AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 80

Thread: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

  1. #26
    Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    56,800.24
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    25
    Threads
    98
    Posts
    3,793
    Blog Entries
    34
    Rep Power
    2667

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    i'll tell ya what i HATE about racism........the double standards.
    it almost seems to me that blacks are more racist towards whites (in general) than whites are to blacks (in general)
    There are two reasons for this. The first one being that a lot of whites suffering from white guilt, because this history class portrayed nonwhites as saints and whites as demons.
    The second reason being that because there are so many more whites than people of any individual nonwhite ethnicity. Say you had 90 whites and 10 blacks. If 90% of blacks hate the whites, it takes 10% of the whites to hate blacks to make it even. In fact you're more likely to receive racism from a white person with white guilt than a black person.

  2. Likes Skilero liked this post
  3. #27
    Senior Member Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight has a reputation beyond repute Miss Electric Moonlight's Avatar
    Gil
    5,648.84
    Gender
    My Mood
    Bored
    Gifts Eternal Moon Article Mercury Star Wand Top Tuxedo Mask Rose
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Not Earth
    Age
    32
    Threads
    77
    Posts
    4,424
    Blog Entries
    306
    Rep Power
    6587

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    There is really no rational reason to be racist. It seems pointless, besides the class/power struggle thing.

  4. #28
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    54,957,651,788.07
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2014 12:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akihabara
    Threads
    669
    Posts
    10,026
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    6357
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    long quote
    Yeah, black people can be so racist as well.

    A few months ago I was listening to rap in my computer class and my headphones unplugged by accident. Some black people came up and were like..."Rap must be international for a beaner to be listening to it".

    I'm not freaking Mexican. v_v

    EDIT: I called them Haitian back because they called me a beaner/mexican and they got mad. =D They are just a bunch of hypocrites.
    Last edited by Kaitou+; 07-12-2011 at 03:44 PM.


    | PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

  5. 07-12-2011 04:18 PM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

  6. Dislikes Skilero, Token Black Guy, Ranshiin disliked this post
  7. #30
    Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    5,881.18
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Age
    20
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    2,558
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    695
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Being racist to another who is from the same origin is not racist, the same origin being Earth, its just being insulting.

  8. #31
    A fan of anime and video games. Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    982,245.19
    Gender
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Threads
    235
    Posts
    813
    Blog Entries
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensifer View Post
    Being racist to another who is from the same origin is not racist, the same origin being Earth, its just being insulting.

    Actually it's much more than "just being insulting". Ever been to this website? http://resist.com/
    They have some of the most hateful spesch I've ever heard.

  9. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
  10. #32
    Senior Member Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien has a reputation beyond repute Elukien's Avatar
    Gil
    5,881.18
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Gifts Jigsaw Ribbon LOTR The Palantir Of Orthanc Black Cat
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-18-2013 02:54 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hobbiton
    Age
    20
    Threads
    25
    Posts
    2,558
    Blog Entries
    5
    Rep Power
    695
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Sarcasticfuzzball

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    Actually it's much more than "just being insulting". Ever been to this website? http://resist.com/
    They have some of the most hateful spesch I've ever heard.
    No I have not been to that website and I don't intend too.
    Though these "hateful speech" may hurt one, its only because they allow it.
    They can choose to dismiss it or cover it up but in the end they choose not too.

  11. #33
    A fan of anime and video games. Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    982,245.19
    Gender
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Threads
    235
    Posts
    813
    Blog Entries
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    But there are whole groups dedicated to racism, like the KKK, and WAR (White Aryan Resistance). They even try to stir up racial violence in some cases.

    PS: The above link was to the homepage for WAR.

  12. Dislikes Ranshiin disliked this post
  13. #34
    TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!? Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin has a reputation beyond repute Ranshiin's Avatar
    Gil
    85,857,633.13
    Gender
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Gifts Ice Cream Ice Cream Fuuko Starfish
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2014 01:39 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Decadent England
    Age
    27
    Threads
    38
    Posts
    8,526
    Blog Entries
    58
    Rep Power
    3183
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: NWR KazzyMac PSN ID: Kazzy-Mac Steam ID: kazzymac

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    But there are whole groups dedicated to racism, like the KKK, and WAR (White Aryan Resistance). They even try to stir up racial violence in some cases.

