AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

  1. #1
    Junior Member squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx's Avatar
    Gil
    1,537.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Well in NGE Asuka is a total derp I mean she is the worst character I know and if someone like that existed in real life I wouldn't care if they died.


    Anyway also whats with all the parts in NGE where the girls are going crazy at the guys thinking they are looking up their dresses when they aren't.



    In fact when one looks at it most of the characters on NGE are a little screwed up but Asuka is the worst.

    Rei is so quite.
    Shinji never sticks up for himself and stutters around everyone.
    Gendo (Shinji's dad) is a bitter old bastard that won't talk to his kid.


    Why is this.
    Last edited by Gjallarhorn; 07-16-2011 at 05:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    5,068.28
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    How far are you in the series? Because it answers your question.

    ♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

  3. #3
    The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    2,692.20
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brockton, Massachusetts
    Age
    24
    Threads
    155
    Posts
    12,889
    Blog Entries
    451
    AW Wallpapers
    1
    Rep Power
    6787

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by squareenixx View Post
    Well in NGE Asuka is a total B.i.t.c.h I mean she is the worst character I know and if someone like that existed in real life I wouldn't care if they died.


    Anyway also whats with all the parts in NGE where the girls are going crazy at the guys thinking they are looking up their dresses when they aren't.



    In fact when one looks at it most of the characters on NGE are a little screwed up but Asuka is the worst.

    Rei is so quite.
    Shinji never sticks up for himself and stutters around everyone.
    Gendo (Shinji's dad) is a bitter old bastard that won't talk to his kid.


    Why is this.
    Because they aren't perfect characters, and it plays heavily into Evangelion's psychological themes.

    Shinji experiences severe social anxiety because of his daddy-issues and his indecisiveness, the latter of which causes a downward spiral with regard to this anxiety. Asuka has a massive inferiority complex, and as such tries to establish herself as an important figure, and as a result becomes exceedingly conceited. Rei is quiet because she is unable to relate to others and has never had a real societal experience as a result of her rather strange existence. Misato has commitment issues, and is self-conscious about her inability to be a mother-figure to the children. Gendo, Shinji's father, is too focused on his own personal goals (and therein those of NERV), and the memory of his late wife to give Shinji any attention.

    The entire point of the series is that they are all screwed up, how these problems came about and manifest themselves, and how the characters try to deal with them and interact with one another. Evangelion was produced at a time when there were more important things to an anime series than just how likable individual characters were...days that seem long passed.

    As for why the girls think the guys are always trying to peak up their skirts, that's just 90s-anime slap-stick.

    "The color fades along the intervals I follow."

  4. Thanks Aku no Hikari thanked for this post
    Likes Aku no Hikari liked this post
  5. #4
    Senior Member
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    8,391.96
    Gender
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nishitokyo-shi, Tokyo
    Age
    25
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    1,475
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    2247

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Well, I heard somewhere that Anno (the director) had a spurned love interest in Miyamura (the voice actor for Asuka). The truth of the rumor is highly doubtful, but I thought it made a whole lot of sense when I first heard it, especially in the light of the relationship between Shinji and Asuka. Now that's he's happily married the tone of the newer installments are more relaxed; it explains a lot.

    It might be of interest to other Eva fans that in an interview Miyamura does explicitly state that Anno once directly asked her how she would feel if a stranger crept into her room while she was sleeping and started masturbating to her, to which she reflexively replied, "kimochi warui!", which later became the infamous ending of the theatrical version. Now that's kinda creepy.

    Last edited by Datenshi; 07-16-2011 at 02:26 PM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

    -Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

  6. #5
    ☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    17,340.39
    Gender
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    1,055
    Rep Power
    381

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by squareenixx View Post


    Anyway also whats with all the parts in NGE where the girls are going crazy at the guys thinking they are looking up their dresses when they aren't.

