AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NC tries to ban gay marriage constitutionally

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default NC tries to ban gay marriage constitutionally

North Carolina will put an amendment banning same-sex marriage on the ballot in May after the state's House and Senate passed the measure.
    The measure cleared the Senate by a vote of 30-16, according to Mark Johnson, spokesperson for governor's office. On Monday the House also passed the measure by a vote of 76-41.

If the constitutional amendment is approved by voters during the primary in May, North Carolina would become the final state in the Southeast to add a constitutional amendment regarding same-sex marriage.
    Proponents of the measure said they felt it was important that the amendment be added so that it would protect the state's policy on gay marriage. North Carolina currently has a ban on same-sex marriage, but legislators are seeking to protect that ban by chiseling it into their constitution.
    “We think the people of this state – not judges, bureaucrats, or politicians – should define marriage, which I personally believe should be between one man and one woman," Senate President Pro Tem Phil Berger said in a statement after the measure passed. "We look forward to eight months of healthy debate before voters decide this issue at the polls.”
    full article: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/13...n-2012-ballot/

like, wth? same-sex marriage is already banned in the state. they want to make it 'super-banned' now? what a total waste of time.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

&#32
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 1
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Gifts V Guitar Coffee Red Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-11-2018 11:21 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: FunkyFresh123 Steam ID: RyuTama

Default Re: NC tries to ban gay marriage constitutionally

America honestly makes me sick, sometimes. First we were discriminatory against different races, and now we're discriminating against a sexual orientation. People are people, regardless of their own personal traits or preferences. It's the differences that should eventually come to bind us together.

The Bible? No offense to the religious here, but isn't there a section (right next to the verse that claims homosexuality as a sin), that says that eating freaking shellfish is also considered an abomination?

Also, lol at this:
    Rep. Dale Folwell, a Republican, said the vote is really about allowing the people to have control of their own constitution.
    Yes, because the fact that you live in a predominantly Republican state in no way affects what the results of the poll will be. I bet you would still propose this if you were in a Democratic state, ya? It would be fine either way, because it's the people (not the government, of course not) who have control over the constitution.

If you ask me, they should apply the whole Equal Opportunity Employment deal to everything in general; if they let the disabled get married, if they let those with different ethnicities or religions get married, then why not let homosexuals marry? This is the Land of Opportunity, isn't it?

"I'm tired of being the victim of shame; you're throwing me in a class with a bad name. I can't believe this is the land from which I came."

3. Likes Xeyuzio, blueangel06661 liked this post
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Just glad I don't live in a conservative/red state. I can side with Republicans when it comes to fiscal policies, but the Republicans' stand on social policies really turn me away. On the other hand, my governor will sponsor a gay marriage bill next year (following NY's lead), and I think it's got a pretty good chance of passing, so that'll even out with what silly North Carolina is trying to do.

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-28-2017 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

People just don't like what they don't understand. And deem what they don't understand as unnatural. Then because it's unnatural to them it must be evil and as such must be stopped. And has anyone noticed that it's really only christians against it? I don't mean all christians are but it still doesn't change the fact. And if you confront them about it they just go in circles and sort of avoid the question and bring up the bible every two seconds. It's like they can't think for themselves. There's also the fact the bible is nearly 2000 years old. Culture and society has changed since then. I guarantee if the bible was written today it'd be very different. These people just can't seem to think for themselves and listen to whatever some talk show/radio host tells them and doesn't question any of it or ask the basic question of why.

6. Likes Xeyuzio, blueangel06661 liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Sometimes im so glad that I am not an american. How people even can think about wanting to discriminate people like that is so unreal for me.

Havn't we come further then this? It's a new centuary now! You think people would think another step and not base all their choices on some old book, but (if they now are religious) instead see it as a guideline but look at it threw the eyes of today. The bible was written for the people 2000 years ago, you have to look at it with updated eyes if you don't want things like that article to happend.
    If the bible was written today, instead of when it actually was written, I am convinced that it would look different just as @GameGeeks said.

If God exist I don't think he hates homosexuals because he was in that case the one who created them. So he intended them to be like that. I mean.... even amoung other animals (almost every species have been found to have it - everything from apes to worms) homosexuality is something that exists! It's natural so saying that it's un-natural is just a proof of being ignorant and/or un-educated.
    Last edited by SuXrys; 09-14-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

8. Likes Xeyuzio, GameGeeks liked this post
    Senior Member Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat has a reputation beyond repute Assiduous✡Aristocrat's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-25-2016 03:10 AM
    Threads

The Bible is a horrible thing to use.

America isn't horrible.
    Certian people in America are.

10. Likes Geralace liked this post
    Senior Member SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys has a reputation beyond repute SuXrys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1401 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-14-2014 06:26 AM
    Berwald Oxenstiernas (Hetalia) vital regions [Sweden]
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ★ Tobifreed ★ View Post
    The Bible is a horrible thing to use.