    PS: The above link was to the homepage for WAR.
    Why don't you just stop posting links? In fact why don't you just stop posting, period?
    : The Game. You just lost it. :




    Currently working on: Oh my Glob! Psygnosis got in touch with us ... Rollcage Redux! New and improved Rollcage 1.
    ^ RollCageX is back! Now called ReCaged.. ^

    :Godly on Blur:
    My Youtube Channel || Epic Clan Battles
    BEST. GAME. EVER.

  14. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
    Likes brolyx74 liked this post
  15. #35
    Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    56,800.24
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    25
    Threads
    98
    Posts
    3,793
    Blog Entries
    34
    Rep Power
    2667

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ensifer View Post
    Being racist to another who is from the same origin is not racist, the same origin being Earth, its just being insulting.
    No, being racist is always racist.

  16. Thanks Token Black Guy thanked for this post
  17. #36
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    727,512.42
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alternia
    Age
    22
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    3,007
    Blog Entries
    91
    AW Wallpapers
    3
    Rep Power
    4419

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Videogamer555 View Post
    But there are whole groups dedicated to racism, like the KKK, and WAR (White Aryan Resistance). They even try to stir up racial violence in some cases.

    PS: The above link was to the homepage for WAR.
    They're hypocrites as well, their ancestors were immigrants, too. Perhaps they had a small trace of another race and not know it.
    But we all know the KKK are meanies. >_>

  18. #37
    Senior Member Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis has a reputation beyond repute Anoleis's Avatar
    Gil
    522.49
    Gender
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-09-2014 12:26 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Threads
    41
    Posts
    1,306
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    1692

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    They're hypocrites as well, their ancestors were immigrants, too.
    How does having ancestors that could have been immigrants make wanting to stop all immigration hypocritical?

  19. Thanks brolyx74 thanked for this post
  20. #38
    Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+ has a reputation beyond repute Kaitou+'s Avatar
    Gil
    54,957,651,788.07
    Gender
    Gifts Ice Cream Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    507 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-21-2014 12:57 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akihabara
    Threads
    669
    Posts
    10,026
    Blog Entries
    81
    Rep Power
    6357
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: SalamanderKnight Steam ID: Kaitou-Kid

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Seung-li View Post
    They're hypocrites as well, their ancestors were immigrants, too. Perhaps they had a small trace of another race and not know it.
    But we all know the KKK are meanies. >_>
    Someone called me a KKK member because I disagreed with him with something trivial.

    I was like wuuuuuuut? How does that make sense?


    | PSN: SalamanderKnight | NNID: GameEmpireHD (US) KaitouVG (JP) |
    | Steam: Kaitou-Kid | Origin: GameEmpireHD |
    | 3DS FC: 3496 - 9817 - 0774 (US) | 5258 - 0235 - 2295 (JP) |

  21. #39
    Roarrrrrrrrrrr!
    AnimeLyrics Admin
    animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay has a reputation beyond repute animeyay's Avatar
    Gil
    3,334.46
    Gender
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Gifts Be Mine 143 - Snorlax Cookie
    Mentioned
    752 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-09-2013 08:56 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Age
    27
    Threads
    16
    Posts
    4,791
    AL Lyrics
    1033
    Rep Power
    12260

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    We do racism because people look different and have different stereotypes.
    I openly admit I can be racist at times, but as long as I don't do it in the open or in a mean-spirited way, no harm done. =D
    Most of the time I do it for the humor. Heck, I'm even racist against my own race.

  22. Thanks Kaitou+ thanked for this post
  23. #40
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    727,512.42
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alternia
    Age
    22
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    3,007
    Blog Entries
    91
    AW Wallpapers
    3
    Rep Power
    4419

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeschylus View Post
    How does having ancestors that could have been immigrants make wanting to stop all immigration hypocritical?
    Because the KKK hates immigrants, it doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe because there are a couple/a lot of things I don't know about them and their organization.

