AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Akuma's Signature Attempts

Senior Member Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-06-2011 03:52 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default Akuma's Signature Attempts

I have decided to use this thread to post all my signature creations as I make them. C:
    Attempt 1: I was bored at *Tsuki*'s house. While she was napping sleeping I decided to play in photoshop and this is what I came up with

Last edited by Akuma no Hana; 06-21-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Update C:
    I would like to apologize ahead of time for my poor English. I'm sorry u.u;

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Gifts 001 - Bulbasaur Cowboy Hat Dr Who Tardis
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-30-2021 04:30 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Akuma's First Signature Attempt

Not napping.
    Still sleeping from the night before.

EDIT: Soo much purple. Dx

Senior Member Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana has a reputation beyond repute Akuma no Hana's Avatar
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by *Tsuki* View Post
    Not napping.
    Still sleeping from the night before.

EDIT: Soo much purple. Dx
    You woke up like 8 times and started a conversation then fell back asleep so I consider it napping >w>
    That is cause purple is awesome x3
    Last edited by Akuma no Hana; 06-15-2011 at 01:46 PM.

つき *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki* has a reputation beyond repute *Tsuki*'s Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Akuma no Hana : That's called . . . sleep talking.

She kinda blends in with the background. A little bit.
    If you just kind of glance at it.

Senior Member Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh has a reputation beyond repute Nesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Sleepy
    Gifts 143 - Snorlax Pen Electric Piano
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    12-11-2015 03:17 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I like the smudging that you did on the signature, which gives it a nice flowing effct.
    The colors are also nice. It would've been better if it wasn't upside down, so I could see it better.
    But I think it's a great first try.
    You did a superb job on it ;3

-edit- next time try adding text to a sig I would like to see that :3
    Last edited by Nesh; 06-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.
    Nesh (nɛʃ) dialect adj. - sensitive to the cold

Set made by me
    ''Do your best, no matter how many times you fail!.''

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Avi-chan View Post
    I like the smudging that you did on the signature, which gives it a nice flowing effct.
    The colors are also nice. It would've been better if it wasn't upside down, so I could see it better.
    But I think it's a great first try.
    You did a superb job on it ;3

-edit- next time try adding text to a sig I would like to see that :3
    Thanks C:
    I wanted to make it look as if she was falling? Not quiet sure XD.
    I want to try to learn depth and texture type effects then work on text
    Thank you so much for the feed back n.n

@Akuma no Hana : That's called . . . sleep talking.

She kinda blends in with the background. A little bit.
    If you just kind of glance at it.
    You have full length conversation in your sleep? Impressive o.o;
    That is what I was going for C:

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Gifts Telescope Baka Be Mine
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-21-2014 10:13 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

I think the character is over-smudged. I like the blueish feel I'm getting from it, and I love the pop-out effect. The background definitely needs more, right now all it looks like you did was duplicate the extraction and smudge it a few times. Try experimenting with photoshop, there's a looot of tools that you'll never know about unless you take time to experiment with. After you've done some experimenting, try out a tutorial, they're very helpful.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Arrancar Grimmjow View Post
    I think the character is over-smudged. I like the blueish feel I'm getting from it, and I love the pop-out effect. The background definitely needs more, right now all it looks like you did was duplicate the extraction and smudge it a few times. Try experimenting with photoshop, there's a looot of tools that you'll never know about unless you take time to experiment with. After you've done some experimenting, try out a tutorial, they're very helpful.
    Thank you so much for the feed back!
    I couldn't figure out how to make her blend in and not look like a just pasted her there so I resorted to smudging x.x;
    If you have any good tuts or tuts site please do share! C:
    Thank you again x3<3

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I can see that you had fun. The blending could of been a bit better, but it looks great for a new beginner, just keep practicing some more. Try adding in some brushes and other effects in the background and around the image next time, cause the background in your first signature seems a bit empty.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Saved Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices has a reputation beyond repute Archaic Devices's Avatar
    Gil
    Bashful
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma no Hana View Post
    Thank you so much for the feed back!
    I couldn't figure out how to make her blend in and not look like a just pasted her there so I resorted to smudging x.x;
    If you have any good tuts or tuts site please do share! C:
    Thank you again x3<3
    Just try smudging the edges of the extraction instead of all of her legs. Let's say I was doing a Naruto sig. I usually google "Naruto sig tutorial" to get a good tutorial that will help that certain extraction. Tutorials might even help you develop a style.

Sig by Feferi <3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."
    -Mark Twain

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyna View Post
    I can see that you had fun. The blending could of been a bit better, but it looks great for a new beginner, just keep practicing some more. Try adding in some brushes and other effects in the background and around the image next time, cause the background in your first signature seems a bit empty.
    My only issues is I only have photoshop 7 and it is a pain to find nice brushes for it ;w;, but I will keep look >D.
    I dunno if I am weird but I kinda like the empty look C:. I have to agree that this is a little to empty even for me though XD.
    Thank you so much!~<3
    Just try smudging the edges of the extraction instead of all of her legs. Let's say I was doing a Naruto sig. I usually google "Naruto sig tutorial" to get a good tutorial that will help that certain extraction. Tutorials might even help you develop a style.
    Actually I never even smudged her legs I just add color over them C:. I was kinda, sorta, maybe attempting to make it look like she was coming out of the smudges if you know what I mean? xD
    Ah, mmk. Thank you so much!

