AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Am I the only one who doesn't care for FMAB?

♡ Your Royal Sprinkles ♡ Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake has a reputation beyond repute Princess Cupcake's Avatar
    Gil
    Psychadelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Kawaiislice Cake
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-29-2012 09:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Am I the only one who doesn't care for FMAB?

I am not very fond of Brotherhood. I like the original anime series better. After all, it did come first (anime wise) and I have good memories of watching it with friends and singing all the theme songs. For some reason, when the Xingese characters were introduced, I developed a hatred for them. I was also turned off by the beginning, as it felt so rushed that I stopped watching. I may continue watching brotherhood but I have little hope that it will grow on me.

{ [Etsy Shop.] [Poetry.] [Art Thread.] }
    Set By
    Seung-Li <3

Senior Member Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」 has a reputation beyond repute Ayu 「あゆ」's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-27-2013 05:08 PM
    Threads

I did like the original anime a lot better too in a lot of respects, and it has the better ending, imo. But the 15 episode introduction kind of almost killed my interest in it.

In FMAB, you don't have the lame 15 filler episodes and instead you cut straight to the chase with the story.

I like FMA's ending better.

FMAB screwed up on the ending in a few ways tho it was still an epic climax, but omg, why save the entire country from the dreaded transmutation circle with a Deus Ex Machina?? '>.>

FMAB has the better story still imo, and it is much more robust and action packed. And something new is always happening with the story. The animation and music is amazing also. The music is ABSOLUTELY B-E-A-UTIFUL!! I have most of the soundtracks on my phone to listen to as I please. But with FMAB, I feel the "Door of Truth" should not have been revealed so early in the story as it was (2nd episode, ugh).

FMAB was a much more epic battle in very sense of the word and there was never a dull moment. And so in the end, I still loved FMAB much better.

Member BadBoss is on a distinguished road BadBoss's Avatar
    Gil
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-15-2012 11:06 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I never read the manga. Definitely liked Brotherhood more, but that's not to say that I didn't like the first one. Can't say that I remember differences in animations, since there was some downtime in between the series. I definitely don't recommend watching Brotherhood right after the original. Let it settle for a while and pick it up later when you feel like you have a FMA craving. Watch it with no expectations as a completely different version. Once the storyline starts forking off it's a little weird at first, but totally worth it

Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts One Piece Flag Soul Eater Shinigami-sama Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-26-2012 02:33 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

You're not the only one!
    I finished watching FMA some months ago and really liked it, it was really confusing when I started watching Brotherhood so I give up almost already

However, according to various opinions here on AF, Brotherhood is really awesome and better than FMA, so I'll definetely give it a go someday!

"I never think of the future. It comes soon enough."
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources."
    "Great spirits have often encountered violent opposition from weak minds."
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    "I want to know God's thoughts; the rest are details."
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge."

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NWR KazzyMac PSN ID: Kazzy-Mac Steam ID: kazzymac

I wouldn't necessarily say outright that Brotherhood is better than the 'original' FMA. After all, both are essentially animations of the exact same material.

The main difference is whether you prefer an anime that sticks stringently to the source material (manga) or whether you don't mind it doing its own thing sometimes. I've only seen Brotherhood in entirety but I enjoyed both series from what I've seen of the original.
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

Quote Of The Moment:

Currently working on: Oh my Glob! Psygnosis got in touch with us ... Rollcage Redux! New and improved Rollcage 1.
    ^ RollCageX is back! Now called ReCaged.. ^

:Godly on Blur:
    My Youtube Channel || Epic Clan Battles
    BEST. GAME. EVER.

6. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Back To Business ~> Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke has a reputation beyond repute Mugiwara-no-Basuke's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily say outright that Brotherhood is better than the 'original' FMA. After all, both are essentially animations of the exact same material.

The main difference is whether you prefer an anime that sticks stringently to the source material (manga) or whether you don't mind it doing its own thing sometimes. I've only seen Brotherhood in entirety but I enjoyed both series from what I've seen of the original.
    Oh, I see, so Brotherhood sticks more to the manga than FMA, right?

TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 07:54 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NWR KazzyMac PSN ID: Kazzy-Mac Steam ID: kazzymac

Pretty much.

I've only seen the first eight or so episodes of the original FMA though, so I don't know much it differs from the manga as it progresses further. I've heard the ending is different, but I'm not going to go spoiling much more than that ... mostly because I can't even remember the ending for it x_X
    : The Game. You just lost it. :

Quote Of The Moment:

Currently working on: Oh my Glob! Psygnosis got in touch with us ... Rollcage Redux! New and improved Rollcage 1.
    ^ RollCageX is back! Now called ReCaged.. ^

:Godly on Blur:
    My Youtube Channel || Epic Clan Battles
    BEST. GAME. EVER.

9. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ranshiin View Post
    Pretty much.

I've only seen the first eight or so episodes of the original FMA though, so I don't know much it differs from the manga as it progresses further. I've heard the ending is different, but I'm not going to go spoiling much more than that ... mostly because I can't even remember the ending for it x_X
    The ending of FMA sucks: It's like the end of

InuYasha first series, stays totally open -_-
    Last edited by Mugiwara-no-Basuke; 07-18-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Member BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus has much to be proud of BlackLotus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2012 09:17 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

To be perfectly honest I quite enjoyed both series. I also watched FMA before FMAB and they are both great shows in their own rights. I wouldn't judge a show just because the opening was shorter, I mean does it really matter that just feels like nitpicking to me. For me I actually liked FMAB much better than the original. Especially since you learned about xing, the hommunculus orgins, etc. For me there was just a lot more in FMAB. Also FMA's ending was weaker than FMAB. So I would have to say both shows are enjoyable and I recommend that you watch both of them.

12. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackLotus View Post
    To be perfectly honest I quite enjoyed both series. I also watched FMA before FMAB and they are both great shows in their own rights. I wouldn't judge a show just because the opening was shorter, I mean does it really matter that just feels like nitpicking to me. For me I actually liked FMAB much better than the original. Especially since you learned about xing, the hommunculus orgins, etc. For me there was just a lot more in FMAB. Also FMA's ending was weaker than FMAB. So I would have to say both shows are enjoyable and I recommend that you watch both of them.
    FMA ending is hardly called an ending

I definetely can't wait to start watching FMAB, seems really promising!

14. Likes BlackLotus liked this post
    Little Green Miko Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome has a reputation beyond repute Kagome's Avatar
    Gil
    Asleep
    Gifts Pluto Garnet Orb Be Mine Flowers Fan2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-20-2014 04:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: KagomeHime PSN ID: KagomeMiko

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha_Luffy View Post
    FMA ending is hardly called an ending

I definetely can't wait to start watching FMAB, seems really promising!
    It is a good ending. Wraps everything up very nicely.~ And-unlike the first anime Brotherhood kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was watching it...Even though I *knew* what was going to happen because I'd read the manga before hand...
    How'd You Like That On Your Lawn?!
    "I may be empty, but I'm not worthless!"

...Clear...

16. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke, BlackLotus liked this post
    Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Higurashi Kagome View Post
    It is a good ending. Wraps everything up very nicely.~ And-unlike the first anime Brotherhood kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was watching it...Even though I *knew* what was going to happen because I'd read the manga before hand...
    I already liked FMA pretty much so I guess FMAB will be one of my fav animes

Senior Member Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Hot Dog With Ketchup Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 08:55 AM
    Threads

The ending of FMA sucks: It's like the end of InuYasha first series, stays totally open -_-
    Sir, i know you do it often already. But could you also put a spoiler on that one. Since i was still planning to watch that. XD Not that i care much about it.

Gil
    Amazed
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forbuki View Post
    Sir, i know you do it often already. But could you also put a spoiler on that one. Since i was still planning to watch that. XD Not that i care much about it.
    Sorry about that, I indeed usually use the spoiler code Already correct it

Senior Member Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth has a reputation beyond repute Mystelinth's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Cheshire Cat Hot Dog With Ketchup Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-17-2014 08:55 AM
    Threads

Sorry about that, I indeed usually use the spoiler code Already correct it
    Hai hai. Thzank you

21. Likes Mugiwara-no-Basuke liked this post
    Member alchemist4533 is on a distinguished road alchemist4533's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-14-2012 03:26 AM
    Threads

All things considered, I would say, that it is impossible to judge. the jump in animation technology, as far as cell shading goes, if they were both produced at the same time, I think the animation would be very similar. The advancement is cell shading in those 6 years between the series was vast. The first FMA was limited by its time (yes, an iron man 2 reference). However, as far as story goes, both are different and I honestly can not decide between them. They are both great, however, I will say that I think I can appreciate the darker theme of FMAB and the personal achievements of the characters more than in FMA original. They both have their strong point, the original was what led me to anime as a semi-adult (undergrad) and will always hold a special place in my heart. but strictly as an objective observer, FMAB was a better anime.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information