  24. #41
    Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    1,814.98
    Gender
    My Mood
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Flying high in the sky.
    Threads
    78
    Posts
    2,428
    Blog Entries
    109
    Rep Power
    4039
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: miniPhil

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    i'll tell ya what i HATE about racism........the double standards.
    it almost seems to me that blacks are more racist towards whites (in general) than whites are to blacks (in general)

    for an example:
    if a white person were to say that a black person is a "N", people go crazy. they act like the white person just did the worst thing on the planet. also the black person will get VERY angry.
    however, if a black person calls a white person "cracka" or "whitey" or "white trash" or "white boy" or just about any other name....nobody seems to mind, and it's accepted to a certain degree.

    another example:
    if a black person goes into a white neighborhood, he will generally be safe. (unless he goes into redneck central)
    however if a white person goes into a black neighborhood, something bad might happen to him.

    another double standard example, but with mexican
    i used to work with this mexican guy. we would joke around at work and we got along well. he would ocasionally crack jokes about white people and america (all in good fun). people would laugh, everything was cool.
    however if you made a joke about mexico or a mexican, he got pissed, and others didn't laugh.
    So you made some racist remark and got called out on it, but when your mexican friend did it nobody cared? So now you're angry at all minorities for being too serious and are generalising people based on the colour of their skin. You sound pretty racist to me.
    But I'm gunna give you the benefit of the doubt here and say you're not racist but just upset about that one time, it's understandable. My question is why not ignore it? If people should have a sense of humour about race jokes and you tell them they shouldn't get so serious why do you get so serious when they take it the wrong way? Chill out, go find some minority friends that don't give a damn about what jokes you tell.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

  25. Thanks Miss Electric Moonlight thanked for this post
    Likes animeyay liked this post
  26. #42
    Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    56,800.24
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-07-2014 06:23 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    25
    Threads
    98
    Posts
    3,793
    Blog Entries
    34
    Rep Power
    2667

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    So now you're angry at all minorities for being too serious and are generalising people based on the colour of their skin. You sound pretty racist to me.
    Where the hell did you get that from?

  27. Likes dororesu liked this post
  28. #43
    Senior Member Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym has a reputation beyond repute Gauntlgrym's Avatar
    Gil
    4,864.78
    Gender
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-27-2012 11:10 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Age
    34
    Threads
    9
    Posts
    208
    Rep Power
    113
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pieRESURRECTED

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by miniPhil View Post
    So you made some racist remark and got called out on it, but when your mexican friend did it nobody cared? So now you're angry at all minorities for being too serious and are generalizing people based on the color of their skin. You sound pretty racist to me.
    first off i gave more than one example. there is waaaaaay more to it than just that one time.
    second, i'm not angry at minorities, i'm angry at hypocrites.
    if you poke fun at other races, then don't get angry if someone pokes fun at your race. this should apply to everyone, doesn't matter what race you are. no person, no matter the color of his/her skin, has the right to be a hypocrite.

    But I'm gunna give you the benefit of the doubt here and say you're not racist but just upset about that one time, it's understandable.
    thx for giving me that. i'm defiantly not racist. i'm just not a fan of the double standards, no matter the race.

    My question is why not ignore it? If people should have a sense of humor about race jokes and you tell them they shouldn't get so serious why do you get so serious when they take it the wrong way? Chill out, go find some minority friends that don't give a damn about what jokes you tell.
    as i said before, im not mad just because of that one incident. i gave multiple examples just off the top of my head. there are MANY more.
    i'm mad at the double standard situation in general, not just that one thing.

    @Wio

    thx, i was kinda wondering the same thing.

  29. #44
    Captain No Pants Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki. has a reputation beyond repute Tsuki.'s Avatar
    Gil
    516.44
    Gender
    Gifts Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis Dr Who SonicScrewdriver
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-05-2014 09:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    19
    Threads
    115
    Posts
    3,755
    Blog Entries
    66
    Rep Power
    4300

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Too much to look through right now. /lazy

    We actually had a discussion like this in my class earlier in the year. It was about people saying the N word. My school is basically filled to the brim with Caucasian people (I'll just say white from now on because it's easier). And obviously, they don't want to be called racist so most of the people in my class chose to go with, "The N word is a bad word and I should never say it." Other people brought up semi-good points but they must not have been that great because I don't remember them. Anyway, there was this one girl- who is African American, I might add- that basically went off on a tangent. Now, after spending the year with her I could tell that racism was a big thing for her and she basically took everything offensively. She basically went on this long rant about how white people shouldn't say the N word at all and how bad it was and even Asian/Hispanic people shouldn't say it and yada yada yada. She then went on to say that it was okay for African American people to say it to each other. It was their way of saying, "hi" to each other and they see it as something positive because they're trying to "change the word to have a different meaning" as she put it. This really bothered me, though. If it was such a sore word to say, then why would you want to call your friends that word? I then went on to ask her, "If African American people are trying to change the word to mean a different meaning, something more positive, then why not let white people use it that way too if they mean it in that context and not a negative way?" She never answered my question.