    True. These moments are very annoying and Asuka is..well, it doesn't matter if she has a superiority complex or something else-she totally spoils the mood for like half of the show.

    Don't know what your issues with the others are though; Rei and Gendo are definitely the best characters and Shinji...well, I don't know how far in the series are you but try to understand that a 14 year old kid in his situation HAS to have issues.
    Last edited by nrL; 07-16-2011 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #6
    Junior Member squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx's Avatar
    Gil
    1,537.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanromml View Post
    True. These moments are very annoying and Asuka is..well, it doesn't matter if she has a superiority complex or something else-she totally spoils the mood for like half of the show.

    Don't know what your issues with the others are though; Rei and Gendo are definitely the best characters and Shinji...well, I don't know how far in the series are you but try to understand that a 14 year old kid in his situation HAS to have issues.

    Hey guys I am only in like 11 episodes or something but I can't foresee Asuka getting any better unless she has a complete personality change.

    Also well yea I was sort of liking NGE right until Asuka came in then it kind of ruined it for me.

    Hell if I was Shinji I would go for Rei.

    ---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post
    How far are you in the series? Because it answers your question.
    Only 11 or so in but come on how could Asuka change that much unless it turns out she had super PMS the first half or something.

  8. #7
    Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    5,068.28
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Only 11 or so in but come on how could Asuka change that much unless it turns out she had super PMS the first half or something.
    Most writers call that character development. And eh...from the judgement of seeing the entire series, that's not far enough to really understand the characters at all.
    Last edited by Vanilla Tsundere; 07-16-2011 at 03:05 PM.

    ♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

  9. #8
    Junior Member squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx's Avatar
    Gil
    1,537.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post
    Most writers call that character development. And eh...from the judgement of seeing the entire series, that's not far enough to really understand the characters at all.
    Alright then I have 15 episodes left and I really can't imagine seeing Asuka not going crazy kicking Shinji at the end it just would be stupid to have someone change that much.

    Anyway you know there is a difference between character development and complete personality changes. From all the Anime I have seen I have never seen one person go from horrible to nice.

  10. #9
    Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    4,388.41
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    121
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Are you insane or something? Evangelion has some of the best, deepest, and most complex characters ever conceived in anything ever, and it's nothing slight of madness calling Asuka a, dare I say it, 'terrible' character, why it's almost as if you lack an understanding of the concept 'character develo-
    Quote Originally Posted by squareenixx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere
    How far are you in the series? Because it answers your question
    Only 11 or so in but come on how could Asuka change that much unless it turns out she had super PMS the first half or something.
    Ah, this explains everything. Run along, scamp, and watch the rest of the series, then you'll see the basis of your insanity.

  11. #10
    The Beat of the Rain Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn has a reputation beyond repute Gjallarhorn's Avatar
    Gil
    2,692.20
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts PPG Buttercup Razor Spinning Beach Ball Doom
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-01-2014 11:30 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brockton, Massachusetts
    Age
    24
    Threads
    155
    Posts
    12,889
    Blog Entries
    451
    AW Wallpapers
    1
    Rep Power
    6787

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Masakisu View Post
    Are you insane or something? Evangelion has some of the best, deepest, and most complex characters ever conceived in anything ever, and it's nothing slight of madness calling Asuka a, dare I say it, 'terrible' character, why it's almost as if you lack an understanding of the concept 'character develo-Ah, this explains everything. Run along, scamp, and watch the rest of the series, then you'll see the basis of your insanity.
    I think he's confusing a "good" character with a "likable" character. Asuka has a lot of traits that make her annoying to many people, but it is precisely that which makes her a great character. At this point I believe he's judging the series (and likely other series) based on how much he likes the characters on a personal level, rather than as elements within a story.

    "The color fades along the intervals I follow."

  12. #11
    Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    5,068.28
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Alright then I have 15 episodes left and I really can't imagine seeing Asuka not going crazy kicking Shinji at the end it just would be stupid to have someone change that much.

