AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Legend of Korra

Senior Member Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak has a reputation beyond repute Explorer Oak's Avatar
    Gil
    Chatty
    Gifts Shuriken Systems PS3 Batmobile 1989
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-15-2014 11:34 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Explorer Oak

Default Re: Legend of Korra

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    -'-SMH.-'-
    "A cartoon is a form of two-dimensional illustrated visual art. While the specific definition has changed over time, modern usage refers to a typically non-realistic or semi-realistic drawing or painting intended for satire, caricature, or humor, or to the artistic style of such works. An artist who creates cartoons is called a cartoonist.[1]The term originated in the Middle Ages and first described a preparatory drawing for a piece of art, such as a painting, fresco, tapestry, or stained glass window. In the 19th century, it came to refer to humorous illustrations in magazines and newspapers, and in the early 20th century and onward it referred to comic strips and animated films."

"Anime (アニメ?, [anime] (listen); i/ˈænɨm/ or /ˈɑːnɨm/) is the Japanese abbreviated pronunciation of "animation." In English-speaking countries, anime refers to a style of animation originating in Japan, characterized by colorful graphics and often featuring themes intended for an adult audience.[1] The intended meaning of the word 'anime' sometimes varies, depending on the context."

"Animation is the rapid display of a sequence of images of 2-D or 3-D artwork or model positions to create an illusion of movement. The effect is an optical illusion of motion due to the phenomenon of persistence of vision, and can be created and demonstrated in several ways. The most common method of presenting animation is as a motion picture or video program, although there are other methods."

Source: www.wikipedia.org

Pretty much, Cante's right. Why the debate? If it's animation, and it's not from Japan. It's accepted here. END OF STORY. There's no need to define what an "anime" is or a "cartoon" is. This is a place for folks to talk about their cherished Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, MTV (for any folks that can remember Aeon Flux and Liquid TV, or even just Beavis and Butthead), TechTV/G4TechTV/G4, or even SciFi (because I grow up watching Transformers re-runs on it, and it's Saturday Anime Night). Hell Folks can even talk about non-American anime like Kaena: The Prophecy (It's French). It's not about you complaining and griping about what's anime and what's not, like gear heads arguing about what's a true muscle car. It's just a place where folks and enjoy the best (and worse, or other) of anime made outside of Japan. (Hence the Non-Japanese/JP in the title.) In case y'all missed Kaitou Ace's welcome to this section, "So yes ^_^ trying this forum out. If you have a show you enjoy that'd fit here, bring it up here, where cartoon is not a dirty word o_o;"

------
    P.S. If you wanna argue about anime, cartoons, and animation; take it to Misc, Serious Talk, or even General. I don't care, just as long as it's not here.
    Agreed. Now everybody shut the hell up.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Cantelope View Post
    The point is that Legend of Korra seems pretty damn good, and no one who matters really gives two shits whether or not you think it should be labeled 'anime', 'cartoon', or 'hollabaloo'.
    I like the show,too. Jeez, cursing about a cartoon.

Because that is significantly more mature. Yeah, you certainly showed me. Bravo, good sir. I bow down to your unwavering commitment to a cartoon.

Dude, get a grip on yourself before you sprain something.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2017 04:54 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgirl90 View Post
    I like the show,too. Jeez, cursing about a cartoon.

Because that is significantly more mature. Yeah, you certainly showed me. Bravo, good sir. I bow down to your unwavering commitment to a cartoon.

Dude, get a grip on yourself before you sprain something.
    For someone my age, you severely lack reading comprehension; smh.

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Black Ribbon Rainbow Ribbon Mic
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-09-2013 09:40 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

well ithink its anime and its a good show so far i cant wait till saturday new episode on nick!!!

Sig ^ made by @Kaleohano *hugs*

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

For someone my age, you severely lack reading comprehension; smh.
    And you lack attention to grammar. So I guess we are at an impasse....

I understood what you said; I just didn't care (and why should I?). If you are going to curse in a post about a cartoon, you are taking things just a wee bit seriously.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

PK of the Azure Flame KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2016 03:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ohh_Powl

So far the show looks amazing, im excited to see how this era of Avatar will play out especially since its more modern, I also wanna see what other types of bending there are. The only ones I know of, other then the 4 basic elements, are metal and lightning...I also here there is lava bending as well but ive never seen it, but anyway...is it me or does the bending games they play remind you of blitzball from FFX
    Thank you to all who helped me get out of the red, i really appriciate it ^^

please click my egg

Senior Member Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope has a reputation beyond repute Cantelope's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by DeathBlade/13.666 View Post
    Pretty much, Cante's right.
    I don't know why you're still trying to save face wolfgirl90; frankly, you're going to just have to get used to seeing quotes like the above whenever I'm around.

