AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ROTC SMP National Guard. Need some answers.

Is back!!! Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Bento Photoshop
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2013 09:53 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default ROTC SMP National Guard. Need some answers.

Okie. So I'm going into college year and I've been offered a National Guard ROTC SMP opportunity. They will pay for my college and get me a stipend every month. Plus multiple other benefits, my dad says the Guard doesn't deploy, but my boyfriend who is a Marine says they deploy 12 months at a time then get 4 years back. I want to join the Guard to protect within this country not go out and save another. Maybe that is wrong of me but i think we need people here to protect the citizens here. I wanna help in natural disaster situations. I'm a girl and yes I am scared of deployment. Does anyone have any answers for me. Like will I actually deploy? I am going to enter the finance branch i never thought i'd have to deploy. I just wanna know if i do or not so I can make my decisions wisely.
    Made by Me (: Requests {OPEN}

~Member of Illuminated Spirits ~

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Default Re: ROTC SMP National Guard. Need some answers.

Yeah, they deploy, though I think the stabilization period is two years instead of four and it's more eight to twelve months per deployment. There have been exceptions to this where some have had frequent mobilizations then the norm. Due not it's an eight year deal. How you break them up between active and reserve is up to you. I think the minimum is three years active though. After which they'll pay for any schooling you want to take. You could just straight up join the Air Force and skip collage by learning your job there. Course there's a chance you'll be deployed. Though it could be anywhere. My two brothers are in the Air Force and one's still state side and the other got deployed to Japan. The catch to this though is that you need to score at least a ninety on their aptitude test to get first dibs on what you want to do or end up in a first come first serve situation.

Is back!!! Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari has a reputation beyond repute Yukari's Avatar
    Gil
    In Love
    Gifts Kawaii Ice Cream Cone Bento Photoshop
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2013 09:53 PM
    Threads

Well for SMP I will be part time Guard and full time student. they pay for college then I owe them 4 years. Which I've no problem with but as I said I don't want to deploy. I wanna help state side. I wanna do what I went to college for which will be accounting. From what i've read is 12 month deploy then 4 years reserve. I don't know who deploys though. I don't want to enlist confused. Worst state to enlist in I believe
    Made by Me (: Requests {OPEN}

~Member of Illuminated Spirits ~

Geek of Games GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks has a reputation beyond repute GameGeeks's Avatar
    Gil
    Paranoid
    Gifts Jade Disc Cookie Cookie
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 08:34 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: GameGeeks

Then yeah, I think they train you then ship you a.s.a.p. then and a one in five chance each additional year of another deployment. You could look at it as giving up a year in exchange for not being in debt for years.

Great Witch of Britannia wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90 has a reputation beyond repute wolfgirl90's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Eva Penpen Wolf Full Moon
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-29-2014 10:41 PM
    Threads
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: DisturbedWiccan PSN ID: Wolfdragon63 Steam ID: Wolfgirl90

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari112 View Post
    Okie. So I'm going into college year and I've been offered a National Guard ROTC SMP opportunity. They will pay for my college and get me a stipend every month. Plus multiple other benefits, my dad says the Guard doesn't deploy, but my boyfriend who is a Marine says they deploy 12 months at a time then get 4 years back. I want to join the Guard to protect within this country not go out and save another. Maybe that is wrong of me but i think we need people here to protect the citizens here. I wanna help in natural disaster situations. I'm a girl and yes I am scared of deployment. Does anyone have any answers for me. Like will I actually deploy? I am going to enter the finance branch i never thought i'd have to deploy. I just wanna know if i do or not so I can make my decisions wisely.
    Let me explain a few things.

Your boyfriend is right...well, slightly. The National Guard is occasionally deployed. It is a reserve military force and as such, can be (and sometimes is) called off to war. Your boyfriend is wrong on the timing however. The policy is that a Guardsman can't be deployed for more than 24 cumulative months within a 6 year period (it used to be 12 months but this changed to help relieve some of the strain placed on active duty soldiers; it might change again), with no more than a year overseas (I don't think that part has changed). Also, while there is a chance that your unit could be deployed, there is a chance it may never be; there is nothing that says that your unit HAS to be deployed for any amount of time (bare in mind that if you are under contract, you can't be deployed while in school).

However, if you are concerned about being deployed AT ALL, I strongly suggest that you reconsider taking this scholarship. As you might already know, if you successfully complete this, you will be an officer, a 2nd Lieutenant; the phrase "I'm afraid of deployment" is not one that you utter. I don't think your potential (or current?) MOS is deployed often (I imagine accountants being sent anywhere), but that doesn't mean that the chance is zero. However, this is a HUGE opportunity that you have, so keep your options open.

Although if serving stateside is what you really want, I suggest that you look up whether of not your state has a State Defense Force. Its essentially a state militia but unlike the National Guard, it isn't (and can't be) federalized (meaning SDF units can't be "deployed").
    Last edited by wolfgirl90; 06-23-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    This is my war face.

This is what happens to trolls who mess with me.

Yoko Littner Fan Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio has a reputation beyond repute Wio's Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Where
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-26-2014 08:43 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Since your boyfriend has a penis and all, he probably had to sign up for selective services just to get FAFSA, which doesn't even cover everything.

I'm opposed serving in the current U.S. military on certain principles, but otherwise if I were you I'd take the scholarship. You fear of deployment is about as rational as my fear of spiders and falling off the third step of a step ladder. The chances of you being harmed in deployment are so astronomically low. Now, it certainly would be uncomfortable, but so is college debt. Abuse it or lose it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information