AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month September Phase 2 Results

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month September Phase 2 Results

This was a tough one. I originally only had two judges, but it was a tie so I got a third judge. I've decided to just right out post all of their critiques.

Final battle: Aiacos vs. Avi-chan.

Aiacos:

1) This is a pretty good sig. It fits the theme well enough in that an imposing male is featured in it. The colors are muted but all follow the same kind of somber scheme, which gives the sig good atmosphere. The text has a nice glow effect but if the only lighting in the whole thing. Overall, too much c4d spam ruined the depth and left little room for creativity. Use some brushes now and then, or try a smudge sig. Break out of the mold, you know? C4ds are awesome but learn to combine them with other things. With a little practice, you'll get it. Don't rest on your laurels.

2) You've chosen a nice image and have interesting cropping on it, I like that parts of it are cut off at the boarders which makes the image more interesting for the viewer. The color scheme is very nice and the colors work well together. Things that might help improve the image would be to perhaps lighten the background so that the make character pops out a bit more. Also, the text may do better in a darker area, like moving it over more toward the right of the figure into that darker section so that it's easier to read. Very good composition and layout. Good job!

3) Aiacos's signature seems too cluttered and the text should be moved a bit more to the right.

Avi-Chan:

1) This sig is odd, but not. Ellipsis uses female stocks pretty often, so that works, but it looks like this one was superimposed on another stock? If it wasn't, the blending is off. If it was, it was done poorly and left traces behind. Half of the blind-folded girl's head is see-through. Beyond that, I really like this sig. it's clean, stylistic, and evokes a really strong mood. I would have liked a color added to it, like some splashes of deep red or purple, but black and white entirely was never my thing.

2) I love that yours looks like an old photo, especially with the vignetting around the outside and the fact that you've chosen to only have black and white for the whole image. You have also chosen an interesting cropping method for the figure, though it could be pushed a bit further, perhaps enlarging the figure just slightly and having her head a little off the image. Also, having her more to one side or the other could help as well, so maybe moving her just slightly to the right to make a little bit more room for the text on the left. The text is a nice touch but sort of fades into the background because of the gradient used on it. Leaving it all one color, like white, would help this. Pushing the background darker to make the image in the front pop out more can also be considered. However, your composition is very nice, regardless! Good job on your entry!

3) The text on Avi-chan's is killing me but the signature is overall better, it has extremely nice blending and is very unique

Judge 1: Avi-chan
    Judge 2: Aiacos
    Judge 3: Avi-chan

Our winner is @Avi-chan ! You can contact Kaitou Ace for your gashapon prize!

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month September Phase 2 Results

MY SIG IS CLUTTERED LIKE MY HOUSE /signs up for hoarders xD

I knew I'd lose, but nonetheless I hope you like it Ellip!
    Congrats Avi! It well deserved and I like the sig a lot, it's sad there was no more entrants.

I really appreciate the judges CnC and comments this time around, thanks guys :]

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

3. Likes Zenister liked this post
    Pirate Queen Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan has a reputation beyond repute Avi-chan's Avatar
    Gil
    sunshine
    Gifts Venus Star Wand Top Photoshop Mic
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-24-2012 11:35 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: avril4e

I've been offline quite a while and didn't have the chance too see.
    This is my first BOTM win since I joined here so I'm glad.
    Congrats to Aiacos as well! It was truly a good battle with great entries :3
    Visit and join my AF family
    Set by me|Member of Illuminated spirits| Requests are open

5. Likes Zenister liked this post
    Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Oh yeah, I'll get a badge made for you, @Avi-chan .

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

7. Thanks Avi-chan thanked for this post
    The Palmtop Tiger Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash has a reputation beyond repute Rainbow Crash's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts PPG Bubbles Alice Be Mine
    Mentioned
    368 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2014 03:34 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

I sorta thought Avi's was more cluttered... And "animegalleries" is blurred on the "galleries" part..

Personally the first one was easier to look at and better on the eyes in terms of sharpness. I'm not really digging the second one.

But congrats to both =D

[I'm Gloomy]

今日...明日...永遠に...

Personal Tumblr | Deviant Art | Artsy Tumblr | Buy Artisan Crafts (Paintings & Vectors on Etsy)
    >>>Enter the AF Banner Contest<<<
    Deadline Sept. 1st

Senior Member Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon__Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-13-2014 12:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Avi-chan : Congrats on winning, and a kudos to @Aiacos for doing a good job too. You both have superb artistic talents. Good work, people.

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

Senior Member Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia has a reputation beyond repute Acnologia's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Present Bomb Aquarius
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2014 05:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

It'll kill them to know I only used one c4d

It's a record, I know xD

ein, zwei, drei, vier bin endlich weg von Dir
    fünf, sechs, sieben, acht Du hast jetzt keine Macht

Senior Member Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna has a reputation beyond repute Ezza Obsuna's Avatar
    Gil
    Woot
    Gifts K-on Pick Black Cat Manekineko
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-13-2011 11:47 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Congratulations Avi-chan. Great work Aiacos. Maybe when I have enough time I can join too.

:SET BY ME:
    Requests are OPENMy Works Illuminated Spirits
    November Update for my Ebook Collection!
    Don't take life too seriously. You'll never get out alive. -Bugs Bunny

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information