    I talked it over with my friend later (who's white I might add, but sees herself as basically a rainbow of races) and she said that white people shouldn't say it and there was this difference in the way that you say the word. As in, there's the N word with an r at the end, and then there's what you call your friend where you drop the er and add an a (I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about). Of course, she didn't seem to take into consideration that the one with the a was just people being lazy when they were saying the one with the er. Anyway, she said that even if you do drop the er and add the a, white people still can't say it. And then she called me ignorant for not understanding how people could go around calling each other that when they knew the origins behind it and why they won't let people of other races say it if it means something completely different and is even spelled differently. In the end, I got no where with her and she didn't understand what I was trying to say, instead thinking that I didn't understand what she was trying to say.

    Anyway, in response to the OP's post. I think that it depends on the context. If the person is actually being racist and means everything behind it, then you should definitely say something about it and fight them. If you don't, they'll more than likely just think they are correct and teach it to their kids at later dates and the racism will continue, but no one will be standing up against it.
    But, if you're saying something in a joking way, it shouldn't matter as much. Of course, within boundaries.

    I think that part of it is that people don't let certain things slide, or completely forget about them, but another part is that people are still being taught such things.
    Despite the people in my class saying that racism is wrong and everything, there are a lot of people in my school who are racist because they don't know what other cultures are like and base most of their comments off of stereotypes which often get offensive.

    Race, it doesn't matter.
    Ethnicity does.
    Where the lines cross shouldn't really matter because you can be a certain race while having an ethnicity that doesn't really go along with it.

    I mean, really. I'm Asian and my parents are white. They don't see me as anything less, and don't note my skin color or things like that, I'm just their daughter.
    And being biologically Korean, grown up in America, my culture reflects mainly on American culture but I'm still interested in Korean and other Asian cultures as well.
    Last edited by Tsuki.; 07-12-2011 at 11:50 PM.


  30. #45
    Senior Member Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero has a reputation beyond repute Skilero's Avatar
    Gil
    1,390.24
    Gender
    Gifts K-on Pick Headphones Aquarius
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    User Info
    Latest Post
    03-26-2013 07:51 PM
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Threads
    68
    Posts
    743
    Blog Entries
    204
    AW Wallpapers
    3
    Rep Power
    754
    Thanks (Given)
    53
    Thanks (Received)
    58
    Likes (Given)
    177
    Likes (Received)
    168
    Dislikes (Given)
    66
    Dislikes (Received)
    18
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Thread
    NEWS: QE3 enacted by FED
    Latest Blog
    Got a DeviantArt

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Here's a crazy thought: Talking about racism makes us think about it, and the more we think about racism, the more we'll be subliminated into falling for it; it's a fact of psychology.

    I believe the majority of racial bias concerns are amongst the Caucasian and African American communities, so I will address something concerning them below.

    My family members have never had any relations whatsoever to slaves as owners or abusers, and in fact did not even know a slaveholder at any time during any of their lives. I do not dislike people for their skin colors - heck, one of the first girls I had a crush on in middle school was an African American (I am Caucasian). In some ways, I actually look like I prefer people with different skin tones over my own because of the fact that I enjoy the company of those who've lived in other countries than mine - diverse and new people who happen not to be white. So when it comes to race, I can't say that's a problem for me.

    Regardless of this, however, I have been accused of being a racist in various circumstances throughout my life; there are numerous examples I can pull out of my hat. And to put it simply, 100% of those people involved in such circumstances against me were African American. In some cases, people I'd thought I was really friendly with. You can draw lines from there, but I can say with certainty that I am not a racist to this day - I will never refrain to associate with another person for their looks.

    I'd like to cite the Asian American population for all of you who think that whites as a whole are racist and hold back African Americans from success. We can look at the Asian Americans' education rate, the income of the average Asian American, the number of Asian Americans in America in comparison to the number of African Americans in America, and the 'privileges' either of the two are given for such 'opportunities' in life.