Doesn't that depend on how you use it? Most of the ten commandments isn't bad and such.

Waiting for
    Christmas
    Season four of Sherlock
    The new Hobbit movie
    Season five of Game of Thrones
    New episodes of Downton Abbey

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-18-2016 04:10 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RyuTama View Post
    America honestly makes me sick, sometimes.
    North Carolina is not the entirety of America.

13. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat, Geralace liked this post
    Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SuXrys View Post
    Doesn't that depend on how you use it? Most of the ten commandments isn't bad and such.
    well, my take on that is that "don't kill", "don't steal", etc, should come off as pretty common sense things.

15. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Senior Member Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore has a reputation beyond repute Furore's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Ferrari Soccer Ball Favorite
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-17-2012 10:37 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It apalls me that people are so petty about lettings others live as they wish to.
    But regarding Christianity, there was a survey here in Australia recently indicating more Christians were for gay marriage then against. To me it seems that the problem lies with those in power - a bunch of old people that can't get over the hang-ups they were raised with. Fortunately as old people they'll die sooner rather then later.

If people are going to be so strict about homosexuality due to what the bible says, they should also be against any sex not for the purpose of procreation and also avoid certain foods such as delicious bacon.
    victoria aut mors

17. Likes Geralace liked this post
    &#32
    RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama has a reputation beyond repute RyuTama's Avatar
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    North Carolina is not the entirety of America.
    But North Carolina isn't the only part of America that discriminates. I was in the heart of California when Prop 8 was passed; it wasn't pretty. I realize that not every other country is all fair and nice to their people, but it just doesn't make much sense to me how we claim to be the "Land of Opportunity", when a lot of the time, we seem to be evoking a lot of opportunities to only a select group of people; first it was women and African-Americans, and now homosexuals are the primary focus of discrimination.

"The Land of Opportunity (so long as you're straight)"

Really now? I don't get it. I was merely using NC as an example of how the US as a whole really needs to open up its mind.

Of course, this is all my opinion. Everyone else can think or say as they please.

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Really now? I don't get it. I was merely using NC as an example of how the US as a whole really needs to open up its mind.
    The problem with the US is that we have a strong sense of state identity vs. federal union. The states have become so polarized in recent years that when you move to a different state it's like moving to a different country altogether. (For example, no Democratic presidential nominees would bother campaigning in CA or NY, just like no Republican nominees would in Texas or Arizona.) Because the states value their own identity and ideologies so much, that it's hard for us to come up with a national resolution on anything.

So yea, many people in the US need to open up their mind, but the US as a single entity is more complicated than it looks. Massachusetts rivals many European countries when it comes to open-mindedness, while some other states can be as conservative as some African country.

Eventually, we'll probably need the Supreme Court to settle this once and for all.

Gil
    Fine
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by animeyay View Post
    So yea, many people in the US need to open up their mind, but the US as a single entity is more complicated than it looks. Massachusetts rivals many European countries when it comes to open-mindedness, while some other states can be as conservative as some African country.

Eventually, we'll probably need the Supreme Court to settle this once and for all.
    historically speaking, what happens in New England, usually trickles down to become the rest of the nation. which is usually why I'm optimistic on social issues like these.
    Last edited by Skylar1; 09-14-2011 at 11:23 AM.

21. Likes Assiduous✡Aristocrat liked this post
    Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

@RyuTama Yeah, the term land of oppertunity hasn't applied to us in a very long time. The better phrase today would be The land of the rich.

Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

But North Carolina isn't the only part of America that discriminates. I was in the heart of California when Prop 8 was passed; it wasn't pretty. I realize that not every other country is all fair and nice to their people, but it just doesn't make much sense to me how we claim to be the "Land of Opportunity", when a lot of the time, we seem to be evoking a lot of opportunities to only a select group of people; first it was women and African-Americans, and now homosexuals are the primary focus of discrimination.

"The Land of Opportunity (so long as you're straight)"

Of course, this is all my opinion. Everyone else can think or say as they please.
    Explain to me how not not marrying detracts from someone's opportunities?

&#32
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by GameGeeks View Post
    @RyuTama Yeah, the term land of oppertunity hasn't applied to us in a very long time. The better phrase today would be The land of the rich.
    I wouldn't really say that... especially with the economy in the shape its in (although, who do we get to blame for that :X). Sure, there are plenty of people who are much better off than the majority of America, but that's simply because there's not much to compare it with. The middle class is being stretched farther than ever in the recent years; most citizens are either high class or lower class it seems. You're either wallowing in money or you're barely making it by. It's mainly because the government (there's that nasty word again), decides to either provide benefits to the wealthy, or make itself look good by providing for those suffering from poverty.

Then again, I'm not even 20 years old, so I don't pretend to know everything about politics or economics; this is just what I see going on.

