AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gundam The Origin getting an anime adaptation.

Senior Member Admiral Muffin is on a distinguished road Admiral Muffin's Avatar
    Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-08-2012 02:43 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Gundam The Origin getting an anime adaptation.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-anime-project

http://www.moetron.com/2011/06/22/mo...me-adaptation/

I got some big news here.

Yoshikazu Yasuhiko's Gundam the Origin manga will be getting an anime adaptation. For those who don't follow, Origin is basically the manga adaptation of the original Mobile Suit Gundam anime series. It follows the basic plot but with different details and...well...I wanna say improvements but let's stick with changes lol. I read the manga myself and it's pretty good. I've always been a fan of Yasuhiko's character designs and his art in the manga is really nice, especially the facial expressions of the characters. Backstories of some characters were expanded through detailed flashbacks and well...some of the awkward stuff in the original anime were fixed. Characters and mobile suits were given slight updated looks, to lessen the retroness I guess. Anyway, this is basically a remake of 0079. So yeah, might be interesting to see the OYW in glorious HD. Well I guess if you're not digging the upcoming Gundam AGE series then maybe you could enjoy the Gundam the Origin anime.

No info so far if this is going to be an OVA, movie or TV series.

Senior Member J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam has a reputation beyond repute J Gundam's Avatar
    Gil
    Mellow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-23-2012 01:34 PM
    Threads

Default Re: Gundam The Origin getting an anime adaptation.

It's going to be so awesome seeing memorable scenes like Amuro and Char's first battle, their first face-to-face meeting, Ramba Ral and Amuro's battle etc. be redone.

Senior Member Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier has a reputation beyond repute Digimon___Sommelier's Avatar
    Gil
    Breezy
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-18-2014 11:46 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Can someone please syndicate another GUNDAM anime in North America? It's been ages, my God... :coughs up grey hair:

My Wi-Fi, it's gone out...
    My Wi-Fi, it's gone out . . .

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Lol, so they're running out of ink. So it's an adaption of an adaption.

Just kidding. I like the idea. But I have a question since I haven't read Origin. Can Origin be a replacement to the original MSG? And by replacement, I mean 1) it doesn't omit anything, so all changes are additions/improvements, and 2) if we were to remove MSG and put Origin in its place, that wouldn't affect the continuity with the rest of the UC timeline. So it can be thought of as a rewrite/improvement and expansion of the canon, not an alternate.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 06-27-2011 at 04:59 AM.

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aku no Hikari View Post
    Lol, so they're running out of ink. So it's an adaption of an adaption.

Just kidding. I like the idea. But I have a question since I haven't read Origin. Can Origin be a replacement to the original MSG? And by replacement, I mean 1) it doesn't omit anything, so all changes are additions/improvements, and 2) if we were to remove MSG and put Origin in its place, that wouldn't affect the continuity with the rest of the UC timeline. So it can be thought of as a rewrite/improvement and expansion of the canon, not an alternate.
    Yeah.. I guess so. It follows the main plot faithfully and I think you can replace it. The changes I've seen so far didn't mess with the main canon.

みんなで歌おうよ!
    AnimeLyrics Submitter Lv 2
    Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari has a reputation beyond repute Aku no Hikari's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-14-2013 07:58 PM
    Threads
    AL Lyrics

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Muffin View Post
    Yeah.. I guess so. It follows the main plot faithfully and I think you can replace it. The changes I've seen so far didn't mess with the main canon.
    I see. Thanks for answering.

If the anime sticks to that too, it would be a great introduction to UC for newcomers who would be otherwise turned off by the old animation of MSG.
    Last edited by Aku no Hikari; 06-27-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 11:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Really looking forward to this. I'm currently in the "I love Ribbons Almark" and seeing as his VA is getting another Amuro script, makes me wanna see this with much anticipation. On that note, when is Unicorn 4 coming out?
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

Gil
    Relaxed
    Gifts Char Zaku MS 06S
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Heer0Yuy View Post
    when is Unicorn 4 coming out?
    Fall of this year. It might get delayed because they need to get the details right since it's set on Earth and not to mention the Shambloo mobile armor will be hand-drawn, not CGI.

Senior Member Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy has a reputation beyond repute Heer0Yuy's Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts Decepticons Eva NERV Aquarius
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-26-2012 11:45 AM
    Pinole, California, United States, 107905739230377, Pinole, California
    Threads

Well. At least they have a release date. Unlike Eva 3.0 which is another I am eager to watch. The other is Hellsing OVA 8. Geez. They need to step up the production speed. Hellsing OVA is overdue for like what? 1, 2 years?
    "I'll kill Zechs. That's my way of saying thanks." -Heero Yuy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information