'cause I'm at work right now lol)
    I also noticed there were several unconventional kanji usage...are you sure you want to use those?
    Last edited by animeyay; 10-04-2011 at 05:00 PM.

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well, I don't know about the uncoventional kanji, but I just (this is probably stupid) use the words that match the same meaning that I've found in my dictionary, so sorry if I confused you a little.

So if you want, you can edit the bad kanji and replace it with the good ones. ごめんなさい。

But today I got a Japanese book that seems to really be helping me, so I may not need to ask too many questions anymore, lol. But yay, because I didn't screw up too too much xD, but I probably got about a 30% (Oh noes, I'm Sailor Moon xD), lol.

So I still need a lot of work, but that little excerpt is a lot closer to Japanese than some of my older songs xD. So, thank you animeyay~! I seriously think you should write a book, lol.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well, "garden" (sono) is usually written as 園. (庭 is normally read as niwa).
    For "to be audible" (kikoeru), both 聞こえる and 聴こえる are acceptable, but the former is considerably more common.
    The word for "wish" can be either negai (願い) or nozomi (望み). I don't think I've ever seen 望い...

Good luck with your studying~ Feel free to ask more questions if you need =D
    And don't make fun of Usagi-chan just because she always gets low marks and is a dango-head.

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Ohhhhhhhhh, I get it now!

Lol, the brackets next to 庭 and 望い were furigana, lol. So 庭 was now read "その" instead of "にわ" and for 望い, it was to be read "ねがい," since both "願い" and "望み" basically mean the same. And about the 聴こえる, that was just to look a bit different, lol, even though I knew it was the same xD.

So in the text, 数々の星の庭【その】で and この星色の望【ねが】いを捧げて・・・, it was to be read as かずかずのほしのそので and このほしいろのねがいをささげて・・・.

Sorry, lol

Junior Member glgallant1 is on a distinguished road glgallant1's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2011 05:35 AM
    Threads

There are some wonderful videos on youtube that helped me out immensely. They are short lessons by Japan Society out of New York City. Here is the link:

I hope it helps you as much as it helped me! I am still not used to particles but I am getting better! Good luck!

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Okeyz!!! Lol that word totally doesn't fit me xD

*cracks knuckles* Time to bust out some of my newly learned Japanese skills~~!!! Lol, hopefully I'm using them right xD

Now to continue the song, lol.

もうすぐ哀しいの時だね でも、でも楽しいの時を偲びたい
    あの広い大空が消える そして幸いが来て

あの青黒い星空を輝く 私は休まれている
    あの笑顔の別れが私を裂けている
    あなたが忘れてしまっても 宇宙の光が消え果る
    いつでも 幸せが続けるように、その夢色の希望をあげて・・・

きれいな青空が濁るたびに ふしぎな極楽が隠すたびに
    無月の天花(ゆき)が降るたびに、世界に希望を飛ばせて

数々の星の庭(その)で、思い出が心から零れて

月の輝きと太陽のぬくもりに 私は守られている
    あの記憶の中で われらが踊る
    時が忘れてしまっても、決して思わないでね
    いつか 愛が戻れるように、この願色(がんしょく)の夢想を供えて・・・

いつか、愛が来てるように、あの星色の祷りを・・・
    奉(たてまつ)る・・・

Woo-hoo xD

Ok, now I'll post the English version so that I can get another Usagi score xD:

I guess it's almost that sad time but, but, I want to remember those fun times
    That wide sky disappears and then happiness comes

That dark blue starry sky sparkles and I'm feeling at ease
    That smile's farewell is tearing me up
    If you forget, the universe's light will completely vanish
    Always, so that happiness can continue, you must give away that dream-colored hope...

Every time the beautiful blue sky gets muddied, every time the mysterious paradise is hid
    Every time the moonless night's snow falls, hope is flying away in the world

In the garden of many stars, memories spill from my heart
    As long I'm looking at the vast, glittering starry sky, everything's all right...

The moon's radiance and the sun's warmth protect me
    Inside that memory, we are dancing
    If time forgets, you must not remember
    Someday, so that love can come back, you must offer this wish-colored dream...

Someday, so that love can arrive, you must offer that...
    Star-colored prayer...

