Wolf XIII: Digimon Edition
Start time: 6am Saturday 24th September Australian Eastern Standard Time (4pm Friday 23rd September US/Eastern time)
Play by Play:
Day Phase #1: Aleyna (Townie) lynched after tie breaking dice roll.
Night Phase #1: Wolf kill failed due to intended victim having [Metal Spirit] in inventory, The Assassin killed -GAZKUL- (Alpha Wolf)
To sign up: Post in this thread before the game starts. Start time will be edited into this initial post, but will depend on how quickly people sign up.
How this game will work: Players will be sent a character role by me via PM after signups close and before the game starts. Roles will be one of three factions - Townies, Wolves and Independents (though two independents will be working together). There are two phases, night phase and day phase, each lasting 24 hours that cycle until the game ends.
The first, day phase, is the time when players of all factions will nominate a player for lynching (effectively removing them from the game) - this is where Townies can eliminate Wolves BUT it is possible for anyone to go - smart Wolves may try to influence the voting so a Townie or Independent goes. If a player makes two posts during this thread, each over 150 characters long (including spaces), they have the possibility of gaining a reward (see below)
On the second phase, night phase, players with night actions (as detailed under roles below) can PM me with how they wish to use their action (can be used every night phase unless the description given restricts usage). This is also where the wolves remove a Townie from the game - if a wolf, PM me your choice for who you wish removed from game, whoever gets the most votes is wolf killed.
Reward system: If a player makes two posts in a day phase, each over 150 characters, they will have the possibility of searching for and finding an item. First, a 1d4 will be rolled giving them a 1 in 4 chance of gaining an item. If they meet the requirements four turns in a row and the first three attempts failed, the fourth try is an instant success. If they succeed, a 1d20 will be rolled and the corresponding single use item on this list will be theirs, and PMed to them without other players knowing what they recieve. If the item has been used, the 1d20 will be rerolled until an unused item is selected and in the event that all items are used during the game, the items will all be restocked. The rolls will proceed as soon as the host has noticed that the requirements have been met, in the order of which they've been met.
Die notes: For those unfamiliar with die based systems, the first number shown is the number of die, and the second number is how many sides the dice has, so a 1d20 is a single dice that has 20 sides. I'll be using the Dice for D&D app as found on the Android Marketplace.
Townies: The townies win when all wolves have been lynched.
Wolves: The Wolves win when the number of Townies has been reduced to the same or a lower number then the number of remaining wolves.
Independents: Share a victory with either Townies or Wolves if they survive to the game's conclusion.
Mayor: The Mayor's vote counts as two during lynches in day phase and he/she has the power to break ties if they arise.
Seer: The Seer has the night action to PM me a player's name during every night phase and at the end of that phase that person's role will be revealed to him/her through a PM.
The Protector: The Protector has the night action to PM me a player's name during the night phase (including his/her own) and if any action would kill the selected player it will fail. This ability can not be used on the same player on consecutive night phases.
Generic Townies: Generic Townies vote for who to lynch during a day phase and have no special abilities, but can work together to lynch wolves.
Alpha Wolf: The Alpha Wolf's vote is doubled during both phases (lynching/wolf killing) and their vote can break ties during night phase.
Wolf with Minion: The Wolf with a Minion has the additional night phase ability to PM me with a player's name. While the Strings Puller (see below) is alive, there is a 25% chance that they will be given that player's role and a 75% chance they will be given the information that the Strings Puller wishes them to have with no indication the information is false. If the Strings Puller does not use his night action, the success rate becomes 50%. If the Strings Puller is removed from the game, there is a 75% chance they will be given the correct information and a 25% chance they will be messed with by their Minion.
Generic Wolves: Generic Wolves vote for who to wolf kill during night phases and must work as a team to bring the number of townies down to win.
Assassin: The Assassin has the night action to PM me a player's name once during every night phase. This person will die at the end of the night phase unless the Protector has chosen to protect him/her. If the Assassin is picked to be wolf killed during a night phase, he/she instead loses his/her ability and becomes a Generic Wolf. This will be mentioned in this thread after it occurs, but the player name will be protected.
Scout: The Scout will work together with the Strings Puller (see role below) and gains an ability identical to the Seer but with the disadvantage that 50% of the time his/her vision is obscured and as such the ability will fail.
Strings Puller: The Strings Puller will work together with the Scout (see role above) and has the night ability to gain knowledge of what the Wolf with Minion (see above) sends his Minion to find and to PM me false information to send to the Wolf with Minion. It can either be that X player is Y role, or simply a small message. If the Wolf with Minion is lynched or Assassin killed, the Strings Puller may send the Minion on a final job on the next day phase after the kill. This will take the form of a 'Minion vote' which can be for who the Strings Puller votes for or someone else entirely.
The Minion: Represented by DemiDevimon, the Minion is that of the Wolf with Minion but rebellious and manipulated by the Strings Puller. He exists solely for the abilities he effects.
The Enforcer: Leopardmon, the Holy Knight Digimon, will use his Blockade attack to deny a day phase vote to those who troll or flame outside of the odd time for the sake of the role being played. He will use his attack to destroy any player who does not vote during two consecutive day phases or misses a total of three day phases.
- All votes must be in bold - this includes lynching votes, wolf kill votes and night actions.
- All players must vote once per day phase and can change their vote at any time before day phase ends. Not voting on two consecutive days or missing a total of three day phase votes will result in being inactive killed.
- There will be NO POSTING during night phases - if you're not a wolf or someone with a night action, you should be tucked away either asleep or in bed talking strategy to your fellows via PM. Even Digimon need to recharge.
- Do not post after you've died until the game concludes.
- Role-claiming (suggesting you have an alternate role to other players) is allowed.
- Do not share any PMs that I have sent you to others. If anyone has been found doing so they will instantly be killed in game.
- There will be no communication outside these forums unless permission is given by me. I'm more then happy to allow the Wolves or the Independent duo a place to properly strategise as suits them. Townies can communicate with eachother, but only via PM. Why? I find it promotes Townie strategy. Getting a good Wolf player to fess up or expose themself in a thread only game is near impossible.
- Trolling/flaming is discouraged, but acceptable up to the point where it becomes unuseful - putting suspicion on someone is fine, dissing someone or their mother for no reason is not. For a single violation of the above, or more then four posts in a row of harmless trolling between two players, a block on their day phase will be granted. Multiple transgressions will result in a death post removing them from the game.
- Each Phase lasts 24 hours and will begin at 6:00am Australian Eastern Standard Time which according to a time zone app I'm utilising is 4:00pm US/Eastern time, with daylight savings on.
- For any other enquiries, VM/PM me or email me at celtic_silver_89(at)hotmail[dot]com
- When a tie is present but tie breaking characters are all killed, a die will be rolled to tie break.
- After the game starts a play by play showing the events of each turn will be edited into the top of this post.
- Number of generic characters will depend on how many signups we get. I will edit the number into the Character Roles section between sign-up close and game start.
1. -GAZKUL- (Alpha Wolf) - Assassin killed during night phase #1
7. Aleyna (Townie) - Lynched during day phase #1
8. VocaTAU < Xey Oiz
10. Chef Masta K < Kaitou
14. King Tatty