AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do you feel when people insult your favorite anime?

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads

Question How do you feel when people insult your favorite anime?

Or just anime in general? I personally don't care, because I make fun of stuff I like all the time, and I don't get mad if people don't feel the same way I do.

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

The Palmtop Tiger blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661 has a reputation beyond repute blueangel06661's Avatar
    Gil
    Angelic
    Gifts Hedgehog PPG Bubbles Alice
    Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-13-2018 07:05 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: blueangel06661 Steam ID: blueangel06661

Default Re: How do you feel when people insult your favorite anime?

I insult a lot of people for watching nothing but what is shown on Adult Swim. So I have no right to be offended back if someone says they don't like a show I watch. I just shrug and go about my business. People have their opinions and I have mine. Though for some reason people are scared of my opinions. I need to work on that.

今日...明日...永遠に...
    Interested in Pop-Up Cafes in Japan? Dango News is the place for you.
    Dango News
    | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    Threads

If they dislike my favourite one(code geass), and they actually watched it I'm all like "why would you, lol O_O"
    And if they don't like anime in general- I'm trying to discuss it with them and make them like it. Most of the time they're just ignorant, or self-deceiving or suffering from Animation Age Ghetto and I do feel obliged to help them.
    Last edited by nrL; 07-19-2011 at 10:27 AM.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 06:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

There's a fine line between fandom and fanaticism, and I never understood the latter. I watch/read anime/manga and I criticize and maybe make fun of my favorites all the time. You rarely ever see something perfect (if at all). Some people don't seem to comprehend that any series (hell, anything ever made) in the world can have good and bad sides, and that none of these sides can make the other ones any less "existent".

That means that when I write (objectively and politely) in my critique that [A] is bad, it doesn't automatically mean that [B], [C], [D] and [E] are all bad and that your precious, precious series sucks balls and should have never been made. Jeez, some people just can't read.

One of my flaws in the past is that I used to fail to draw the lines between the objective and the subjective (content vs. relating to it/enjoying it), and underrate (and insult) work on subjective basis. For example, the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya contained a fair share of thoughtful content (at least for its breed), but I was all like "harr harr, this is useless garbage" when in reality, my problem was mostly that I did not happen to relate to it.

Learning from that flaw made me start to see how people do it all the time. A lot of people underrate brilliant series just because they didn't happen to relate to them (or worse: just because they weren't infatuated with the characters). Sometimes, it kinda makes feel me a little sad to see that, although I'm mostly apathetic to it (... just as apathetic as I am towards anything else that is upside-down).

Finally, I don't really take offense from anything. It's really hard to offend me with your opinion about what I like or dislike.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 07-19-2011 at 10:41 AM. Reason: fixing grammar

Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I'm trying to discuss it with them and make them like it. Most of the time they're just ignorant, or self-deceiving or suffering from Animation Age Ghetto and I do feel obliged to help them.
    I very respectfully disagree with that. I don't think it's right to "make someone like something" honestly. I know a lot of people who don't like anime, just because they're not interested, and I just leave it at that. I think it's sad if they just turn it away because of the art style or not giving the stories a chance, but I wouldn't say they're self-deceiving or suffering from Animation Age Ghetto, if you will.
    There's a fine line between fandom and fanaticism, and I never understood the latter. I watch/read anime/manga and I criticize and maybe make fun of my favorites all the time. You rarely ever see something perfect (if at all). Some people don't seem to comprehend that any series (hell, anything ever made) in the world can have good and bad sides, and that none of these sides can make the other ones any less "existent".

That means that when I write (objectively and politely) in my critique that [A] is bad, it doesn't automatically mean that [B], [C], [D] and [E] are all bad and that your precious, precious series sucks balls and should have never been made. Jeez, some people just can't read.

One of my flaws in the past is that I used to fail to draw the lines between the objective and the subjective (content vs. relating to it/enjoying it), and underrate (and insult) work on subjective basis. For example, the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya contained a fair share of thoughtful content (at least for its breed), but I was all like "harr harr, this is useless garbage" when in reality, my problem was most that I did not happen to relate to it.

Learning from that flaw made me start to see how people do it all the time. A lot of people underrate brilliant series just because they didn't happen to relate to them (or worse: just because they weren't infatuated with the characters). Sometimes, it kinda makes feel me a little sad to see that, although I'm mostly apathetic to it (... just as apathetic as I am towards anything else that is upside down).

Finally, I don't really take offense from anything. It's really hard to offend me with your opinion about what I like or dislike.
    I feel the same way.

♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post
    I very respectfully disagree with that. I don't think it's right to "make someone like something" honestly. I know a lot of people who don't like anime, just because they're not interested, and I just leave it at that. I think it's sad if they just turn it away because of the art style or not giving the stories a chance, but I wouldn't say they're self-deceiving or suffering from Animation Age Ghetto, if you will.
    Now, now, now, now. You have misunderstood what I meant and quickly jumped to false conclusions.
    Like I said, I discuss it with them. And, based on my experience I can indeed conclude that most of the time it's due to the things I have mentioned.
    You can't say person is just not interested in anime. That's true only in very, very rare cases. Every one of us enjoys fiction; 2D animation is just a medium, same as "RL" movies or 3D animation. Most of the time they only claim to not be interested, and most of the time it is because they are ignorant.
    Example- I know a guy who didn't watch anime and was totally ignorant of the genre. He was not interested in anime....but he did enjoyed thrillers/mystery movies. I directed him to Higurashi. He loved it.

And I don't see a reason why shouldn't I try to persuade these people. If they are some people whom I met over the internet-it's always good to help a person overcome their own delusions. If they are my RL friends-it's always good to have friends who share similar interests as myself. And it's not like I'm forcing them-most of the time it's just persuasion.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Now, now, now, now. You have misunderstood what I meant and quickly jumped to false conclusions.
    Like I said, I discuss it with them. And, based on my experience I can indeed conclude that most of the time it's due to the things I have mentioned.
    You can't say person is just not interested in anime. That's true only in very, very rare cases. Every one of us enjoys fiction; 2D animation is just a medium, same as "RL" movies or 3D animation. Most of the time they only claim to not be interested, and most of the time it is because they are ignorant.
    Example- I know a guy who didn't watch anime and was totally ignorant of the genre. He was not interested in anime....but he did enjoyed thrillers/mystery movies. I directed him to Higurashi. He loved it.

And I don't see a reason why shouldn't I try to persuade these people. If they are some people whom I met over the internet-it's always good to help a person overcome their own delusions. If they are my RL friends-it's always good to have friends who share similar interests as myself. And it's not like I'm forcing them-most of the time it's just persuasion.
    People have the ability to not be interested in anime from an artistic standpoint. I've met people who aren't interested because they think the style in general is just ugly, or something they're not into. Yes, anime has very diverse styles, but that's just how people think. And eh, I just don't think it matters enough to try and persuade them.

Magical Llama Man Ryuu battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu has a reputation beyond repute battousai_ryuu's Avatar
    Gil
    Aggressive
    Gifts Batmobile 1989 Batmobile Animated Jaguar XKR
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-17-2012 12:19 PM
    Threads

I couldn't care less if someone insults my choice in anime or anime in general. The way I see it is that there is one key difference between them an I? I'll respect what they choose to watch while they dis my choices ^-^
    Set made by the Wonderfully talented Yukari :3
    "You are slow, even when falling..."
    BLEACH
    Father(/mother O-o): Ryutama
    Mothers: Mikuchuu & SuXrys
    Older Brother to:
    Keena Aya Ashikaga
    Miki~
    Xey Oiz

Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

As long as it's not prejudiced insulting, then I don't care, people have opinions.