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Explain to me how not not marrying detracts from someone's opportunities?
    For reference. Although, I never knew about this passage toward the bottom,

If you are in a same-sex marriage in one of the states where same-sex marriage is allowed (Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and D.C.), or if you are in a domestic partnership or civil union in any of the states that offer those relationship options, none of the benefits of marriage under federal law will apply to you, because the federal government does not recognize these same-sex relationships. For example, you may not file joint federal income tax returns with your partner, even if your state allows you to file taxes jointly. And other federal benefits, such as Social Security death benefits and COBRA continuation insurance coverage, may not apply.
    I stand somewhat corrected I suppose, but this passage just seems to irritate me more.

Aside from legal benefits and the like, there's the simple fact that many homosexuals are already deprived of their freedom of expression and personal preference. In a lot of people's eyes, marriage is what defines someone as a complete, independent person, I guess you would say (or at least this is what I was raised believing). If someone is in a relationship that lasts and lasts without ever escalating into a officially recognized marriage, then a lot of people could view that relationship as something not worth having; a waste of time. This applies to hetero and homosexual couples. I actually have a cousin who refuses to marry, even though she already has two children with the same man, and everyone in my family strongly disapproves. ...But that's besides the point.

In short, not being able to marry makes homosexual couples appear to have nothing but meaningless relationships.

And then, there's the dispute about the whole "sex before marriage" deal. Couples, regardless of sexual orientation, will have sex, yes? Whether during marriage or out of wed-lock, people's opinions and views vary. But what about the homosexual couples that aren't given the opportunity to marry? Does having sex out of wedlock even put more "sin" on their shoulders, even though they're "already going to hell"?

The whole idea just makes homosexuals look like uncivilized beasts; which is wrong.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

there's the simple fact that many homosexuals are already deprived of their freedom of expression and personal preference.
    Being married expresses something? Not marrying prevents people from choosing who they would like to take to the carnal carnival?

In a lot of people's eyes, marriage is what defines someone as a complete,independent person, I guess you would say (or at least this is what I was raised believing). If someone is in a relationship that lasts and lasts without ever escalating into a officially recognized marriage, then a lot of people could view that relationship as something not worth having; a waste of time. This applies to hetero and homosexual couples. In short, not being able to marry makes homosexual couples appear to have nothing but meaningless relationships.
    So, signing a contract makes the relationship valid, gives it actual meaning?

&#32
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Being married expresses something?
    It expresses that the relationship between two people is accepted and approved.

Not marrying prevents people from choosing who they would like to take to the carnal carnival?
    I don't recall saying that. Don't put words in my mouth, please.

So, signing a contract makes the relationship valid, gives it actual meaning?
    To some, no. To others, yes. To homosexuals, I'm sure they would very much appreciate having their relationships accepted by the state. If I were wanting to marry someone the same sex as I, I would feel rather betrayed by my people for denying my right and desire to marry the person I love.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

It expresses that the relationship between two people is accepted and approved.
    So, being married expresses that the state approves of the relationship?

there's the simple fact that many homosexuals are already deprived of their freedom of expression and personal preference.
    I don't recall saying that. Don't put words in my mouth, please.
    Last edited by Anoleis; 09-14-2011 at 12:37 PM.

&#32
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Have I been missing something?

I was referring to their sexual preference, not where they chose to take their partners for entertainment. T.T

Gil
    Paranoid
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

In a way, yes, they should be able to receive all the benefits a man and a women get. Such as the right to make medical decisions, joint taxes, etc.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I was referring to their sexual preference, not where they chose to take their partners for entertainment. T.T
    Carnal carnival = sex/ sexual relationship

&#32
    Gil
    Where
    Mentioned
    1093 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

What is gained from having the state approve of the relationship?
    All those legal benefits and the like that I stated earlier, perhaps?

Carnal carnival = sex/ sexual relationship
    Thank you for clearing that up.

EDIT: I have a Psychology class to attend. We'll continue this later if you want. Ciao.

The warrior of time aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether has a reputation beyond repute aether's Avatar
    Gil
    Tired
    Gifts Bear Bleach Zangetsu Katana
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-04-2015 10:29 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: aether370

I hate to say this but considering America is suppose to be a country that 'brings democracy' to the rest of the world it sure loves dictating to it's own citizens on what they can and can't do. It's essentially Nazi Germany except its in disguise and I wouldn't be supprised if they started a holocaust of their own.......oh wait they already are in the middle east with the supposed war on terror. I think you'll find that the simplest way of stopping terrorism is by getting rid of the reason why terrorists act under which is the invasion of the Middle east.

Wake up America from your paranoid slumber, the whole world isn't after you its just that you are making your own enemies.

Gil
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aether View Post
    I hate to say this but considering America is suppose to be a country that 'brings democracy' to the rest of the world it sure loves dictating to it's own citizens on what they can and can't do.
    North Carolina will put an amendment banning same-sex marriage on the ballot in May after the state's House and Senate passed the measure.
    Oh yes, giving people something to vote on is highly undemocratic.

Closed Thread

Thread Information