AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for some anime

Junior Member Logitone is on a distinguished road Logitone's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2011 05:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Looking for some anime

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a new anime! I'm not a real expert when it comes to anime, I've watched some, but I still consider myself a noobie. I think I have somewhat of an idea of what I want now, but it's kinda hard to explain. The last anime I watched was ''Higurashi no naku koro ni''. I really enjoyed it, started watching it because of the horror, but strangely enough ended up liking it more because of the school scenes. I never really laugh when watching anime, but Higurashi was sooo over the top with it's humor that I cracked up every time they were playing cards/hide and seek/something else. People recommended me to watch ''The melancholy of haruhi suzumiya'', because it was about school life too, without the horror, but for some reason I didn't like it. I didn't really like the main character nor the other characters, they were kind of bland to me. I know there are more ''school life'' anime out there, but I guess I just want something funny, with lots of equal characters (Higurashi never really focused on any specific char, all were given the same amount of attention in my opinion). I also like the concept of ''one guy bunch of girls'' (I think there's a name for this type of anime?). I've also watched Rosario + Vampire a looong time ago, that one was okay too, though it was more focused on extra terrestrial then school life, but hey, the people who don't know Higurashi can maybe compare something to this.

I'm also looking for something completely different, basically an anime just like a japanese rpg, Final Fantasy for instance. Someone going on an adventure, meeting people and trying to save the world/a girl/something else. It would be lots of fun to watch something like that without me having to push several buttons for progression of the story every 5 seconds.

I don't mind if it's dub/sub, nor do I mind the length (though 100+ episodes would be a little hardcore for me).

Thanks in advance!

Senior Member Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum has a reputation beyond repute Anime Forum's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    376 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-04-2022 08:14 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Looking for some anime

Try Fooly Cooly/FMA. Both are different than what you are looking for, but both are quality made animes and you'll be happy you watched them than rather miss your chance.
    By the way, ever try out Durarara?
    Nonon Jakuzure - Best Kill la Kill bae
    Ota "The Cutest Otaku" 2016 - Lol, how's your account doing lately? Oh wait.
    Pretty damn great! #spoke2soon

Junior Member Logitone is on a distinguished road Logitone's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2011 05:39 PM
    Threads

I've watched FMA, and it's a good anime, yes, but I feel like it's overrated. It was very safe, very done by the books in my opinion. Durarara looks like fun, I'll look into it. Thanks!

Senior Member Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows has much to be proud of Darkhallows's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-11-2012 12:51 AM
    Threads

Um... Highschool of the Dead? If you don't mind eechi.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

A JRPG-like anime? I have an excuse to recommend PoPoLoCrois!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information