AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SCOTUS (Supreme Court) Rules Violent Game Ban Unconstitutional

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-21-2014 03:53 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Default SCOTUS (Supreme Court) Rules Violent Game Ban Unconstitutional

Supreme Court Violent Video Games Ruling: Ban On Sale, Rental To Children Unconstitutional

A thread discussing this was made back in November (although its still on the main page I'll post the link anyway: Video Game Violence Taken to Supreme Court), where the State of California had made a ban on the sale and rental of violent video games to minors. The law was brought to the District Court of Northern California where it was struck down. Then California appealed to the Ninth Circuit Court where it was again struck down.

Now, after months of waiting, SCOTUS has made their ruling and has ruled that the ban was unconstitutional, stating that while states have the power to protect children, they don't have the power to restrict what ideas are exposed to children (in my opinion, the power to control what ideas are exposed to children are the parents themselves) and that there is no similar protection in place for any other form of media (while some stores may have policies regarding the sale of violent media to minors, the action itself is not illegal). This is a pretty interesting point to make because it highlights the fact that video games can be compared to other artistic mediums and that they should receive the same protection (this little nugget of recognition is something that gamers have been fighting for).

So, thoughts anyone?
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Awaken Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1 has a reputation beyond repute Skylar1's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Mario 1-Up Mushroom Aria Neko Mario Piranha Plant
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-16-2022 04:19 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SCOTUS Rules Violent Game Ban Unconstitutional

well, @Light Buster already posted this in the other thread..

Since this is about the new ruling, I'll let this be the new thread though, since the last one is about the controversy before the ruling.
    The Brighter the Light the Darker the Shadow

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information