AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lyrics Traslations... How to?

Junior Member Tamahome No Miko is on a distinguished road Tamahome No Miko's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-23-2013 04:33 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Lyrics Traslations... How to?

Konnichiwa,
    I've translated a song or two and I wanted to submit to here but I'm not sure how to and where to do it in. Also, I used the same email ID to sign up on animelyrics.com as the email of here which I used for facebookconnect, so when I try to log in here there's not facebook connect option on anime lyrics and I'm unable to log in... what do I do?

Also, I have to submit kanji too? Cause I dont know kanji I can only put up romaji and english translations.

Any help/tip/suggestions?

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Gifts Little Big Planet Sackboy Neko Tv Prinny
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-05-2019 07:48 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: azutsukimiya

Default Re: Lyrics Traslations... How to?

You would need to pass the Japanese Tests to prove your proficiency with Japanese lyrics translation. After that, just follow the instructions and submit your lyrics through the submission forms. Kanji is optional in your submission.

...so that you know where you can find me

Junior Member Tamahome No Miko is on a distinguished road Tamahome No Miko's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I tried to but it tells me to be logged in and when I try to log in it doesn't connect me cause I signed up on here via facebook but manual signed up on animelyrics.com as I mentioned above... what to do now?

Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    754 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-29-2016 11:05 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Eh, I don't know too much about facebook connect...
    If all fails, why don't you just try logging in or signing up regularly (without using fb)?

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark has a reputation beyond repute AzureDark's Avatar
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Login on the animelyrics.com website with your AnimeForum username & password (Tamahome No Miko) instead of your FB account.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

So... I'm back again o.o I checked out the Japanese test thing but I'm totally fail at reading, but I'm still confident about my translations since I research well and I can do romaji better than I do kanji or katakana, I only know hiragana at the moment, so... want to give me a romaji based test o.o? or want to look at my translations?

紺碧の闇
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    Gil
    Busy
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AL Lyrics
    Gamer IDs

Research does not make you a translator, language skill and knowledge does.

Even if you plan to do just romaji, you need to be accurate in your work which means reading off from the kanji lyrics. From there you also need to know Japanese even in romaji such as spacing and verb forms.

Gil
    Sleepy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

mmm... ok check this out I translated this, and a few other songs.
    I have good enough grasp if it's romaji, and I always check kanji of words again and again to make sure I don't wrongly translate.

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Kitsunay is on a distinguished road Kitsunay's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-13-2013 11:48 AM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

The objection never really was about your ability. Imagine a BMX biker who can do stunts... but still needs training wheels; it may happen, but it requires a completely different skillset from true BMX, and it doesn't really help him master more complex tricks. You're that BMXer right now. A simple grasp of the writing systems is all you need to take those training wheels off. The only skills you lack are the ability to read native japanese, which is far more prevalent than roumaji.

Checking kanji with a dictionary is a little slow, but it isn't difficult. Reading japanese, which lacks spaces, requires a bit of practice, but again, it's not difficult. I could read hiragana in less than a month of practice (a week to memorize it). Anyways, I don't think we doubted your skills. The objection was more to the fact that you haven't made the small commitment necessary to be capable of improvement. If your issue is typing in japanese, there are IMEs, such as the google japanese IME which allow you to type roumaji and convert it into japanese. If your issue is memorizing the kana, http://realkana.com can really speed up your ability to read and recognize them.

We didn't doubt you could produce translations, but in order to improve, you'll have to take off those training wheels you've long since outgrown. If you can do that, I'm sure you'll find translations getting a bit easier and that you'll get better at reading. If you must, you can still use roumaji, but put in the small effort to gain the ability to read native japanese; it opens up a whole lot more than just english websites for you ^_^

AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi has a reputation beyond repute Datenshi's Avatar
    Gil
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-11-2013 03:51 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I took a look at your translation, which apart from a few minor mistakes, was free from any major errors as far as I could see. Nice work.

But, if it's policy that you need to pass the tests before submitting translations, then I can only advise you to follow the moderator's instructions.

Moreover, as AzureDark-san has already pointed out, knowing kanji is really important, especially when you translate lyrics. For example, a lot of lyrics include subtle plays on words involving kanji, like writing down one kanji and then reading it as something entirely different for a "double meaning".

It helps to have at least a general feel for kanji in order to get these sorts of subtle nuances when you translate.
    Last edited by Datenshi; 01-27-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    "If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron."

-Spider Robinson, God Is an Iron

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information