    Now do we see Asian Americans crying foul as much as we might see the African American?

    And with that question we may fall into the pits of racism once again, because of the fact that racism on one end only leads to racism on the other in due time.
    ---
    As for the original post, there are always people in all races who will use derogatory terms to refer to those from other walks of life because of the fact that man is a creature of habit, and ignorance in itself can be a habit.
    ---
    Fun fact: People from South Africa living in the states are African Americans, but are denied upfront the governmental benefits of being an African American because of the white skin tone they may have. It just goes to show how we've been blinded by each other's calls of racism to see skin tone-based judgement when it's staring us in the face.

  31. #46
    A fan of anime and video games. Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555 is infamous around these parts Videogamer555's Avatar
    Gil
    982,245.19
    Gender
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-25-2012 10:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Threads
    235
    Posts
    813
    Blog Entries
    255
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    OMG, Yosemite Sam is a Nazi!


  32. Dislikes Skilero, Ranshiin disliked this post
  33. #47
    Senior Member brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74 has a reputation beyond repute brolyx74's Avatar
    Gil
    9,989.77
    Gender
    My Mood
    Confused
    Gifts Cds Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-11-2012 08:00 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Threads
    53
    Posts
    936
    Blog Entries
    29
    Rep Power
    754

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    There is really no rational reason to be racist. It seems pointless, besides the class/power struggle thing.
    Actually, there are some rational, or at least reasonable reasons to be racist. I'll give you some examples from extreme to modest.

    A jewish person who survived the Holocaust has a reason to be racist against germans

    A black man who has been attacked by white mobs has a reason to be racist towards white people

    A woman who has been raped by a black man has a reason to be racist towards black people, or at least black men (take into account the psychological trauma of the situation)

    A boy who has been surrounded with black people who constantly refer to white people as white devils, including the boy himself even though he has done nothing to garner this title has a reason to be racist towards black people


    Obviously in each scenario not all white/black/germans are bad people, but through bad experiences, a person can turn bitter and learn a hatred towards specific groups. It's not always ignorance as some might suggest. It's actually pretty ignorant to assume nobody has a legitimate reasoning behind there racism.

  34. #48
    Actually bigger than you. miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil has a reputation beyond repute miniPhil's Avatar
    Gil
    1,814.98
    Gender
    My Mood
    sunshine
    Gifts Ceiling Cat Violin Cds
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-02-2013 07:01 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Flying high in the sky.
    Threads
    78
    Posts
    2,428
    Blog Entries
    109
    Rep Power
    4039
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: miniPhil

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlgrym View Post
    first off i gave more than one example. there is waaaaaay more to it than just that one time.
    second, i'm not angry at minorities, i'm angry at hypocrites.
    if you poke fun at other races, then don't get angry if someone pokes fun at your race. this should apply to everyone, doesn't matter what race you are. no person, no matter the color of his/her skin, has the right to be a hypocrite.
    It's not really hypocracy though. It would be if they had given out about people taking race jokes too seriously and then got mad at a race joke. More they can dish it out but can't take it.

    as i said before, im not mad just because of that one incident. i gave multiple examples just off the top of my head. there are MANY more.
    i'm mad at the double standard situation in general, not just that one thing.
    But you said black people in general. That's what vexed me. In your personal experience perhaps but in general is a very broad term. I've meet minorities who have no problem with joke and I've met others who hate other minorities. I have an asian friend who hates black people so much he happily shout abuse at any he sees.
    But mostly I stand by my last point. If it bothers you call em out on it, my asian friend was annoying a lot of others for months. I talked to him about it one day and he just stopped, he just saw it as jokes. If they still persist and can't come back with a real argument then they not the kind of people you want to be hanging out with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wio View Post
    Where the hell did you get that from?
    All was too strong a word. I shouldn't have used that, apologies. Gauntlgrym said in general, which still strikes me as a broad generalisation.
    This is a Sig. It's horribly out of date.

