AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I need feedback on an Anime Manager

Junior Member Aelux is on a distinguished road Aelux's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2012 08:46 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default I need feedback on an Anime Manager

Hello all,

I am creating an anime database/manager, using MyAnimeList API. I need feedback on where the program should go and how useful it will be. I already have a working prototype for testing. It is still in the Alpha stages of development. I have a friend working on the visual end of things. It will not stay a console application forever.

Current features include adding anime from MyAnimeList into an offline database. There's a built-in help system for popular topics. That's about it so far.

Planned features:
    * Container (binders, shelves, boxes) specification for people who store their anime physically or virtually
    * Search for anime by genre, name, partial name, rating, etc... within your collection.
    * Tagging features for your own customized naming conventions, such as whether it's a DVD, CD, MKV, AVI, XVID, DIVX... You can specify any kinds of tags, which relate to the media. Quality, such as 480p, 720p, 1080p.

Screen Shot: http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/6526/consoless.png
    Name of the program has been censored for security purposes.

The program is not limited in any way by these future plans, these are just the ones that came to mind from my friend. The program is VERY open to suggestion and input from anyone who loves anime and has a need for a manager/database.

Now, I'm not going to advertise the program until it's in a much more stable state. I currently need someone who has a high enough tech level to understand how a console program works and is comfortable submitting reports through the current ticketing system that I have set up. (Ticket system is VERY easy)

Anyone who thinks they can help or would like to be apart of this programs development, let me know through PM.

P.S.
    Sorry for the length.

Ace Kaitous YOU Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou Ace's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Hat Rayman Baboon With A Gun Bioshock Syringe
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2024 09:22 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: kaitou ace42 PSN ID: kaitou42 Steam ID: kaitou_ace

Default Re: I need feedback on an Anime Manager

Well I like the general idea, and good to hear that you will have a gui for it, instead of being limited to a console app.
    My general suggestion would be that such a program is best if its portable, and can keep relative paths, so you can store the executable, with its database on the external drive with the media. Depending on my time constraints, I may be able to do some beta testing for you.

Junior Member Aelux is on a distinguished road Aelux's Avatar
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-15-2012 08:46 PM
    Threads

Default Re: I need feedback on an Anime Manager

I didn't even think about relative paths, that's a good idea. The time constraints are "as you can do it" . It's an open source project so I do it as I have free time and feel like it. Anyone willing to help out is welcome, regardless of how often you're able.

Should I PM you with details?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information