AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Legend of Korra

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Default Re: Legend of Korra

Still no current or projected release date for the LoK graphic novels. =/

Hopefully we'll see something in the Comic Previews soon enough. They tend to be 2-3 months ahead of the actual release date. Though we should still hear something at least a couple of months before that happens. All else fails, stay tuned to the Free Comic Book Day postings. Like with A:tLA, we may see a quick preview comic before the graphic novel is even confirmed for a release.
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I liked the beginning, but then towards the middle it didn't feel like anything wow-inspiring and I dropped it.
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

The end was amazingly WoW inspiring.
    Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Member Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious is a name known to all Intenigious's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts 147 - Dratini Naruto Sharingan
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-07-2016 01:09 AM
    Threads

I disliked the ending, it didn't give me any closure whatsoever to the universe

Like even the comics do a better job of summing up their stories and they are like 3 book of 48 chapters...

I liked the korasami thing but I still feel TLAB's ending was much more 'amazing'

There just wasn't a huge overarching plot like Avatar had to bring the whole series together.

I remember feeling happy after the 'joyful' ending of each avatar episode, but each Korra episode ends with something tragic.

Which is ok considering Dimartino and Koneiztko (not even gonna try to spell) were aiming at the same demographic who watched TLAB as a children, so the story became more 'mature'

but still is it wrong to ask for another TLAB like show. I've sorta lost hope in the Western World's kids programming.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

They're coming out with a comic book that continues the story.

Anime is a lot like sex. Done right it's a beautiful act of creation that brings a little more light into the world. If it's sick and wrong... it's even better.

Author of "Slasher School Days", "How to Be an Anime Character", and "The Complete Lesbian Storybook" available from Amazon.com

Forever Bound. DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666 has a reputation beyond repute DeathBlade/13.666's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Dodge Viper SRT10 Beer Movie Ticket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2023 10:57 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: ChaosFluffy Steam ID: ChaosFluffy

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_n View Post
    They're coming out with a comic book that continues the story.
    Tell us something we don't know and haven't covered already...
    Good ol' Dogs never Die, they just keepin on livin' till their time comes.

I was born in AF Chat, molded by it, I didn't see AnimeForum until a few years after I decided to register my username.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 04-05-2016 at 07:07 PM.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Dark Horse Comics will release the first volume in a brand-new The Legend of Korra graphic novel series, The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars in June 2017.

This three-part graphic novel series is written by Nickelodeon TV series co-creator and executive producer Michael Dante DiMartino, drawn by Irene Koh (Batgirl, 1602, TMNT), with covers by Heather Campbell (Free Comic Book Day 2016: The Legend of Korra), and consultation by TV series co-creator and executive producer Bryan Konietzko.

Turf Wars begins with Korra and Asami leaving the spirit world and returning to Republic City only to find political hijinks and human vs. spirit conflict, as a pompous developer plans to turn the new spirit portal into an amusement park, potentially severing an already tumultuous connection with the spirits. In addition, the triads have realigned and are in a brutal brawl at the city’s borders where hundreds of evacuees have relocated. In order to get through it all, Korra and Asami vow to look out for each other—but first, they’ve got to get better at being a team.

Dark Horse’s award-winning Avatar: The Last Airbender program has seen multiple number-one New York Times bestsellers and continues to grow with the current North and South series written by Gene Luen Yang, an Eisner Award winner and the National Ambassador for Young People’s Literature. Turf Wars is the latest release in an ongoing partnership between Nickelodeon and Dark Horse to bring fans the very best in graphic novels.

The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Parts 1–3 will serve as the official continuation of The Legend of Korra television series. The Legend of Korra: Turf Wars Part 1 is available for preorder today at local comic shops or through these fine retailers: Amazon, Barnes and Noble and IndieBound.

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

YAHOOOOOOOOO!

HA! I knew Kya liked girls!
    Last edited by Clayton_n; 08-09-2017 at 11:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information