AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recommendation please?

Junior Member BugPrime is on a distinguished road BugPrime's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-14-2011 04:25 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Recommendation please?

Hi everyone!
    Could anyone suggest an anime which actually gives a good feeling to watch? Ok, this sounds silly, I didn't mean hentai xDD I mean like I just watched School days recently and I got so annoyed of what happen in it that I actually quit it. So yeah, humor is a must, good points for epic moments, romance... and out of this world (I mean not a typical school drama or something. Scifi, fantasy or just not typical human characters (typical human in anime includes dress changing, saving world with a hearth shaped swoop da woop girls...)). Oh and a story that doesn't goes on and on for a gazillions of episodes. Maybe it gives a hint what I went through with my opinions on them:
    Tengen toppa guren lagan (had a pretty good moral to say, yet the story progressed and kept my attention.)
    Code geass (Sometimes I seen some wasted episodes and ideas, yet I still liked it. All hail Lelouch!)
    The Melancholy/Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (+chan xDD) (<-loving the plot, converted from atheist to Haruhism )
    Full Metal Alchemist original, Brotherhood, Movie (There where some meh... moments, but still...)
    Battle Programmer Shirase (when I saw it it was kind of unfinished, and I heard that its abandoned, is it true? o.O Still, loved it. Never got tired of that same old loli joke if you know what I mean. xD)
    Black Lagoon
    Ghost in the shell S.A.C. 1/2, and one of the movies (its ok, maybe I'm just saying cause the irritating Hungarian voice acting, never watching hundub again...)
    Soul Eater (would be nice if they not explaining the same things over and over again... if I hear demon egg soul one more time... (yeah, thats how it translated into Hungarian, no idea what was their real name (Patty <3^^))).
    Hellsing original, ova (<-still pretty hyped about the ova, why does the creator have to eat/sleep/live...?!?)
    Jungle wa itsomu hare notchi guu (damn I really hope I spelled this right. Lol'd the whole time, good for killing my brain cells. Not like I'm looking for something like that now xD)
    Needless (Needless to say... xD would have deserved more story development though... Foxhound <3^^)
    Bokusatsu Tensi Dokuro Chan (felt kind of rushed, but its good for the lolz )
    Genshiken (the idea sounded nice, yet I got bored of it after a while...)
    Kyoran Kazoku Nikki (such randomness transformed into a pretty nice story, I almost couldn't believe it xD Yet it felt not finished...)
    School Rumble (lacks ending, at least lacked when I watched it. Maybe I get back to it...)
    Toradora (lovely, yet didn't leave a mark (I had to google it))
    Seto no Hanayome ( I wanted to see more after the last episode. Its a nice ending, its just a personal thing...)
    Hetalia Axis Powers (love the idea, but how its made... meh...also this jumping around in different stories and watching some things over and over again... left me confused very much)
    FLCL (I dont even try to write it... Loved it sometimes, sometimes hated it. Once again an epic randomness turned out to be something good.)
    Elfen Lied (loved it, yet I'm looking for a MUCH more happier anime)
    Excel Saga (loved the idea, there were some boring episodes but it turned out good. The only reason I didn't fall in love with the main character that she reminds me of my sister too much...)
    I think that's all, not in chronological order. Also some old anime's I dont find/renember the title of including an AI tank going rogue and a shark shaped spaceship (<- if anyone knows any of them, I would greatly thank for their title). Hope this little ramble helps judging my preference.

Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1365 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-18-2014 06:49 PM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Recommendation please?

Quote Originally Posted by BugPrime View Post
    Hi everyone!
    Could anyone suggest an anime which actually gives a good feeling to watch?

Right now?

Gintama, Naruto, Silver fang and thanks to @Phantom Wolf I reacently have started to watch Wolf's Rain.
    But those are about it.

Really many different animes you have written up!

Other good animes... other good animes.... hm... what about Shugo Chara, Neo Angelique Abyss or.. NO WAIT! You have to watch Tegami Bachi Letter Bee - I love that anime!
    *nods nods nods* <--- that recommendation was my good deed for the day. (great since it's only hour left of this day and my karma would suffered badly if I hadn't done anyting before the day is out).

But you know... Silver Fang actually is good aswell. Maybe it's old but -sigh- it made me cry straight at the beginning.
    Last edited by SuXrys; 09-14-2011 at 04:30 PM.

3. Thanks BugPrime thanked for this post
    Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

Perhaps Ouran High School Host Club? It wasn't supernatural, but it was pretty funny and made me happy xD.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

5. Likes SuXrys liked this post
    Junior Member Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog has a brilliant future Sgt. Frog's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Gifts Frog
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-17-2011 01:09 AM
    Threads

As mentioned in one of the other posts, Gintama is an anime with loads of parodies to many, many things. I would definitely watch it...(although it has loads of episodes, which actually makes it better imo =3=)

I found Baka to Test to Shoukanjyuu to be hilarious when I watched it. I would classify it as somewhat sci-fi, with the summoning technology and whatnot in the midst of an academy.

Sgt. Frog / Keroro Gunso is humorous and childlike, providing all the insanity you can find in little 2-ft tall frog soldiers from a distant planet.