Yeah, the last two lines at the end don't exactly sync up with their English counterparts, lol.

But hopefully I did better than Usagi xD. I don't need Haruna-sensei sending me into the hall T-T
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 10-05-2011 at 01:57 PM.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

もうすぐ哀しい時だね でも、でも楽しい時を偲びたい
    あの広い大空が消えたら 幸せが来

あの青黒い星空の輝きに 和まれたけど
    あの笑顔の別れに私は苦しんでいる
    あなたが忘れてしまったら 宇宙の光が消え果ててしまう
    いつでも 幸せが続くように、その夢色の希望を手放して・・・

きれいな青空が濁るたびに ふしぎな楽園隠されているたびに
    無月の夜空から天花(ゆき)が降るたびに、世界に希望を飛ばせて(*)
    * I'm not sure what you meant by "hope is flying away in the world"...clarification needed

数々の星の庭(その)で、思い出が心から零れて

月の輝きと太陽のぬくもりに 私は守られている
    あの記憶の中で われらが踊る(**)
    時間が忘れてしまうなら、決して思い出さないで
    いつか 愛が戻れるように、この願色(がんしょく)の夢想を供えて・・・
    ** warera isn't technically wrong, but it sounds really weird here...

いつか、愛が来るように、あの星色の祷りを・・・
    奉(たてまつ)って・・・

Uh, I'm sick right now, so I'm not in the condition to do too much thinking...
    Maybe someone else will offer his/her help, too?

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Well, I meant that hope is disappearing xD

And the warera is just my epic fail at not knowing another word for we xD

But yay, I get about a 49% xD. Poor animeyay, I hope you get better!

This book is really helping me, so yay.

Maybe I should've finished the book before doing this, lol

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

So once again, I've made a song xD

This time, I'm much more sure about it, so let's see how well I did xD.

Here's the kanji:

「風の間」
    ******============
    歌い手:風間頼子 (CV: 朝久良子)
    ・作詞:アリサ・マックレーン
    ・・作曲:広森耕右
    ・・・編曲:堺井なり子
    ==================
    「ジェットストリームのように 大空を飛びたいよ」
    これは私が考えて
    いいじゃない、世界を天がけれる?
    空が私たちの踊りを待ってる・・・

葉っぱたちのように 私たちの色が変えてく
    季節が経つまま
    いいじゃない、宇宙を探検するか?
    ミステリーホリゾントを駆け回れた

美しい星の笑顔が 夜空を輝かせてた
    どこか、人々が笑う

☆独りで風の間に乗せて
     けど、独りぼっちじゃないから 月が囁く・・・
     余りにも臆病がまるでなってない
      もっともっと強くなる! 風はあなたの味方
      私はあなたの味方
      あなたの心の奥の風のように・・・
      囁く

「星のメリーゴーランドのように 私が回れたい」
    これは誰も考えて
    いいじゃない、風の触りを触れてる?
    空が2人のお披露目を待ってる・・・

凛々しい星の涙が 世界を輝かせてた
    どこか、人々が願う

みんなで夢の風に乗せて
    恵まれた「今」と「永遠」を掴まえる・・・
    数々の星の祈り
    余りにも勇気がまるでなってない
    もっともっと気軽なる! 夜は2人の味方
    愛は2人の味方
    私の心の奥の花のように・・・
    咲かせる

☆繰り返し

独りで風の涙と夢を輝かせて
    みんなの夢が 未来と明日の道を表せて
    風の組紐【みつあみ】で世界を超えて
    もっともっと夢を叶えて 仕合わせが広がる
    すべては私たちの味方
    私たちの心の中の風の花を・・・
    見てる

And the corresponding english:

"Between the Wind"
    ***************===========
    Vocals: Yoriko Kazama (CV: Ryoko Asahisa (<.< Lol everyone except me is fake))
    -Lyrics: Me
    --Composition: Kousuke Hiromori
    ---Arrangement: Nariko Sakai
    ==========================
    "Like a jet stream, I want to soar in the sky"
    This is what I think
    Wouldn't it be nice, if I could soar around the world?
    The sky is waiting for our dance...

