Well.... sorry for the delay, but getting judges online during the summer is becoming a little harder. And, following my own Zero Tolerance policy, I self eliminated myself for missing the deadline.

Now, instead of doing another theme after this one, we will just have a 3 way battle between the remaining entries.

Battle: Daken versus Zenister versus MaruDashi

Daken's entry is a strong, monotone tag that relies on its simplicity. Overall, it has not a lot going for it. The text is weak, the color is boring, the flow and blending are hard to decipher. But what it does have, is that it has the stock going for it. It certainly does show a lot and combines well with the text preset theme even if the typography isnt very strong.

Zenister's entry has more powerful color and typography than Daken's. Use of C4Ds, powerful lighting, and full on use of a Purple/Orange combination make it probably the most vibrant of the entries. Its probably also far more technically proficient. But the problem we have is that we find this entry to be more or less manufactured in terms of what Zenister does. Its resembles many of her other works very closely which makes us scratch our heads and wonder just how much thought was actually put into the design itself.

Maru's entry follows upon the logic of irony. The Indian Pocahontas holding a musket, probably 'Up To No Good.' The text is powerful, good use of how its organized. But the entry has a lot going on. Effects are almost exploding out of the bottom of the tag, spraying reds and whites over the composition. The colors are good, and have a nice variety, but its a little too much.

So who do we pick? Daken's simple, but unrefined entry? Zenister's well composed, but boring entry? Or Maru's strange, but sporadic entry?

Aha... Well, after much deliberation, we choose Daken. The reason being, that although this is a Text preset, and therefore we want the text to be strong, we also want it to feel as though it belongs there. The use of the peace sign, the thoughts of the Hippie's love movement, and the grin bring home the emotion and thoughts of what the text should say.

So to Daken, you may use this badge to commemorate your eternal victory.

Thank you all for participating, we hope to see you on the next Battle of the Month in July!