AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some help with an anime title

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Need some help with an anime title

There was an anime I remember seeing when I was a kid, on either Fox or ABC Saturday morning cartoons. It was mostly about this boy from a town that was either out in the desert, or the world had turned to desert, and the town was trying to make it by. The boy has a little creature companion that reminds me an awful lot like the Kuribo monster from Yu-gi-oh. The boy and his pet go out into the desert for some reason and encounter large creatures that basically look like over-sized brown woolly cotton balls on three really long legs. They basically save the boy, and he learns that his little companion is like a juvenile of those large creatures, and he has to say goodbye. But then at the end of the show, the earth has begun to heal, and there are plants and water, and one of the creatures goes up to a human, and is recognized as being the companion all grown up.

Can anyone help think of the name of it? Thanks in advance!

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Default Re: Need some help with an anime title

Ah, I think I know this one. It might be Red Planet.

I believe it was on Fox in the 90s. It was a mini series with maybe 5-10 episodes. I didn't watch the entire series but saw enough for your description to jog my memory. The little "Kuriboh" creature was a baby of the aliens, but it wouldn't have been full grown for something like 300 years. So at the end I recall it talking with the ancestor grandchildren of its first friend/master.

Is this it? I picked a part well into it toward the end, but hopefully not spoiled enough:

Senior Member marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix has a reputation beyond repute marvel_phoenix's Avatar
    Gil
    Fine
    Gifts Witch Hat Gir Aries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-04-2012 08:45 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Looks close enough to me. Thanks very much! The animation looks different than I remember, but then again the last time I saw it, I was 9-10 years old, and now I'm pushing 30... :X I recall 3 "episodes", shown over as many weeks, but that doesn't always mean anything. I'll give it a shot, hopefully it's not one of those "do overs" like they did with Shadow Skill (almost as cool as the original ) and Sol Bianca (not as cool...)

Viva la Touhou !!!!! CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack has a reputation beyond repute CapnJack's Avatar
    Gil
    Bored
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-25-2022 10:53 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: SabotageDaemon

Your welcome. Good luck. Hopefully its the right show. It probably was around 3 episodes and I misread the segment titles on Youtube. How do you remember the animation like? More brighter; more toonish? I believe I was about 15 the first time it ran.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information