AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finding and crediting image sources?

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    eyestrain is on a distinguished road eyestrain's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2018 01:16 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Default Finding and crediting image sources?

Hello. I've never made a wallpaper using the extraction + render process that seems common here.
    I have two questions.

1. What are some good sites for finding high quality anime/game images for extraction?

2. What is the etiquette in crediting material to its copyright holder/source creator?

For example, let's say I were to take an original photograph from an artist's online gallery and an image of an anime character from a fansite for that anime. Of course I would ask permission for the original photograph and give credit to the original artist of the photo. But in the case of anime and game characters, the source site is likely not the creator of the image, so should they be mentioned or not?

I'm also curious if people use their own renders or if they take them from another source, and, if so, do they link back to the original creator?

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Finding and crediting image sources?

My extractions thread is here: http://www.animeforum.com/showthread...ns-V.3.0/page7

Although KaitouAce lost all the information, so its like most of them getting the big flush. But you can go here: http://kanon-finale.com/index.php?app=gallery?

I backed up all my extractions on this site using its Gallery system, its also far better organized, going by studio, show, etc. The only cache is you need to register, a small price to pay for about 1000+ renders.

As far as crediting goes for an extraction, there's very little to none unless you really want to express your gratitude. I dont ask for anything aside that you actually use them. Thats of course for extractions, as for more complex things, like actual art, vectors, paintings, etc. You should always credit the original artist, in many cases it helps prove that you received their permission.

As for the basics, when you make a wallpaper, a couple things you want to have, small and at the bottom, are your name, and the sites you have or are intending to upload them to. Others you might want to add are things like where the character you used it copy righted to, the date the wallpaper was created, and of course what you decide to name the wallpaper.

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Thanks for your help. May I ask where you found your source material?

Diligent google searching, or is there a better way?
    Last edited by eyestrain; 07-11-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I use minitokyo for pretty much all of my needs for finding stock images.
    http://www.minitokyo.net/

Gil
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Great site, thanks for sharing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information