AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battle of the Month July Phase 1 Results

Moderator Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv has a reputation beyond repute Vintniv's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Be Mine Alfa Romeo Spider JTS Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-12-2017 03:31 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Default Battle of the Month July Phase 1 Results

Alright, so here we are! Of the 14 who signed up, 12 entered; making this probably the largest turn out to the BOTM so far! Of the 14 that entered, 1 individual was discovered to be a spam bot, and was banned. The other, just didnt enter. As a matter of fact... he didnt enter in the last 3 BOTMs he signed up for, so I am giving Xey Oiz a prize in the form of one more chance.

Xey, if you are reading this, and you are, if you sign up for the BOTM next month and dont enter, you will be removed from further contests because you are basically taking up space for no reason. So remember next time!

On with the show!

Battle 1: Seung-li vs Kaitou

Following Seung's usual style of multi-image based signatures and textures, we see a great use of colors and sense of variety. While normally this could lead to the design being bogged down, the composition is done very well. The focus could be better distinguished from the face of anime girl and flower coming from the bottom though. The theme emitted by the text doesnt play well with the theme though (urban decay?).

Kaitou's entry is the high light of a good beginning. But it overall lacks content in it, such as blending and flow. The typography is fantastic, the color is well chosen, but it leaves so much to be desired

Overall, we give victory to Seung for a good composition, good color, and a good use of style.

Battle 2: Daken vs. Zombie Cupcake

Daken is clearing bringing his A-game here. Showing more of the C4Ds in this than any other tag, he creates some nice blending and flow. The colors chosen also compliment the extraction. The typography is absolutely annoying to look at. Too much variety, too spread out, and takes away from the focus created.

Zombie uses strong color, and some image combinations to try and pull this one home. However, there's a lot of problems. The text has a bold choice to it, but is scattered all over place. The AG.net is placed twice, and I dont know why. The text has very little if anything to combine with the stock choice. Why is Hatsune Miku sacrificing her voice with such a happy face? Our most obvious problem is how the extraction has become so jagged with white edges on it, even after I extracted it myself.

Overall, we give victory to Daken for a well done composition.

Battle 3: Caret vs Ardelia

Ardelia comes at us with a very particular extraction, the character is lying down. Ardelia plays with this notion by giving the character a drop shadow, a definite, and distinguishing positive to play with the stock's angle. The strong red colors and lighting are also noted, as well as the clean typography that's easy to read. There is a certain lack of blending, and use of the monotone red, but now we're just being nit picky.

Caret comes at us with his usual C4d cohesion. Using a similar extraction, Caret also amplifies its redish colors to its maximum by adding in more color variety (yellows and oranges). The typography is very ghostly, and emanates very well in the composition. Although the C4Ds are splashed all over the place, and could use a little erasing here and there to make it seem not so cluttered.

Overall, we made the very tough decision to go with Ardelia. Both entries bring their strongest attributes, but Ardelia's is far cleaner, and anything else added besides more color variety and stronger lighting isnt too necessary.

Battle 4: Zenister vs Avi-chan

Zenister, changing out he normal C4Ds with vector shapes. Again we see monochrome style; altohugh with a little blue, being used. Very good use of multi-font text, and depth. Our only complaint aside from a very minimal use of color is how bright it is in some places.

Avi is giving it her all with probably the polar opposite of Zenister's entry, an extremely colorful display of summer time! A fair use of text, an even better use of flow (and did we mention color?). Our main complaint revolves around how the top of the girl's head has been.... well.... removed.

Oh.... why must we pick one?!? Why cant I mix my chocolate with my peanut butter? After deliberation, we choose Zenister based upon is better overall use of elements such as blending, flow and depth; but so help you Zenister if we see another monochrome tag from you....

Battle 5: MaruDashi vs Serated

Maru's entry displays a good use of color balance. The focus is highly saturated, but as you leave it, the color slowly dissipates. Good flow, good blending, except for the busy text. Its everywhere, EVERYWHERE! Not as a background effect, but covering important areas.