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Akuma no Hana : Yes, I do. Thanks for realizing I'm so great.
    Oh, and there are some nice tutorials here on AF as well.
    Over here
    Just make it show you from the beginning or something rather than just the last month.
    And read the tip of the week thread.
    Last edited by *Tsuki*; 06-16-2011 at 01:06 AM.

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

@Akuma no Hana : Yes, I do. Thanks for realizing I'm so great.
    Oh, and there are some nice tutorials here on AF as well.
    Over here
    Just make it show you from the beginning or something rather than just the last month.
    And read the tip of the week thread.
    Hmmm. . . interesting C:.
    I shall lurk.
    AR has the awesome graphics so no I just need the motivation >w>.

Senior Member Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna has a reputation beyond repute Aleyna's Avatar
    Gil
    Shh
    Gifts Flowers Fan2 R2 Ice Cream
    Mentioned
    249 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2015 06:16 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

My only issues is I only have photoshop 7 and it is a pain to find nice brushes for it ;w;, but I will keep look >D.
    I dunno if I am weird but I kinda like the empty look C:. I have to agree that this is a little to empty even for me though XD.
    Thank you so much!~<3
    This site has links to new and old photoshop brushes. If you get tired of ps7, I recommend trying out Gimp(since it's free) or downloading a trial or buying PaintShop Photo Pro X3. You can even download a trial of Photoshop CS5, or I believe you can upgrade your Photoshop 7 to Photoshop CS5, which would cost less then only buying Photoshop CS5.
    Last edited by Aleyna; 06-16-2011 at 01:21 AM.

From SkullMuffins on deviantart

Instagram|Tumblr

Gil
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries

@Akuma no Hana
    You do that. Oh, and you have my gateway so you technically have CS3

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Aleyna View Post
    This site has links to new and old photoshop brushes. If you get tired of ps7, I recommend trying out Gimp(since it's free) or downloading a trial or buying PaintShop Photo Pro X3. You can even download a trial of Photoshop CS5, or I believe you can upgrade your Photoshop 7 to Photoshop CS5, which would cost less then only buying Photoshop CS5.
    Thanks for the links! =D
    I'm actually hoping to get a job relatively soon and I am planning on saving up to upgrade my photoshop C:.

@Akuma no Hana
    You do that. Oh, and you have my gateway so you technically have CS3
    Oh, I do still have that don't I? ^^

Gil
    Bashful
    Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Thanks for the links! =D
    I'm actually hoping to get a job relatively soon and I am planning on saving up to upgrade my photoshop C:.

Oh, I do still have that don't I? ^^
    While you're saving up to get an upgrade to photoshop, I really would recommend trying out Gimp. I use it to make my sigs, and if you've seen Zenister's sigs (which are amazing btw), she uses that to make her sigs. It doesnt have all the great options as PS, but I wouldn't trade it out for PS :P

Sig by Feferi <3

-Mark Twain

18. Thanks Akuma no Hana thanked for this post
    Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

While you're saving up to get an upgrade to photoshop, I really would recommend trying out Gimp. I use it to make my sigs, and if you've seen Zenister's sigs (which are amazing btw), she uses that to make her sigs. It doesnt have all the great options as PS, but I wouldn't trade it out for PS :P
    I'll definitely check GIMP out. :o
    Thank you so much. x3

Nanobyte's minion Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse has a reputation beyond repute Trinity Muse's Avatar
    Gil
    Wicked
    Gifts Moon Crystal Locket Cheese Cake
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-02-2015 03:20 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

That's a really interesting signature there. I only managed to make stuff like only after about 2 years of graphic-designing, so you're starting good! Smudging (if I'm not mistaken) and blurring still remaints a fancy way of developing a blend between the bg and the char, and the pop-ip is nice enough, though the sig itself could use some text or other minor deco elements. I'd like to see some more of your work =)
    Set by me

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Muse View Post
    That's a really interesting signature there. I only managed to make stuff like only after about 2 years of graphic-designing, so you're starting good! Smudging (if I'm not mistaken) and blurring still remaints a fancy way of developing a blend between the bg and the char, and the pop-ip is nice enough, though the sig itself could use some text or other minor deco elements. I'd like to see some more of your work =)
    Thank you so much fro the feedback! =D
    I am actually hoping to experiment more with photoshop later this week but first I need to find some cool tuts or techniques to play with. C:

Gil
    Lurking
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Attempt 2: Since I had nothing planned for today, I spent my time playing in Photoshop again. I seem to have come to a dead end with his signature though. x.x; Here is what I have so far.

Any advice? D;
    Last edited by Akuma no Hana; 06-21-2011 at 10:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information