This is a review for Clannads movie release "Clannad Theatrical"
---Avoid spoilers---
THIS IS NOT FOR CLANNAD THE SERIES!

Theatrical:
Clannad theatrical is the movie release of the clannad seris, the movie was supposed to overview the highlights of the main story line with Tomoya and Nagisa

Plot Summary:
The story follows tomoya as in the origonal seris, he is being his normal dilinquent self with Yohei just living through the school years when he meets nagisa. un-willing he ends up helping her develop the drama club and revive it back with the help of ibuki kouko.

Story (6.5/10):
Honestly to the series is isnt to good, the story here is changed alot which i make peace with as its around nagisa but the drama club wasnt much to do with the movie but yet it was the whole movie. It twindeled round the 5-7mins nagisa's play went on, the whole show lead up to it and it wasnt to impressive then. The apocoliptic world (as visual novels fans know it) has been changed alot to suite and match tomoya and it kinda was a shame as the robot was what made clannad good
Though it seems a downward spiral it did have its moments, It is quite ammusing at times (though also childish at others) but the story in its self wasnt all half bad. I Think 6 is suited, it was a decent watch for fans of the seris but it leads to some big ledges and this costs it
also the way it ends is bad, its end happens and goes in 10mins and feels us sititng here like eh? its over... but what happedn xxxxx ect

Characters (5/10):
Alot was wrong here. i rated only mid way for to many changes. Nagisa in this seris is so unlike the anime, shes no longer a shy girl stugling up that hill, shes now still in the struggle to get up to school (through that hill) but she seems to force tomoya into it, she is no longer shy and doubtfull and with little faith in her ability, but now she gets on with it and doesnt back down, she became courages for... which might not sound bad but she isnt that sweet shy decelant girl we all loved so much no more and i felt it was far to much of a shame. im unsure if they changed her voice actor aswell, i watched the eng dub here but she semt of the mark, it still sounded like nagisa just a bit... sqeeky i suppose
Tomoya and Yohei are still good though, same voice actors and simular to how they always have been, yohei feels a bit odd as he seems a bit more pervy and childish now but its still the same guy in the end so i was ok there
Tomoyo and Kyou... whats the point? they have few roles in the show and neither one is like they should be, kyou seems to have little to do with them and is best friends with tomoyo as it seems, shame as in the anime they dislike one another (i got on par though as the anime is more due to ryous crush which isnt the case here) but still i couldnt help but feel it wrote all the characters out except nagisa, tomoya and sunahara
Ushio- whats the point? she has about 2 lines in the show if that but really i found her a failed teaser for them who havent seem the after story... im currently only watcing the after story but i knew most to come as i played the visual novel and i feel her pressance is pointless at best
The development of characters on nagisa and tomoya on the other hand i must admit was very good as it progressed through so i will give it a thumbs up there =]

Art/Design/Visual (5/10):
again, some very sketchy child liek scenes ruin the nice picture key paint over all there animes with.
i felt it was cheap, Nagisa looks like nagisa.. but somhow she reminds me of ayu (but bigger) from Kanon... how odd... but non the less the character designs are the same but differant. i couldnt quite mark it, they look the same but at the same time they seem to "tried" with, and it makes them look cheeaply done so i wouldnt say there to good. then the background, some nice ones actually, i think some great detail went into the town and city work but again to many scenes left me feeling it was rushed and to many counrers cut in artwork

Soundtracks (5/10):
FAIL! compared to key's work this just failed. but looking at clannad and the after story it just lacked far to much...
The dango song even was ruined... how can you ruin somthing so symbolic to the seris? they did it though
But overall theres nothing peachy in the ost of this one, its plain and basic, it uses remixes from the seris and the new stuff is average at best.

Overall (6/10):
i give it 6... i was thinking 5 but i think it is a 6. the movie its self isnt half bad, and i know i seem to have ripped it apart here but it has its good points to it there just small and not as visible. The story isnt half bad though, for somone who enjoys the seris they will feel a bit dissapointed imo watching this but i think its worth watching non the less. its your average movie really, it gives that feeling when you go to a cinema and watch a film but have nothing to say about it... you dont really hate it you just didnt think it was much of a highlight
i feel they dropped so much and crushed the ending as it was rushed really bad. the visal and sound wasnt to good but the story makes up for em. i just feel it isnt to impressive but i recomed the watch for fans of clannad seris, but i do recomend against it till you see the after story as it reveils nagisa's plot from the mid-later parts of after story

This of course if just my view but ohwell i felt a bit let down, if i was rating more detailed it might get some more points and im sure some people liked it more than i did but its just average i will say