AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month July Phase 3 Results

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-25-2016 03:27 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month July Phase 3 Results

My apologies ladies and gentlemen (but mostly ladies). I had a fallout of my judges due to concerns over ethical queries, support for this contest, lack of compromise over things. So I have no judges! Luckily, some kind hearted person stepped up to plate.

This week, we will go simply, Entry 1 vs 2, Entry 3 vs 4.

Battle 1: BlueAngel vs. Ardelia

Blue........ has......... cut off the head of the stock image...... Very little contrast, very little little coordination with flow. The text is alright and flows. But we are just so DRAWN to the eyes and the whole head cut off things. The colors are just so flat, that there isnt a lot to grab your attention... as my new judge remarked, 'this is a very average signature.'

Ardelia has a similar problem, where the stock used is placed very close to edge of the signature. Resulting in a portion of the eyes being lost. The effects stand to kind of crowd the stock into the center, leaving it little room to breathe. The text being placed at an angle is fine, but we see Ardelia use the same font she always used. Overall, Ardelia hasnt really gone to the ends of the earth to explore her style here.

We give victory to Ardelia here, both entries had their faults, and were both pretty average, but Ardelia presents a better execution.

Battle 2: Seung vs Zenister

Seung's is a solid entry. Good use of color, but a little overdone. The light ray thing going over the character has been done before, and better. The circles are done a little clumisily, in that they arent organized to draw your eye to any particular area. They are all just about the same size, same density, and linked with a clipping mask. We hate they the have been meshed with the character's hair too.

Zenister has an.. alright color combination, but runs with the same thing she always does with these things. Removing all color from the stock, and replacing it with her own stuff. In this case its all right, but a bit boring at this point. There is too much negative space, so the signature feels empty and slopped with little happy flowers that we have seen before in her previous signatures in this contest. To quote the judge: 'The text is hard to decipher, and blends too well into the colors, which I am sick of.'

We give victory to Seung, overall better composed and a far better use of colors if a little overdone.

And there we have it! One final round a duel to death....

Ardelia vs. Seung-li! (see the next theme thread).

s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 01:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month July Phase 3 Results

Damn, I wanted a rematch with blue.

Great entry, seung, and good battle, everyone.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information