Serated's is dreamy, in that perverted sort of way... The dual tone effect, use of effective flow is good. The tiny blue text on the white panel is definitely a strain to stare at. The entry has its bright spots, and the out place blurred area the top right is something to be removed.

In the end, we choose Maru's entry for its level of efficiency. Not having a lot of effects, and using levels of simplicity in its design.

Battle 6: BlueAngel vs. Grimmy

Blue's entry displays a certain level of evolution in her style. Using more complex C4D images than her usual textures. The effects are nice an cohesive. The color are pretty wild by throwing in spikes of yellow and red to an overall blue/cyan/green composition. The text in her entry is still horrid though; that certainly hasnt changed. The AG text hanging on the bottom, the main reading text going over the extraction and becoming unreadable.

Grimmy's entry seems more like an experiment in trying to find a new style; smudging in this case. The colors and contrast are very strong, but that's really all it has going for it. We will say this, based upon what the judges (and myself) look at, this was the hardest extraction to use of the bunch; so we give a tip of our hat to Grimmy for that. Overall the flow is difficult to make out, as is the text, blending is very limited, and more could have been done in terms of experimentation.

Overall, BlueAngel was our choice through better use of composition and ideal style.

So congratulations to all those who turned and making this so far the most wildly entered BOTM so far! We had to make a lot of tough decisions for this one and appreciate the entries!

Below is a list of those moving on to round 2!

Participant List (6/16):

Seung-Li
    Daken
    Ardelia
    Zenister
    MaruDashi
    BlueAngel

2. Likes Zenister liked this post
    s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

Default Re: Battle of the Month July Phase 1 Results

I already changed my style for you. Let me have my color scheme! Lol I keed, I keed. (by the way, blue and purple are not monochrome) :P

Great battle, guys.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Aw, I'll get through next month. Congrats everyone else!

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

5. Likes Zenister liked this post
    s.c.i.n.t.i.l.l.a.t.e Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister has a reputation beyond repute Zenister's Avatar
    Gil
    Drunk
    Gifts EVE Pokedex Rainbow Ribbon
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2013 12:31 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

I liked your entry a lot, if that helps. <3 Good attitude.
    Last edited by Zenister; 07-09-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    love is a matter of chemistry, but sex is a matter of physics

7. Thanks Archaic Devices thanked for this post
    AF's resident Crazy Cat Lady Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf has a reputation beyond repute Bulf's Avatar
    Starving
    Gifts Mario Bowser Shell Mario Bob-omb Mario Blue Shell
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-22-2014 12:38 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CaptainEllipsis Steam ID: CaptainEllipsis Wii Code: 2388 1485 3012 2739

Good fight, Ardelia! Looks like I won't be making it too far this time. Congrats to everyone else as well

9. Likes Zenister liked this post
    Member Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia has a reputation beyond repute Ardelia's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Photoshop
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-11-2012 11:24 PM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers

To be honest, when I saw my entry was against you, Caret, I had the feeling that I would lose to you D:
    Anyways nice fight, and congrats to the other as well! :3
    | |Aish Arxia | Long-Straight-Black Hair Fetish | aiccha-aibon@dA|

[R]: Umineko no Naku Koro ni | Subarashiki Hibi | Owaru Sekai to Birthday
    [W]: Gintama | Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita | Shirokuma Cafe | SKET Dance

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Congrats in passing in the second round and good job to everyone. The entries were beautiful :3
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

12. Likes Zenister liked this post
    Senior Member CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN has a reputation beyond repute CoRRuPTioN GaRDeN's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Gir Kawaii Ice Cream Cone
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-22-2012 03:58 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Aw...

I lost the Pokémon battle...

XD Yush~ I think I should've lost. I didn't really get what you meant by we'd be against each other, but now I do!!~ ^.^ Daken definitely won against me. =3 Sweet entry!~

It's just a mainstream thing to have these eggs.

deviantART .::. YouTube .::. tumblr. .::. Photobucket

Join my RPG

14. Thanks Daken. thanked for this post
    Likes Zenister liked this post
+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information