    Anyway you know there is a difference between character development and complete personality changes. From all the Anime I have seen I have never seen one person go from horrible to nice.
    A'ight, here's the thing. Asuka appeared in like, episode 9. You're on episode 11. There is no change in her personality at all. She's still arrogant, rude, and bossy, just a bit more tolerant of Shinji.

    ♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

  13. #12
    Junior Member squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx's Avatar
    Gil
    1,537.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Masakisu View Post
    Are you insane or something? Evangelion has some of the best, deepest, and most complex characters ever conceived in anything ever, and it's nothing slight of madness calling Asuka a, dare I say it, 'terrible' character, why it's almost as if you lack an understanding of the concept 'character develo-Ah, this explains everything. Run along, scamp, and watch the rest of the series, then you'll see the basis of your insanity.

    Ah hello how do you make sense. Well if this is your logic then I am going to make an anime with a bunch of horrible girls that beat each other up and are 10 times worse than Asuka. Then you will be looking at it going yea great character development.

    ---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    I think he's confusing a "good" character with a "likable" character. Asuka has a lot of traits that make her annoying to many people, but it is precisely that which makes her a great character. At this point I believe he's judging the series (and likely other series) based on how much he likes the characters on a personal level, rather than as elements within a story.
    What the difference good character is a point of view and if someone says a character is good they obviously like the character.

    I wouldn't say Asuka did NGE any good in fact she partially ruined it by making it one huge B session <you know what I mean.


    Also why does this forum even prohibit dictionary words and call them profanity. Like the name of a female dog. I am starting to feel this place might be meant for young kids.

  14. #13
    Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    4,388.41
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    121
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Gjallarhorn View Post
    I think he's confusing a "good" character with a "likable" character. Asuka has a lot of traits that make her annoying to many people, but it is precisely that which makes her a great character. At this point I believe he's judging the series (and likely other series) based on how much he likes the characters on a personal level, rather than as elements within a story.
    Asuka's one of my favourite characters. ):
    Quote Originally Posted by squareenixx View Post
    Ah hello how do you make sense. Well if this is your logic then I am going to make an anime with a bunch of horrible girls that beat each other up and are 10 times worse than Asuka. Then you will be looking at it going yea great character development.

    What the difference good character is a point of view and if someone says a character is good they obviously like the character.

    I wouldn't say Asuka did NGE any good in fact she partially ruined it by making it one huge B session <you know what I mean.

    Also why does this forum even prohibit dictionary words and call them profanity. Like the name of a female dog. I am starting to feel this place might be meant for young kids.
    ... It's been three episodes with Asuka. There is very little change in her then other than getting slightly more attached to Shinji and slightly jealous of Rei. Three damn episodes.

    I like Yui from K-ON!. I don't think she's a good character because she's virtually depth less.

    Three damn episodes.

    It's one of the silly rules that forum staff feel they must enforce to prevent people from whining about 'offensive' language.
    Last edited by Masakisu; 07-17-2011 at 04:35 AM.

  15. #14
    ☆*:.。. UGUU .。.:*☆ nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL has a reputation beyond repute nrL's Avatar
    Gil
    17,340.39
    Gender
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Gifts Chibi Crisis Moon Compact 039 - Jigglypuff Neko Tv
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-14-2013 01:50 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Threads
    11
    Posts
    1,055
    Rep Power
    381

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    I have the feeling that OP either didn't hit puberty yet or is trolling.
    Either way, I'm willing to play along. But in return I'm going to cut your last post into pieces and brutally violate it; sorry in advance.

    What the difference good character is a point of view and if someone says a character is good they obviously like the character.
    Not really.
    For example:I hated Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass cause he was a douche. But I can't deny that he's an awesome character and I adore how his persoanlity changed throughout the show.

    Well if this is your logic then I am going to make an anime with a bunch of horrible girls that beat each other up and are 10 times worse than Asuka.