That's all I can remember right now...all the others I can think of are somewhat depressing...OTL I hope this helped you in your search! *frog salute*

Senior Member Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2013 12:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Comedy wise:
    Azumanga Daioh
    Nichijou
    A-Channel
    Minami-ke
    Mitsudomoe
    Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
    Seitokai Yakuindomo (the jokes in this one is quite sexual)
    Shinryaku! Ika Musume

Romance(with comedy) wise:
    Toradora!
    Kimi ni Todoke
    Hatsukoi Limited
    Lovely Complex (trust me, you will get a good feeling in you at some point)
    Hiyokoi (if you like this special ep, you`ll have to read the manga to find out what happens next unfortunatly)
    Welcome to the NHK! (great story)
    ef - a tale of memories (one of the best romance anime I`ve watched)

Taishou Yakyuu Musume, great story
    Fractale, adventure + scifi, and a very cute and happy main girl characther that will give you a good feeling xD

Adventure, action and shounen:
    Fairy Tail (I get a great feeling in me every time there`s a fighting scene, which is in almost every ep xD And the story is great too)
    One Piece (People need to keep in mind that One Piece isn`t set on earth but Oda`s fantasy world, thus the reason why alot of the characthers looks weird ;P Oda is the original creator)
    Gintama

Currently airing ones:
    Carnival Phantasm, this ova series is pretty fun. You don`t have to have watched the anime where the characthers in it is from, but it helps. Fate/stay Night and Shingetsutan Tsukihime.
    Hanasaku Iroha
    Usagi Drop, very adorable
    Yuru Yuri, great comedy
    SKET Dance
    Last edited by Des; 09-15-2011 at 08:19 AM.
    Yey

Girl in the avatar is Rikka from Chuunibyou.

8. Thanks BugPrime thanked for this post
    Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

One Piece

There's so many 'OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII' moments it's unbelievable.

Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Romance/Comedy (with no supernatural elements):
    -Kimi ni Todoke (Although there are constant misunderstandings between the characters, I still found this to be an enjoyable fun anime)
    -Lovely Complex (The two main characters are very funny and its an overall cute anime)
    -Itazura na Kiss (I would definitely recommend this as an anime that makes you feel good especially during the second half - it doesn't end when the characters get together but continues and shows their relationship)
    -Welcome to the NHK (One of my all-time favorite shows (seen in my avatar and sig) - very interesting story)
    -Ouran High School Host Club (An excellent comedy series with romance elements)
    -Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu (A cute anime all around)

Romance/Comedy (With supernatural elements):
    -Spice and Wolf (Tells the story of a travelling merchant who finds a deity in his cart and begins to travel with her)
    -Chobits (Haven't finished yet but enjoyable so far)

Action/Comedy/Adventure (With supernatural elements):
    -Baccano! (One of the best anime ever released. Isaac and Miria are the best duo I have ever seen - combines Mafia, thieves, immortals and alchemists)
    -Durarara!! (From the makers of Baccano! - also very very good)
    -Full Metal Panic! (You don't even have to like mecha to watch this. The protagonist's complete lack of common sense on normal lifestyle produces many hilarious events)
    -Samurai Champloo (Combines samurai and hip-hop. Same people that made Cowboy Bebob)
    -Bakemonogatari (One of the only anime where 15 minutes of pure dialogue is incredibly entertaining. Very good animation)
    -Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners (Although slightly more serious than my other recommendations, it seems to be something you would like. Incredible animation)

Comedy:
    -Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Unique animation style)
    -Azumanga Daioh (No plot - good to watch when you are short on time and want to get a dose of comedy)
    -Full Metal Panic! Fumoffu! (The best filler season I have ever seen in an anime)

Shounen:
    -Fairy Tail (Like Des said, the fights are very fun to watch)
    -Zero no Tsukaima (Expect lots of shounen cliches - still found it enjoyable though, same voice actor for this anime an Toradora!'s main female protagonist - same personality also)
    -Black Cat (A 24-episode anime that I really enjoyed)

The anime with underlines below them are the ones I highly recommend.
    Last edited by Screwby; 09-15-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Fixed title error in Wolf and Spice
    Senjougahara Fascination

11. Thanks BugPrime thanked for this post
    Likes Darkhallows, Des liked this post
    Senior Member Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des has a reputation beyond repute Des's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-26-2013 12:15 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ThomasakaDes

Quote Originally Posted by Screwby View Post
    -Wolf and Spice (Tells the story of a travelling merchant who finds a deity in his cart and begins to travel with her)
    It`s the other way around, Spice and Wolf, hehe.
    Yey

Girl in the avatar is Rikka from Chuunibyou.

13. Thanks Screwby thanked for this post
    Senior Member Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby has a reputation beyond repute Screwby's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Orange Dango Bioshock Eve Soul Eater Logo
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2012 05:34 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    It`s the other way around, Spice and Wolf, hehe.
    I was too used to the titles for each episodes haha its always Wolf and ...
    Senjougahara Fascination

Senior Member AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy has a reputation beyond repute AnimeBboy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Gurren Drill Gurren Dai Gurren Dan K-on Pick
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2014 01:14 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I would give Hajime no Ippo a try.

Member WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid has a brilliant future WoodKid's Avatar
    Gil
    Pensive
    Gifts Gemini Naruto Headband
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-24-2011 09:35 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: EgoRapturexxx

If you want to feel sad and I mean very sad I suggest you watch anything from Makato Shinkai. I'm too lazy to post all his work right now.

Try watching 5cm per second and the the place promised in our early days. Maybe you could try watching some anime movies instead anime series.....Dont stab me. >_<'

WK

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information