AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can anyone suggest some anime for me to try out?

Junior Member faerie-cat is on a distinguished road faerie-cat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2012 06:52 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Can anyone suggest some anime for me to try out?

Hi! I love anime but i want to watch some new ones. Can you find an anime/manga novel that might suit my taste? heres some things to work around-
    -I love Studio ghibli,i have all of them! (Totoro for the win!)
    -I enjoy some of teh darker animes like black butler
    -Im not too intrested in typical romantic animes set in a high school
    -NOTHING sexual and young girls with mahoosive breasts :P
    -I like things animal/anthro/neko related i.e wolf rain and i have seen a snipped of the -series "spice and wolf" (do you think its a good series should i watch more?)
    -Lurve deathnote!!!
    -i quite like hetalia
    -I really like animes which have eco messages i.e origin, princess mononoke, nausciaa vally of the winds
    - not too keen on pokemon, yu-gi-oh, digimon etc (theres just something childish about them)
    - i do like naruto though even if it might be counted as childish! XD
    -im not too intrested in lots of machinery and explosions and motorbikes and guns etc, not really my kind of thing.
    -I like cute/kawaii stuff but super cute stuff can get overly cute and annoying! i dont midn chibi as long as it doesnt take up too much of the anime (i used to skip the chibi part in hetalia) but i dont mind it popping up to express feelings and its really funny and random in black butler with the chibi tanaka etc :3 "HOH HOHHOH!"
    -I read manga too if you cant think of an anime!
    -Ilove natsumes book of friends

Ok so Thats some stuff to work around please comment suggestions, i have been suggested "blood c" before, is that good? thankyou
    -Faerie

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

Default Re: Can anyone suggest some anime for me to try out?

How about When They Cry? It's kind of boring for the first few episodes, but I loved it by the end of the series.
    Darker series... Hellsing?
    If you liked Death Note you might like Code Geass or Hell Girl.
    If you liked Wolf's Rain you might like Silver Fang (drawing a blank on the japanese name, Ginga something Gin?) or the sequel Ginga Densetsu Weed. There's also cute, albeit short, series about dogs called Massugu ni Ikou.
    I haven't really liked what I've seen of Blood-C but I did like Blood +.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Junior Member faerie-cat is on a distinguished road faerie-cat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2012 06:52 AM
    Threads

thanks i'll try them out!

Member WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Gemini Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2011 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EgoRapturexxx

Hard to say from your pickings.....the first thing that comes to mind is lucky Star? I've only seen one episode...been meaning to see more of it I think I've seen the episode where they go cosplaying or something...Also maybe High School of the Dead but kinda gory and has sleight nudity.

If your still stumped why not check this one out?

The art work is amazing. kinda sad though....
    I just found a sweet site. come and joinage.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It seems you would like anime that are at the seinen/josei demographic.
    Baccano!: Mixes mafia/alchemists/robbers and most of the story is aboard a train. Excellent storytelling style
    N.H.K. ni Yōkoso!: Focuses on topics like addiction (to MMOs, anime and galge), otaku culture, lolicon, drugs (novel and manga only), internet suicide and has dark comedy
    Bakemonogatari: A lot of dialogue (good dialogue though) but still very interesting. An ex-vampire so
    Mushishi: Episodic in nature. Follows the main character as he tries to solve mysteries involving mysterious creatures called mushi.
    Higashi no Eden: The female lead finds a young man naked in front of the white house holding a gun and a phone with 8 billion yen suffering from amnesia. Mostly mystery
    Top Secret ~The Revelation~: I haven't seen it yet but was recommended to by a friend
    Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~: Follows the life of two assassins who were brainwashed into becoming who they are while they try to remember who they were
    Kara no Kyoukai: Separated into 7 hour-long movies, it has amazing visuals and is supported by a very interesting story
    Darker than Black: Although its a Shonen, it has a good mystery involving people with supernatural powers called contractors who suddenly appear

Instead of Blood-c I recommend watching Blood+.
    Senjougahara Fascination

Member Sgt.Pepper is on a distinguished road Sgt.Pepper's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-21-2011 12:45 PM
    Threads

My suggestions:

High School Girls (or Girls' High): I really enjoyed this anime about a group of girls trying to settle in high school and the value of friendship. One of the episodes has a serious subject about sexual abuse.

Kappa no Coo to Natsuyasumi: It has several deep scenes. The bond with Nature is one of the main subjects.

K-ON: Watching it right now. It instantly became one of my favourite animes.

Samurai 7: Inspired by Kurosawa's classic "The Seven Samurais". An anime about honour, courage and friendship.

Working!!: It's one of those anime that makes us feel good by the end of the day. I have high expectations for the second season.

I hope my suggestions were useful.
    Last edited by Sgt.Pepper; 09-21-2011 at 08:07 AM.

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

The stuff you have no interest in is mostly what I've watched, but there is a few titles:

-Nana 7 of 7 (comedy, sci-fi, teen, superhero)
    -The Slayers (comedy, magic, fantasy, adventure)
    -Digi Charat (maybe too cutesy but still funny and odd)
    -Lupin III *movies* (If you get past his dirty mind, the action and adventure is real good)

Junior Member Yuika Amano is on a distinguished road Yuika Amano's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-23-2011 11:30 PM
    Threads

well I think you may like Canaan and DOGS bullet and carnage / DOGS stray dogs howling in the dark < an OVA with 4 episodes
    but if you like comedies I recommend Nichijou and Gintama
    and by the way Gibli has a new anime I think the title is Children who chased after lost song in deep below < this is gibli's new movie

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

Jigoku Shoujo: kind of a dark anime. It's about a girl who sends people to hell upon request.
    K-On!: It's really funny.
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu: Hmmm... I'm not really sure how to elaborate on this. I just wanted to suggest it.

That's all that comes to mind for now.

[Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information