AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Artists that have changed

Senior Member th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8 has a reputation beyond repute th_afuro_samurai8's Avatar
    Gil
    Wasted
    Gifts Ice Cream Trollface Rageface
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2012 11:07 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Artists that have changed

There are lots of artists who began with really good, meaningful music. Now, they have just pointless stuff. The beats aint no good, the words are useless...have you ever heard any of those types of artists? Name them here;
    honestly...i think Rhianna just fell...along with lots of others.

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Artists that have changed

Eminem used to be good, now all the dude does is scream. =\

Cute Member Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~ has a reputation beyond repute Uta-chan~'s Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts Heart Camera Dslr Venus Crystal Henshin Pen
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-26-2012 04:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

This happens with pretty much every songwriter. They have good intentions at first but when they start getting more popular and famous, they're pressured into getting more fan service, otherwise some other singer will take their spot. So they sing about themes they wouldn't normally want to sing about or perform in a different style. Like what was up with Miley Cyrus' sudden change? It sure got her more attention, but all for the wrong reasons.

I used to love Simple Plan, they were my favorite band back when I was 12 but I'm not really digging the new stuff. But my heart lies with instrumental music now, so it doesn't really bother me.
    Set by me.

☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆
    |Sigma★|
    |Kaitou$|Daken :'D|Neuko's Pokemon Trainer|
    |AF onii-chan: Jump_for_Luck||dark_butterfly's mommy|
    |Elphaba's Penguin|Proud daughter of Aleyna and Anuket|
    ~ ♥ ~

Junior Member SoulKnife is on a distinguished road SoulKnife's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2011 04:04 PM
    Threads

It's unfortunate. Many artists(more like posers) give into profit motive, they abandon their artistic intentions to follow the latest craze and write songs on themes that are akin to standardized mainstream music that are nothing unique for the sake of capturing a larger audience for money and fame. Girugamesh was one of my favorite Jrock bands, I loved their unique style of music and loved the deep lyrics. They've been singing about child-like passion that was forgotten present in everyone's heart, monotonous everyday-routine that essentially makes people a cold cog in a machine without meaning, about music stating that it breaks through language barriers to inspire everyone no matter the nationality, ethnicity, culture; sort of like a universal language. Surprisingly they've wrote songs criticizing artists that blindly follow the latest craze and artists that are "corrupt by money" who don't write genuine lyrics anymore and in one of the band's songs, they've even promised the fans that the band will not lower themselves like that but what do you know? Their latest album was completely contrary to the words in that song. I lol'd when the songs became all lovey-dovey all of a sudden and lol'd again when the singer started dancing as if he was one of those commercial idols you see on tv. Some bands change in a positive way though like the band, Dir En Grey, experimenting to find their true colors. They were more soft-pop that can easily appeal to mainstream audience but now their songs are grindcore-resembling lol. I dislike "artists" that have little respect for their own unique artistic style, I like artists that have high pride for their music even if not many people find their music appealing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information