Like the leaves, we'll change our colors
    As the seasons pass
    Wouldn't it be nice, if we could explore the universe?
    Spun around the mystery horizon

The beautiful stars' smiling faces light up the night sky
    And somewhere, everybody smiles

*By myself I ride the space between the wind
    But, I'm not alone, because the moon whispers to me
    Too much shyness is not good at all
    More, more, become strong! The wind is your ally
    I am your ally
    Like the wind inside the depths of your heart...
    I whisper

"Like a merry go round of stars, I want to spin"
    This is what everyone thinks
    Wouldn't it be nice, if you could feel the touch of the wind?
    The sky is waiting for our debut...

The gallant stars' tears light up the world
    And somewhere, everybody wishes

With everyone, we'll ride the wind of dreams
    And catch the blessed "now" and "forever"...
    The many stars' prayers
    Too much courage is no good at all
    More, more, become cheery! The night is our ally
    Love is our ally
    Like the flower inside the depths of my heart...
    I'll make bloom...

*Repeat

By myself, the wind's tears and dreams are lit up
    Everyone's dreams reveal the path to tommorrow and the future
    And inside the braided wind, I cross over the world
    More, more, dreams'll come true and happiness will spread
    Everything is our ally
    Watch that flower that's inside of our...
    Hearts

I don't think I screwed it up to bad this time, but I don't know yet XD

EDIT: I'm pretty sure "Kaze no Aida" means between the wind or something like that. I want it to mean either between the wind or the space of the wind (you know how clouds have spaces between them? that's what this space means)
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 10-19-2011 at 01:31 PM.

20. Likes SuXrys liked this post
    Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_particles

This is a great page to start if you need help with particles!

22. Likes nanashipiero liked this post
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Yeah, I don't honestly know which section this should've gone in so... xD, I put it here.

Anyway, I've been delving into translation, and I want to see just how bad I am at it, lol.

So.... here's one of the Negima Drama songs I (tried) to translate...

Kanji:

願いはいつか必ず届くから
    君だけのChance つかめるように
    If you wanna be yourself
    信じていれば 全てはいつか その手の中に

先の見えないMy way いつも一人ぼっち
    Everyday 優しいその言葉さえ 聞こえずに
    この世界の全て 何も意味はない
    そんな つまらないことばかり考えていた

過ぎて行った季節を 振り返っては
    「あと少しだけ」「あの時に」そんな繰り返し
    笑えないね

Everybody's tiny dream
    君が出す答えが ただ一つの正解だから
    今こそTurning point 見逃さないで
    輝く明日(あす)を つかめるように

わかり始めたMy life 少し強くなって
    Everynight おびえてたあの日々が 嘘みたい
    目を伏せてるだけで 限りある時間を
    何もせずに見送るのは もったいないよ

広がる星空を眺めてみる
    怖くはないよ 感じるよ
    儚さじゃなくて 美しさを

踏み出すことに 踏み切れないままじゃ
    いつの間にか時は過ぎる
    確かな今を感じる力 希望に変えて
    Fly into your shiny sky

これから歩き出す道の果てに
    辿り着いたら その時は
    一番の笑顔でいられるように

願いはいつか必ず届くから
    君だけのChance つかめるように
    If you wanna be yourself
    信じていれば 全てはいつか その手の中に

踏み出すことに 踏み切れないままじゃ
    いつの間にか時は過ぎる
    確かな今を感じる力 希望に変えて
    Fly into your shiny sky

Wannabe Translation:

Because someday your dreams will definitely reach you,
    You must catch your one and only chance
    If you wanna be yourself
    You must believe, and then someday everything will be in the palm of your hand

I could never see with just my way, it was always lonely
    Every day, I needed those kind words, but I didn't hear them
    Even though there's no significance for everything in this world
    I thought of nothing but such insignificant things

I went just a bit too far and the seasons turn around
    "In a little while" "By the way" Always saying that
    Can't make me smile

Everybody's tiny dream
    You leave because your answer was the only right one (I HATE this line)
    Now it's the turning point, you can't overlook it
    If you ever want to catch the sparkling tommorow

I started to understand my life and grow a bit stronger
    Every night, I was scared of those days that seem like a lie
    Only when I'm closing my eyes does time ever seem short
    I'm just wasting my time doing nothing instead of seeing you off (I hate this one too D<)