    Wow, that's an awesome character development idea. Ever considered becoming a writer when you grow up?

    Also why does this forum even prohibit dictionary words and call them profanity.
    Because, guess what, some of the dictionary words are profanities.
    (!!!nowai!!!)


    Like the name of a female dog
    Which one? There are many names you can give to a female dog....

    I am starting to feel this place might be meant for young kids.
    Yes, lol? People older then 9 are not allowed here(except for the admins who are 10). Don't tell me you didn't read the rules!?
    Anyway, from your post I conclude you're overaged and should leave this forum. I'm 4 already and I'm fairly resistant to that mature cussing of yours, but you may harm the younger kids.

  16. #15
    Junior Member squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx's Avatar
    Gil
    1,537.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by nathanromml View Post
    I have the feeling that OP either didn't hit puberty yet or is trolling.
    Either way, I'm willing to play along. But in return I'm going to cut your last post into pieces and brutally violate it; sorry in advance.



    Not really.
    For example:I hated Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass cause he was a douche. But I can't deny that he's an awesome character and I adore how his persoanlity changed throughout the show.




    Wow, that's an awesome character development idea. Ever considered becoming a writer when you grow up?



    Because, guess what, some of the dictionary words are profanities.
    (!!!nowai!!!)




    Which one? There are many names you can give to a female dog....



    Yes, lol? People older then 9 are not allowed here(except for the admins who are 10). Don't tell me you didn't read the rules!?
    Anyway, from your post I conclude you're overaged and should leave this forum. I'm 4 already and I'm fairly resistant to that mature cussing of yours, but you may harm the younger kids.

    The least you could do is actually attempt to so called cut my argument to pieces which you failed miserably at.

    The name of a female dog is bit (see) h and its not profanity. It doesn't matter if people use a valid word as profanity it doesn't change it. They allow bastard here and it is the same thing. Absolutely stupid. Try to find the scary F word in the dictionary fool. I guessed so. Oh and please not an internet dictionary for god sakes.

    Also you say I haven't hit puberty because I don't like some anime girl that acts horrible.

    Then we have you a little twat that likes her because you most likely find her attractive and could care less how she acts even though she is just a damn anime character.

    Please tell me who is pre pubescent now because it seems like you are and I am 19 for god sakes and just stumbled onto this kiddies forum and should find a better one for adults.

  17. #16
    Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    5,068.28
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    The least you could do is actually attempt to so called cut my argument to pieces which you failed miserably at.

    The name of a female dog is bit (see) h and its not profanity. It doesn't matter if people use a valid word as profanity it doesn't change it. They allow bastard here and it is the same thing. Absolutely stupid. Try to find the scary F word in the dictionary fool. I guessed so. Oh and please not an internet dictionary for god sakes.

    Also you say I haven't hit puberty because I don't like some anime girl that acts horrible.

    Then we have you a little twat that likes her because you most likely find her attractive and could care less how she acts even though she is just a damn anime character.

    Please tell me who is pre pubescent now because it seems like you are and I am 19 for god sakes and just stumbled onto this kiddies forum and should find a better one for adults.
    Dang bro, why you so mad? :'Dc It's funny, but geez, look at you getting all worked up over a forum! Oh, I've found the F-word in one of my school dictionaries before in 5th grade. True facts. Don't know if they still do that, but I have. The whole puberty thing wasn't because of Asuka (going from what I have read) but most likely because of using petty name calling to get your point across. As you did in your previous post using words like "little twat." Really? Who says that anymore? Lol! Chill brah, the only person taking this so seriously is you.

    ♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

  18. #17
    Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    4,388.41
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    121
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by squareenixx View Post
    The name of a female dog is bit (see) h and its not profanity.

    Then we have you a little twat that likes her because you most likely find her attractive and could care less how she acts even though she is just a damn anime character.