If it's just making light of something, then I'll join in myself. Fullmetal Alchemist is my de facto favourite anime, and I make light of it all the time (Ed and Al are obviously gay).

10. Likes Vanilla Tsundere liked this post
    Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

If it's just making light of something, then I'll join in myself. Fullmetal Alchemist is my de facto favourite anime, and I make light of it all the time (Ed and Al are obviously gay).
    LOL, I make light fun of FMA all the time. I love it so much. <3

Gil
    Yeehaw
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

^Well, there is nothing wrong in making fun of something if you mean it as a joke.

But, I feel deep, almost sexual urge to revive the prevoius issue for a moment.....

And eh, I just don't think it matters enough to try and persuade them.
    While I can support such an approach if you deal with people over the internet, I don't see why wouldn't you want to change your closest environment for a one that is suiting you more.
    But, I guess it's just the matter of personality ^_^

Yes, anime has very diverse styles, but that's just how people think.
    But why, why, why. I always try to find the source and help them deal with it. Is it the big eyes they don't like? The animation? The colors? Etc, etc. If people don't like the "general art style" it's always due to some trivial reasons that shatter if confronted by the so-called "logic".
    But that's me again; Now that I think abut it it may be due to my superiority complex as I treat every "turned" person as a personal victory of mine.

Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

I don't care if people like or dislike what I enjoy. Their opinion on a favorite show or anime in general isn't going to change my opinion likewise for them.

Aggressively stupid Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte has a reputation beyond repute Nanobyte's Avatar
    Gil
    Cloud_9
    Gifts Kawaiislice Alice Pocket Watch
    Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-07-2024 04:50 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Senior Member invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation has a reputation beyond repute invalidation's Avatar
    Gil
    Cynical
    Gifts Red Ribbon Kitsune Mask Hello Kitty
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-30-2011 02:45 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Well, I feel like they are ignorant and stupid and unworthy of my judgment.

^ sounds shallow, I know.

No Rain No Rainbow!!! OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!! has a reputation beyond repute OtakuInu!!!'s Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Red Dango Fuuko Starfish Cake
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-22-2018 12:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: k9craze

Well, I feel like I'm the one being insulted but I just let it slide since THEY WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND. :P IMO.
    [Random words of wisdom here]
    [Photo signature here]
    [Random words here]

Junior Member DoubleKatana is on a distinguished road DoubleKatana's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2011 01:16 PM
    Threads

If their insults have valid logic, then it doesn't piss me off. Insults born from ignorance really get to me.

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

But why, why, why. I always try to find the source and help them deal with it. Is it the big eyes they don't like? The animation? The colors? Etc, etc. If people don't like the "general art style" it's always due to some trivial reasons that shatter if confronted by the so-called "logic".
    But that's me again; Now that I think abut it it may be due to my superiority complex as I treat every "turned" person as a personal victory of mine.
    Ugh, I know right? It does bother me when people say all anime looks the same. All people have to do is look at Death Note and compare it Tokyo Mew Mew.

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I don't feel insulted at all. Just as long as they keep it verbal.

Junior Member MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3 is infamous around these parts MNX3's Avatar
    Gil
    Cool
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-08-2011 09:44 PM
    Threads

if he or she insult my favorite anime,I will kick his a.. then I will make him hate his life

Gil
    Amused
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

if he or she insult my favorite anime,I will kick his a.. then I will make him hate his life
    That was...a joke, right?

Senior Member Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50 has a reputation beyond repute Gero50's Avatar
    Gil
    Inspired
    Gifts Pokedex 025 - Pikachu
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-05-2012 01:07 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Honestly I try not to let it get to me. Though I guess it all depends on the degree to which it or myself are being insulated.
    Gero Server Guru

Senior Member Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán has a reputation beyond repute Capitán's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 025 - Pikachu Ceiling Cat Albatross
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-19-2014 02:52 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

MNX3: Yeah those peeps need to be thought a lesson. Amirite hater?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information