  35. #49
    Straight Outta Motown! Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy has a reputation beyond repute Token Black Guy's Avatar
    Gil
    6,097.62
    Gender
    My Mood
    Tired
    Gifts Paint Palette Mic Sunglasses
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-28-2014 02:35 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Age
    24
    Threads
    18
    Posts
    1,212
    Blog Entries
    28
    Rep Power
    1695
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Sleepy_Ninja313

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    A wise man once said:

    Race is the one issue that can bring down the curtain on American civilization. It has the power to generate levels of polarization that will make it difficult for us to communicate with one another honestly. It can generate levels of conflict that result in unprecedented chaos and disorder. It is our rawest nerve, most explosive issue, and most difficult dilemma.
    Even though i have been in a couple situation where i was treated in a harsh way because of race, doesn't mean i should be prejudice towards other people of other races. Yeah i was called "the n word" by a white cop a few times(and for the record, i don't call other people or like to be called the N word), was called a "ignorant american black guy" by an arabic guy, was called racist names like an "Uncle Tom" or a "Whiteboy" by another black person, was searched/followed unnecessarily when i was in a few stores, and was thrown out of an arcade by the owner that said "I don't want your kind of people in my arrcade! Your kind of people are always causing trouble in here!!". Do i dislike those people who were ? Yes i do. Is it because of their race/ethnic backgrounds? No. I was raised around and made friends with people of different backgrounds, so i already know that there are good, bad, ugly, crazy, etc. people in all races. But as long as there are ignorant and hate filled people out there, racism is something that's gonna stick around. But here's a quote that goes with what i'm trying to say:

    I learned a long time ago that there's no sense gettin' all riled up every time a bunch of idiots give you a hard time. In the end, the universe tends to unfold as it should.
    Last edited by Token Black Guy; 07-13-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    Man that is whack!

    Token Black Guy

  36. #50
    Fuchsia Ruler Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah has a reputation beyond repute Meenah's Avatar
    Gil
    727,512.42
    Gender
    My Mood
    Sassy
    Gifts Heart Pisces Double Bento
    Mentioned
    307 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-26-2014 02:20 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alternia
    Age
    22
    Threads
    54
    Posts
    3,007
    Blog Entries
    91
    AW Wallpapers
    3
    Rep Power
    4419

    Default Re: Why Do we still have racism? The Famous "N" Word.

    Quote Originally Posted by YokoKuwabara View Post
    Actually, there are some rational, or at least reasonable reasons to be racist. I'll give you some examples from extreme to modest.

    A jewish person who survived the Holocaust has a reason to be racist against germans

    A black man who has been attacked by white mobs has a reason to be racist towards white people

    A woman who has been raped by a black man has a reason to be racist towards black people, or at least black men (take into account the psychological trauma of the situation)

    A boy who has been surrounded with black people who constantly refer to white people as white devils, including the boy himself even though he has done nothing to garner this title has a reason to be racist towards black people


    Obviously in each scenario not all white/black/germans are bad people, but through bad experiences, a person can turn bitter and learn a hatred towards specific groups. It's not always ignorance as some might suggest. It's actually pretty ignorant to assume nobody has a legitimate reasoning behind there racism.
    That makes so much sense, but I can relate in to those scenarios, but it wouldn't make me racist, I just avoid them only out of fear because of the trauma I've suffered. For an example, when I was a little girl, many Puerto Ricans were bullies towards me and they'd bully me physically and emotionally until I left high school. I'm not racist towards them but say, bad experience with them when it comes to socialization. ):

    My parents are actually, perhaps you may say they're "racist", but they don't like the Japanese. Not. At. All. Even though they were not involved with WWII, but my grandparents were and they were told from them and others what the Japanese did with the Chinese and Filipinos. It resulted them to have a "mild hatred" to Japanese people. I don't know with all but... it is kind of like that, just like the post you made.

    However, it is up to a person to decide if they're all like that or not. Its always best to at least be nice to one another in the first place.

  37. Likes brolyx74, Token Black Guy liked this post
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. The word "pet" is insulting to animals, they are "companion animals"
    By Kaitou Ace in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-04-2011, 12:11 AM
  2. If humans were one "color," would racism still exist?
    By Alphabet in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 02:23 PM
  3. Blasphemous Feind's famous "escape the room" situation REVIVAL
    By ███ in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. worst "famous last words" V.2
    By Kiss of Death in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-15-2007, 02:44 PM
  5. worst "famous last words"
    By timewarp90 in forum Miscellaneous Miscellany
    Replies: 201
    Last Post: 03-29-2007, 12:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts