AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Illegal Immigrant Working at Nuclear Plant

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Illegal Immigrant Working at Nuclear Plant

Quote Originally Posted by Eris View Post
    Tourist visa?
    that one's kind of tricky, since they expire after a week or few, and difficult to get renewed while in the country.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

Senior Member Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-18-2023 05:24 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    I think. After all what do I know. This topic seems pointless. Least someone is doing a job no one really wants after what happened to Japan. Maybe if it was some corporate job but meh. My theory. "If you complain about them go do the job they were doing. You don't want to? Join the line of the billions of other people".. Unless they do something out of line I could care less for now.
    You need a social security number to work. This means all illegal immigrants are either working under the table or with a stolen identity; it is fraud in either case. How are citizens supposed to compete with fraud? When an illegal immigrant works under the table, it's a "job no one else is willing to do". When a citizen does the same, they're a sinister tax evading criminal. It's not about willingness to work hard, it's about willingness to break the law.

With the current labor market, people have more and more reason to break the law. I can't legally lower the price of my labor to compete. I can't be paid with straight wages in place of benefits. I can't take on certain health risks to make my labor more competitive. My only option legally is to go on the dole. Hey, isn't it kinda funny how the same people who push strict labors laws also push for welfare programs?

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel06661 View Post
    Well lucky for you in Japan there's not a mix of cultures. It's easy to identify anyone suspicious. But here there is a huge racial issue and when you start identifying hispanics they throw a fit.
    What? They're going around carding people who aren't Japanese. It's still a racial issue in Japan. The only "lucky" part about it is they have the balls to enforce immigration law at the expense of being politically correct. Using the same standards applied to the U.S, Japan would be equally or more racist.
    Last edited by Wio; 07-18-2011 at 03:58 PM.

4: [Classified brah] Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris has a reputation beyond repute Eris's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Tuxedo Mask Rose Mario Question Block Pen
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-06-2015 01:53 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ericgamer1 View Post
    that one's kind of tricky, since they expire after a week or few, and difficult to get renewed while in the country.
    Still allows you to legally be within the country.

Hey look, Japan made a movie about me!

Senior Member ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo has a reputation beyond repute ParaParaJMo's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-14-2024 08:26 PM
    Threads

If anything, Japan's immigration is stricter than America's. If foreigners have a child in Japan, the child is not automatically a Japanese citizen. Even 3rd generation Korean-Japanese still carry South Korean passports and have to have alien registration cards. If Japan can enforce their immigration laws, then why can't America?

I understand a significant percentage of illegal immigrants intend to do no harm, there are lots of factors in relation to the economy at the state level and the criminal problems involved. Whether or not they intend to do harm, laws are being violated and so is potentially the sovereignty of America. I know that NAFTA has a lot to do with all these problems, but I think some there needs to be talks on resolving these issues (repealing NAFTA would be nice). A lot of coyotes are related to the Mexican mafias that control the border towns so it's important we need to know who is coming into the country for everybody's safety. Plus, the Mexican mafias have been using high school kids from my home state to sell drugs in my old high school. I think this should be an effort from both the American and Mexican government to cooperate and properly enforce. As I said before, even though the immigration issue is supposed to be federally administered, it's border states, especially Arizona where I'm from, is where they are footing the bill for their benefits, etc.
    Check out my anime reviews at: [URL="http://www.youtube.com/users/hajimenojmo[/URL] and http://blog.honeyfeed.fm/

Closed Thread

Thread Information