Also, episode 3 link for North American viewers who don't feel like waking up early.
    http://www.nick.com/videos/clip/lege...l-episode.html

Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida has a reputation beyond repute Hanamaru Kunikida's Avatar
    Gil
    Amazed
    Gifts Penguin Movie Ticket Gabumon
    Mentioned
    595 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2024 02:28 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Third episode as great, watched it this morning.

Senior Member Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi has a reputation beyond repute Hakoshi's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Watermelon Squid Empty Box
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-06-2013 04:02 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: hakonoko

I just happen to be awake, when the episode was on TV..

nice episode xDD
    might keep watching it if I can lol

The third eye of love Koishi Komeiji Closed eyes of love
    Let us seek that side.
    (´・ω・`)コンチャ!

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-17-2021 05:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Marooroo Steam ID: Maru_Mod_Dashi

I was very happy with todays episode, but it does raise questions as to how Amon can remove someones bending, something [as far as we know] only Aang has been able to do, and even then it was dangerous.

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    (:| |: )
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

PK of the Azure Flame KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX has a reputation beyond repute KillerDragonX's Avatar
    Gil
    Hacker
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-05-2016 03:54 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Ohh_Powl

Wow, just saw the 3rd episode and im highly intrigued...I agree with Maru on this, I am anxiously wondering how Amon is taking away bending...
    Thank you to all who helped me get out of the red, i really appriciate it ^^

please click my egg

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I can't remember what he had to do to remove a person's bending; something about the giant spirit turtle if I recall correctly.

The Greekest Letter in the Alphabet. Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega has a reputation beyond repute Ωmega's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I can't remember what he had to do to remove a person's bending; something about the giant spirit turtle if I recall correctly.
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Energybending

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Gil
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Plot devices have mercy. The only people who have even seen Energybending is Aang, that turtle, and Firelord Ozai.

Perhaps there is a very distant tie to him? Next saturday I suppose.

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Plot devices have mercy. The only people who have even seen Energybending is Aang, that turtle, and Firelord Ozai.

Perhaps there is a very distant tie to him? Next saturday I suppose.
    Well, at the same time energy bending has very drastic displays of energy when done. Im thinking that perhaps Ty Lee [from TLA] learned a permanent form of Chi-Blocking, which Amon later learns. He might just be the grandson of Ty Lee or something
    Last edited by Ωmega; 04-21-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: typo

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

looking for 'someone just for me" <3 Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet is a splendid one to behold Chi The Sweet's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

its been a really good show so far and a person on here keeps bugging me about threads and post them i post when i please but any way i see a relationship and a closeness in the show if you were paying close attention it is really good though cant wait till saturday!!

Junior Member Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian is infamous around these parts Cambodian's Avatar
    Gil
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2012 09:54 PM
    Threads

I used to looooove Avatar last airbender!
    Im really looking forward to this!

One thing though. This is NOT an anime in anyway.
    Sure it LOOKS like one. But It is just a cartoon. Because Anime, are shows made in Japan.

This is not made in Japan.

18. Dislikes Cantelope disliked this post
    Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2024 08:51 PM
    Threads

How awkward is it for her teacher that Korra used to sleep with his mom?

Junior Member maan_11j is on a distinguished road maan_11j's Avatar
    Gil
    Dead
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-07-2012 09:32 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: maan11j

Need to watch this xD

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

how has the last wo weeks been like cuz i totally missed them i need info please!!!!!
    im gonna watch this weekend maybe?! i got a grad party to go to!! 2 actually but anyway can anyone catch me up plz!!
    Last edited by DeathBlade/13.666; 06-14-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Senior Member Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n has a reputation beyond repute Clayton_n's Avatar
    Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

23. Likes simek liked this post
    Senior Member SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2013 08:13 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Overlord3k

Well the first season ended and it was pretty awesome
    Can't wait for the 2nd season which will be 14 episodes

Gil
    Mentioned
    702 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SpeaR View Post
    Well the first season ended and it was pretty awesome
    Can't wait for the 2nd season which will be 14 episodes
    A season two has been confirmed??

.-.
    (o.o)
    |=|
    __|__
    //.=|=.\\
    // .=|=. \\
    \\ .=|=. //
    \\(_=_)//
    || ||
    () ()
    || ||
    || ||
    ==' '==

Senior Member SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR has a reputation beyond repute SpeaR's Avatar
    Gil
    Happy
    Gifts One Piece Mugiwara
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-15-2013 08:13 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Overlord3k

Quote Originally Posted by MaruDashi View Post
    A season two has been confirmed??
    Yes even before it aired I remember that a second season was confirmed
    It would be a total of 26 episodes. Season 1 with 12 and Season 2 with 14.
    I don't remember where I read this all but a simple google search should bring you to the answers.

I really wonder what season 2 will be about

Gil
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

"Aired" Ha!

I'm not sure how far they cn take this since she knows the other 3 elements already...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information