This was a tough one. I originally only had two judges, but it was a tie so I got a third judge. I've decided to just right out post all of their critiques.
Final battle: Aiacos vs. Avi-chan.
1) This is a pretty good sig. It fits the theme well enough in that an imposing male is featured in it. The colors are muted but all follow the same kind of somber scheme, which gives the sig good atmosphere. The text has a nice glow effect but if the only lighting in the whole thing. Overall, too much c4d spam ruined the depth and left little room for creativity. Use some brushes now and then, or try a smudge sig. Break out of the mold, you know? C4ds are awesome but learn to combine them with other things. With a little practice, you'll get it. Don't rest on your laurels.
2) You've chosen a nice image and have interesting cropping on it, I like that parts of it are cut off at the boarders which makes the image more interesting for the viewer. The color scheme is very nice and the colors work well together. Things that might help improve the image would be to perhaps lighten the background so that the make character pops out a bit more. Also, the text may do better in a darker area, like moving it over more toward the right of the figure into that darker section so that it's easier to read. Very good composition and layout. Good job!
3) Aiacos's signature seems too cluttered and the text should be moved a bit more to the right.
1) This sig is odd, but not. Ellipsis uses female stocks pretty often, so that works, but it looks like this one was superimposed on another stock? If it wasn't, the blending is off. If it was, it was done poorly and left traces behind. Half of the blind-folded girl's head is see-through. Beyond that, I really like this sig. it's clean, stylistic, and evokes a really strong mood. I would have liked a color added to it, like some splashes of deep red or purple, but black and white entirely was never my thing.
2) I love that yours looks like an old photo, especially with the vignetting around the outside and the fact that you've chosen to only have black and white for the whole image. You have also chosen an interesting cropping method for the figure, though it could be pushed a bit further, perhaps enlarging the figure just slightly and having her head a little off the image. Also, having her more to one side or the other could help as well, so maybe moving her just slightly to the right to make a little bit more room for the text on the left. The text is a nice touch but sort of fades into the background because of the gradient used on it. Leaving it all one color, like white, would help this. Pushing the background darker to make the image in the front pop out more can also be considered. However, your composition is very nice, regardless! Good job on your entry!
3) The text on Avi-chan's is killing me but the signature is overall better, it has extremely nice blending and is very unique
Judge 1: Avi-chan
Judge 2: Aiacos
Judge 3: Avi-chan
Our winner is @Avi-chan ! You can contact Kaitou Ace for your gashapon prize!