I try to gaze at the vast starry sky
    It's not scary, I can feel that
    It's beautiful, not empty

You've gotta take a step forward, because if you still can't take the plunge
    Before you ever know it, time will have passed
    Feel the power of the certain "now" and go change this world
    And then you'll fly into your shiny sky

After walking past your body's limits
    You'll struggle a bit, sure
    But with that first smile, you'll be able to do it

If you wanna be yourself
    You must believe, and then someday everything will be in the palm of your hand

Before you ever know it, time will have passed
    And then you'll fly into your shiny sky

This song confuses me ;_______; . It's not all that literal, but this has to be (out of all 13), the worst one D;
    Last edited by nanashipiero; 01-19-2012 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Spell fail

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Whoa what HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD.

I probably shouldn't be studying more Japanese on the side, considering I'm in an intense Italian class at the moment (and I've already almost ended some of my sentences with "desu" just on impulse)... but what the hell!

*scribbles down notes*

25. Likes battousai_ryuu, animeyay liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by alisaallthat View Post
    Yeah, I don't honestly know which section this should've gone in so... xD, I put it here.
    This should go to the Lyrics Discussion board, since now we are talking about actual translations of actual lyrics...

Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari has a reputation beyond repute Hinamawari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-28-2015 09:14 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

I think you've gotten the gist of this song, so I'm just going to comment on some minor points (:

願いはいつか必ず届くから

I guess this would be open to interpretation. The way I think about it is: you make a wish to 神様, and if your wish reaches him, it will come true. So roughly speaking, this line would mean something like: "Your wish/dream will definitely come true someday"

君だけのChance つかめるように

つかめる is in potential form, so "In order to (be able to) catch the chance given only to you" (this is connected to the fourth line: You must believe, and then someday everything will be in the palm of your hand)

先の見えないMy way いつも一人ぼっち
    I could never see with just my way, it was always lonely

先の見えないMy way: I can't see what's lying ahead in my way

この世界の全て 何も意味はない
    そんな つまらないことばかり考えていた
    Even though there's no significance for everything in this world
    I thought of nothing but such insignificant things

"I thought of nothing but insignificant things, such as there's no meaning to anything in this world" (the person doesn't truly believe that, but there was a period when that was all they thought about)

過ぎて行った季節を 振り返っては
    I went just a bit too far and the seasons turn around

過ぎて行った modifies 季節. 過ぎて行った季節 is the object of 振り返る. "When I look back at the past seasons"

君が出す答えが ただ一つの正解だから
    You leave because your answer was the only right one

君が出す答え = the answer you come up with
    I also think the nuance is a little different here: The answer you come up with is the only right one for you (i.e. no one else can give you an answer, you must come up with your own)

Everynight おびえてたあの日々が 嘘みたい
    Every night, I was scared of those days that seem like a lie

"It seems as if those days when I was frightened every night never existed"

目を伏せてるだけで 限りある時間を
    何もせずに見送るのは もったいないよ
    Only when I'm closing my eyes does time ever seem short
    I'm just wasting my time doing nothing instead of seeing you off

限りある時間 is the object of 見送る
    These two lines are connected: "It's such a waste to simply lower my eyes and watch the limited time pass by without doing anything"

踏み出すことに 踏み切れないままじゃ

Literally: If you still can't take a plunge toward taking a step forward

確かな今を感じる力 希望に変えて

確かな今 is the object of 感じる; 確かな今を感じる modifies 力.
    "Turn your power to feel the definite present into your hope"

これから歩き出す道の果てに
    辿り着いたら その時は
    一番の笑顔でいられるように
    After walking past your body's limits
    You'll struggle a bit, sure
    But with that first smile, you'll be able to do it

This stanza is connected to the previous one: (turn your power into hope, fly into your shiny sky) so that you can smile with your best smile once you've reached the end of the road you're about to walk on

Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Aaaaahhhh~

ありがとう~! Yeah, xD, my translating is a bit off, but thank you so much for helping me, Hinawari!

Sorry about putting in the wrong section, animeyay.

At least I know I'm not too bad, lol.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information