    Please tell me who is pre pubescent now because it seems like you are and I am 19 for god sakes and just stumbled onto this kiddies forum and should find a better one for adults.
    You are applying 'female dog' as an insult, therefore it is 'profane', in society's eyes.

    Yeah, because her emotional and psychological depth has nothing to do with it.

    Yeah, you're so mature at 19 that you can't accept the rules of an internet forum and have to complain in an extremely extravagant manner about how it's 'not mature enough' for you due to a silly rule that makes little difference.

    I'm 15 btw. Come at me bro.

  19. #18
    Junior Member squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx is infamous around these parts squareenixx's Avatar
    Gil
    1,537.40
    Gender
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-31-2012 01:28 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Threads
    10
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla Tsundere View Post
    Dang bro, why you so mad? :'Dc It's funny, but geez, look at you getting all worked up over a forum! Oh, I've found the F-word in one of my school dictionaries before in 5th grade. True facts. Don't know if they still do that, but I have. The whole puberty thing wasn't because of Asuka (going from what I have read) but most likely because of using petty name calling to get your point across. As you did in your previous post using words like "little twat." Really? Who says that anymore? Lol! Chill brah, the only person taking this so seriously is you.

    Okay, right I have watched 17 episodes now and guess what Asuka is still a female dog. So if she is meant to turn at least half pleasant it must be a rush towards the end.

    Also please tell me something because in the episode where Misato is in charge of NERV because Gendo is away Ritsuko says the probability of Misato's plan succeeding is 0.001% which is 1 in 10,000.

    But hold on this is basic maths and they have it wrong in the episode this makes it really bad now. What she should have said was 0.0001% which is 1 in 10,000.

    Anyway as the series gets closer to the end I am enjoying it more especially with them having less Asuka.

  20. #19
    Senior Member Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu has a reputation beyond repute Masakisu's Avatar
    Gil
    4,388.41
    Gender
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-01-2012 06:32 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Age
    18
    Threads
    3
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    121
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: StarryMasamune PSN ID: BlackEsper

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Quote Originally Posted by squareenixx View Post
    Anyway as the series gets closer to the end I am enjoying it more especially with them having less Asuka.
    You'll love the last few episodes and End then, Asuka's either comatose or dead for most of them.

  21. #20
    Senior Member Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere has a reputation beyond repute Vanilla Tsundere's Avatar
    Gil
    5,068.28
    Gender
    My Mood
    Amused
    Gifts Red Ribbon Eva NERV Red Dango
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-10-2011 10:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    In multiple realities, serving the same purpose.
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    144

    Default Re: NGE whats with the characters and especially Asuka

    Okay, right I have watched 17 episodes now and guess what Asuka is still a female dog. So if she is meant to turn at least half pleasant it must be a rush towards the end.

    Also please tell me something because in the episode where Misato is in charge of NERV because Gendo is away Ritsuko says the probability of Misato's plan succeeding is 0.001% which is 1 in 10,000.

    But hold on this is basic maths and they have it wrong in the episode this makes it really bad now. What she should have said was 0.0001% which is 1 in 10,000.

    Anyway as the series gets closer to the end I am enjoying it more especially with them having less Asuka.
    It wasn't literal mathermatics, Brah, it was a joke. Like many are saying, this animu isn't for you and now you're just nit-picking. Just watch somethin' else~

    ♥♦♣♠"Nature cares nothing for our logic, our human logic. She has her own, which we do not realize or acknowledge until we are crushes under it's wheel." ♥♦♣♠

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Whats the name of those characters?
    By Kotino in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 05:46 PM
  2. Whats that anime where the characters were in a Role playing game?
    By Guest11 in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 07:03 PM
  3. Whats your favorite 10 ten anime characters?
    By SweetAnimeAngel in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 06:19 AM
  4. Naruto characters vs Dragon ball Z characters?
    By unknow625 in forum General Anime & Manga
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 07:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts